TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Whoessa: Time Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    She's not going to paint the Tardis pink.
    Well, obviously.

She will get a man in to do it.

I can't say I watch Dr Who, mostly because it's pretty rubbish, so whether the person playing the role is male or female doesn't mean an awful lot to me. But a little part of me would have liked the new Dr to be male as it would have irritated the kind of people I generally don't like.* Because I'm mature like that.

*You know the kind, the ones who were posting their outrage on twitter when Kate Middleton gave birth to a boy.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    The Doctor is male. Always was, always should be. That's The Doctor.
    why?

The doctor will still be a time travelling wizard in a box, who likes helping people and is accompanied by a human or two. This is a step for inclusivity, but it's hardly a "change beyond all recognition".
    Last edited by Chimpy Chompy; 20th Jul 2017 at 12:53.

Date night must be really interesting around your way, CC.

Spot on, Chris.

Meh, can't watch Doctor Who anymore without getting a hard-on.

IT'S RUINED!

I feel like making this thread was a mistake.

Not a mistake, a blessing!...You've done your part for social justice!...Screw the congruity of a universe and the corruption of a legendary character, more anti-white male victories are what we need to make the world a better place!...

Moderator and Priest
    I think it's funny how the people who are on here taking a stand against shrill social justice warrior types getting their panties in a twist over nothing are the ones being the most shrill, and getting their panties in a wad. The irony's so thick, you could cut it with a knife.

The Doctor is a chick now? QUICK GUYS! MAKE A STAND AGAINST THE EMPTY HEADED TYRANNY OF THE SOCIAL JUSTICE BRIGADE BEFORE THEY STEAL OUR DICKS! COGNITIVE DISSONANCE! UNTRUTHS! CONFIRMATION BIAS!

Perhaps. It certainly does make me think of this post from the wonderfulness that is Swear Trek

https://sweartrek.tumblr.com/post/16...bout-star-trek

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    The Doctor is a chick now? QUICK GUYS! MAKE A STAND AGAINST THE EMPTY HEADED TYRANNY OF THE SOCIAL JUSTICE BRIGADE BEFORE THEY STEAL OUR DICKS! COGNITIVE DISSONANCE! UNTRUTHS! CONFIRMATION BIAS!
    I know, that's what I've been sayin'!...They try and pretend it's about the corruption of a legendary character and universe, no matter what form that corruption takes, but that's not what we want to hear!......It has to be because they're afraid of losing their toxic male power, regardless of what logical argument is presented!...

Maybe if you didn't see yourself in a final stand against political correctness you would have noticed that we discussed if a female lead conflicts with the fiction and lo and behold - it doesn't, because the doctor is a reincarnating alien.
    And besides a general aversion to change (always has been, always will be) there hasn't been made any point that speaks against it. But you keep on yelling "corruption of a legendary character" and wonder why no one's listening.
    It's not that we don't want to hear it, the reason people ignore you is because you don't have a point, Vae.

Chakat sex pillow
    What's a Vae?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    What's a Vae?

Gotta love Spoony. Shame he stopped doing videos.

The more I learn of Jodie Whittaker, the more I wonder what her Doctor is going to be like. I've seen clips of her work in Broadchurch and a clip of her in Antigone. I've seen a couple of interviews of her that remind me a bit of the way Matt Smith played the Doctor, something about her mannerisms and expressions. Her personality isn't really what I expected, but it actually relieves some of my concerns about her taking on the role.

https://youtu.be/s_iIUDq6JIE

https://youtu.be/6GDbPVXcq-4
    Last edited by Nuth; 21st Jul 2017 at 05:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    Maybe if you didn't see yourself in a final stand against political correctness you would have noticed that we discussed if a female lead conflicts with the fiction and lo and behold - it doesn't, because the doctor is a reincarnating alien. And besides a general aversion to change (always has been, always will be) there hasn't been made any point that speaks against it.
    Change is welcome within a virtual universe when it doesn't corrupt canon. The problem isn't change itself, it's corruptive change.

There have been several people, including myself, who have made clear, logical points, that have defined why a retconned gender-swap is poor choice for the Dr. Who IP, which has nothing to do with your small-minded "anti-woman" fabrication that you irrationally project onto other people. The fact that you're having difficulty understanding that these logical points exist on this thread only speaks to your clouded state of mind, and your struggle with objective reality.

To further elaborate on my previous point...

The corruption of canon unavoidably creates incongruity, which in turn weakens the cohesion of that universe. The variance of cohesion in a universe has a broadband effect upon the conscious and unconscious mind of one passively experiencing or interacting with it. The less cohesion, the weaker the connection is between the universe and the participant, and the less invested they become relative to their own predisposition to certain experiences.

