TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hollow Knight

Southquarter.com/fms
    HK would definitely be in the running for me for GOTY, if it wasn't for Breath of the Wild.

Moderator and Priest
    I can't pick a single favorite this year, so I'm just gonna settle with my collective goties, and be done with it.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Beat the Broken Vessel last night. I am so bad at this game, it took me over an hour of tries. I'm kind of worried that going forward the game will be too tough for a wuss like me. For the vets, how does this fight compare to the ones that come after it?

Still amazed by this game and how big it is. New areas keep opening up, sometimes going deeper and sometimes just leading back to old areas. And even when I go back through the old areas multiple times, I keep finding new things - some that I just couldn't access before but some that I just never noticed.

This could be my GOTY! I doubt it would surpass BOTW, but stay tuned.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    For the vets, how does this fight compare to the ones that come after it?
    There are probably two fights I'd consider harder than it, Soul Master, and the second fight with Hornet. There are a couple three more if (this one's a bigger spoiler than the previous two, so beware) you're going for the true ending.

Southquarter.com/fms
    The Coliseum of Fools was a blast. Only did the first two trials though. I like how they fake you out a few times to make you think you've won (but you haven't)..

Deepnest was really frightening, but I loved every minute of it. Queen's Gardens is an awful, curse worthy trip through way too many thorn covered...whatever. But I made it through.

I've got my nail fully upgraded, and I've cleaned out all the stores that I know of - do I need Geo for anything else?

I think I'm coming up to the end now, only a few bosses left and I think I've been to every major area. It will be sad day when I actually finish this thing.