TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Posters!

I think this is my favorite. It was a truly weird movie too.
    Last edited by Tocky; 29th Jul 2017 at 02:16.

The Creepshow I had planned to have signed by Berni Wrightson but the brain cancer kept him from Memphis comicon. The upper small in the middle I had on my wall as a teen. It is from Dark Side of the Moon or Animals or one of those albums. The bottom middle is one I had as an early teen from a copy of Dynamite magazine. The one on the right is Something Wicked This Way Comes and does not show up very well.
    Last edited by Tocky; 29th Jul 2017 at 02:14.

Okay I think that will about do it for tonight. There are many more but I think you get the idea. There is just something about these old posters. Some are lurid, some outrageously declarative, and some quite beautiful, but they all entice me.

Just one more because I like the artwork. The movie itself was rather odd and a bit cheesy by today's standards but still great in the way only those old grindhouse type can be.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Oh my God!

That is quite a collection. I haven't even heard of half of these movies, but their posters look amazing.

"BEWARE! The skeleton with creeping flesh that rises from the dead!" Hahaha, I would love to see that.

Army of Darkness, COME ON.

"Hail to the king baby".

Interestingly Ash is never actually low on gas in the middle ages although he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Oh my God!

That is quite a collection. I haven't even heard of half of these movies, but their posters look amazing.

"BEWARE! The skeleton with creeping flesh that rises from the dead!" Hahaha, I would love to see that.
    It was a Hammer production and one that Cushing carried off as the only known actor. He was an archaeologist who discovered a skeleton of some precursor to man which he thought of as pure evil. If I recall correctly he was going to distill some essence of it and work on an antibody which would prevent his daughter from becoming evil like her mother. It went awry when the daughter became that way anyway and he discovered flesh grew on the skeleton everywhere water touched it. I don't recall the ending. Death and destruction for everyone except the hot daughter I think. An odd hodgepodge of plot. It's a sentimental favorite from my preteen years.

I'm debating going to Atlanta Walker Stalker come October and getting a pic with Bruce Campbell and maybe a few of the Walking Dead crowd like Melissa McBride. They aren't doing any signings though so I can't get my poster signed but who knows?

Some more since I don't get to show them off often.

Adrienne Barbeau signed this one.
    Last edited by Tocky; 30th Jul 2017 at 00:33.

Okay I'll stop. Nice one the end on though. That was maybe a sixth of my collection. You may notice that there are folds on most. That is because before 1986 all posters shipped to movie theaters were shipped folded. Before the eighties they measured 41 x 27 and after 40 x 27. Frames usually come 40 X 27 so that has been a problem for me. I shrink wrap them on cardboard and tack or staple them up with also a double sided tape backing for the ceiling ones.

Which reminds me... do you have Arachnophobia? That one almost got me into it, but now, between shelves of books and board games, I'm glad I never went down that rabbit hole.