This is how the corruption of canon devalues the IP. This unfortunate consequence usually happens due to short-term thinking, along with the inability to comprehend high-level concepts that dynamically alter the value of the IP, itself.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Gotta love Spoony. Shame he stopped doing videos.
    Sadly he seems to have devolved into a Twitter troll, yet he still makes $648 a month from his Patreon subscribers. Wish I could be an asshole on Twitter and be paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Change is welcome within a virtual universe when it doesn't corrupt canon. The problem isn't change itself, it's corruptive change.

There have been several people, including myself, who have made clear, logical points, that have defined why a retconned gender-swap is poor choice for the Dr. Who IP, which has nothing to do with your small-minded "anti-woman" fabrication that you irrationally project onto other people. The fact that you're having difficulty understanding that these logical points exist on this thread only speaks to your clouded state of mind, and your struggle with objective reality.

To further elaborate on my previous point...

The corruption of canon unavoidably creates incongruity, which in turn weakens the cohesion of that universe. The variance of cohesion in a universe has a broadband effect upon the conscious and unconscious mind of one passively experiencing or interacting with it. The less cohesion, the weaker the connection is between the universe and the participant, and the less invested they become relative to their own predisposition to certain experiences.

This is how the corruption of canon devalues the IP. This unfortunate consequence usually happens due to short-term thinking, along with the inability to comprehend high-level concepts that dynamically alter the value of the IP, itself.
    I'm not sure if you really believe you made a single logical point in that pseudo-intellectual hogwash, or if you think you can bullshit your way out of this.

Don't worry, Kolya...I won't waste my time trying to educate you any further on this matter. It has become quite clear where your limitations lie.

If it makes you feel any better, you can still call me a sexist...or whatever else rings your bell...

My limitations? Oh jeez, you really want the fisking, don't you? Right, let's go.

The corruption of canon unavoidably creates incongruity,
    This presumes there is a corruption which is exactly the point you're trying to prove.

which in turn weakens the cohesion of that universe
    How is the cohesion weakened? You're simply stating it as a fact, but that doesn't make it so.

The variance of cohesion in a universe has a broadband effect upon the conscious and unconscious mind of one passively experiencing or interacting with it. The less cohesion, the weaker the connection is between the universe and the participant, and the less invested they become relative to their own predisposition to certain experiences.
    Ah. So people don't like when a story contradicts itself. Woah. Mind blown. You still haven't shown, how that happens, but let's continue.

This is how the corruption of canon devalues the IP.
    Wait a minute. Did I miss something here? You never said how that happens! You just elaborated on your own presumptions.

This unfortunate consequence usually happens due to short-term thinking, along with the inability to comprehend high-level concepts that dynamically alter the value of the IP, itself.
    More a "high level" way of calling everyone stupid who doesn't agree with you.

So again, Mr Smartypants, where is your fucking point?

Was it ever stated anywhere that time lords couldn't change their sex during regeneration?
    I don't see how it's a "corruption of canon" if it's not contradicting or retconning something from the previous canon.

Since people were mentioning Space Marines: in canon, all Space Marines must be male due to Reasons (albeit not good reasons, but it has been stated in canon.)
    If the Imperium discovered and pursued a way to make female Space Marines, that would be fine within the canon (though odd, considering how new science is heresy and how resistant to change the Imperium is.)
    On the other hand, if they randomly decided that half of the original Space Marine chapters were women and always had been, then that would be a "corruption of canon" as you put it, because it's changing already-established facts rather than adding new ones.
    (... Not that Games Workshop don't love to retcon things in random ways. Just look at Ollanius Pius.)

Isn't the Doctor Who case the first scenario and not the second?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuth View Post
    The more I learn of Jodie Whittaker [...]

https://youtu.be/s_iIUDq6JIE
    Ohhhhh, it's her. I binged on Black Mirror a few months back, and she was good.

A couple of doctors have now joined in your discussion.

Two ex-Time Lords have had a war of words over Jodie Whittaker being cast as TV's first female Doctor.
    Peter Davison, who played the Doctor from 1981 to 1984, said he "liked the idea" of a male Doctor and that he felt "a bit sad" the character might no longer be "a role model for boys".
    His comments were promptly dubbed "rubbish" by his successor Colin Baker. "You don't have to be of a gender to be a role model," said the actor, who portrayed the Doctor from 1984 to 1986.

Moderator and Priest
    olol English people tawk funneh.

I think the problem is that many of the former Doctors are scared to speak their mind on the matter. When I spoke my mind on the matter I was told soon after that:

"You came out of a pussy and while you may never get close to another, that should be enough to show some respect."

So you can imagine the kind of response one of them would receive if they spoke out against it. A strange world we live in these days.