TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Gaming Chairs?

Still Subjective

Gaming Chairs?

I'd quite like an uber comfy chair for gaming/the office. Has anyone got one of these? Any suggestions?

I'm talking about chairs like in this article: http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-ce...17-uk-3641761/

I most interested in comfort and certainly not "style", though I'd prefer a black one and not one of these godawful orange or bright green efforts.

It would be a good idea for you to go out and test various chairs if that is at all a possibility. What's comfortable for one person might be awkward for you.

I got fairly lucky with my chair, though the company did have a "If you don't like it, you can return it even if it's been assembled" policy, it would have been a hassle to do that. One thing to note is that the sales person asked for my weight and packed in a more powerful gas strut on top of the standard one free of charge (the standard one is rated for around 90 kgs), according to him it's one of the parts that are most prone to breaking over time if stressed too much.

Still Subjective
    What chair is it?

I'd love an Embody but ha ha ha that price

Kagouti's right, it's worth trying before you buy. I bought an Arozzi that's practically a carbon copy of that left-hand Nitro in your picture and I wish I'd have looked a bit harder, in retrospect. It's a smart look, fair enough, but it only tilts back about 10', the armrests are wider set than I'd have liked and, to top it all off, it squeaks. It's also worth pointing out that the respective design doesn't allow you to do away with the armrests, they're actually holding the back in place. It's certainly a big improvement over my old office chair, but for the same money a friend got a tall, mesh-backed Ikea unit that better checked my boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    What chair is it?
    Can't remember and it doesn't have a logo on it.

If you can picture that first chair, but with mostly black with blue bits. That's the chair I went with earlier in the year.

Positives:

* Once you get used to it, it's nice to swivel around in
    * The arm rests go up and down which is handy
    * Nice sleek look

Negatives:

* Was a bit trickier than most chairs I've assembled, to assemble. Got it working in the end. Just took a few hours.
    * Not as much leg room as some other chairs. So say you like to use a computer chair as a nice couch/chair when you want to have a nap, this chair is not for you.

Note that mine lacks the logo, but beyond that it's nigh on identical to the one in that photo.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I'm riding in this cool and comfy bad boy.

Dunno the name of it, but IIRC it cost around 300 euros.

Only negative is that it occasionally sinks down even when I don't want it to. Maybe the spring isn't enough for someone of my... generous... ness.

Thing What Kicks
    Okay, that's a pretty sweet chair. Mine's some crappy old black thing I picked up years ago and has been with me through 3 moves. Same basic design as that, but FAR lower quality.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Maybe the spring isn't enough for someone of my... generous... ness.
    I doubt it's a spring, but rather a gas strut, which as I mentioned apparently is prone to breaking if it does not support the weight of the user. Default ones tend to be in the 80-90 kgs range unless the chair is specifically targeted towards the stereotypical "overweight gamer". Depending on the assembly of the chair it may be fairly simple to switch out the old gas strut and replace it with a more powerful one.

verbose douchebag
    Please tell me you game dressed entirely in tweed and glupping on a massive pipe.

I went crazy earlier this year and now I sit in one of these: Link

This is what I bought last year. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G9MQNX0/?tag=pcpapi-20

At the time it was $260.00, but the price has dropped down to $190.00. It has the design & features of a $300 chair, but without the price. The reviews are good and I can personally attest to the comfortability. I have a picture of it among many in my signature.

The arm rests swivel, raise, and lower. The back can be lowered & raised almost 90 degrees. No annoying pillows either.
    Windows 10 Pro, i7-4790K, GTX 1070 x2, Maximus Hero Vii, 32gb DDR3 2400.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/b/z7ccCJ

Dunno the name of it, but IIRC it cost around 300 euros.

Only negative is that it occasionally sinks down even when I don't want it to. Maybe the spring isn't enough for someone of my... generous... ness.
    heh looks almost like my chair. Put a pillow / folded blanket on it if it sinks too much maybe? Good ole office chair does the jorb!

Thing What Kicks
    You got me looking, and I'm now tempted by the prospect of a second-hand Herman Miller Aeron. Usually they're around 1,000, but they can be picked up second hand for less than half that.
    Basically, loads of post production houses in London buy them then go bust (probably because of all the money they spent on awesome, expensive chairs).

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Twitch streamers bros all pimp those garish, florescent DX Racer gaming chairs. I'm sure they're awesome if you're 14.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

I'm sure they're awesome if you're paid to use them instead of vice-versa.

Still Subjective
    Exactly what I want! Where to get one?

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Twitch streamers bros all pimp those garish, florescent DX Racer gaming chairs. I'm sure they're awesome if you're 14.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk
    Lol.

This must irony because you haven't the wit.