TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Whoessa: Time Lady

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Just saw this. It's, once again, another massive misrepresentation by Mr. Tony Tarantula.

Elliot Rogers was never shamed about being "male", or "masculine", or whatever other victimization tripe you want to toss up. He was heavily involved with Pick Up Groups, which does tend to be the very opposite of the very things you're claiming, mostly celebrating their masculinity by picking up barflies and club chicks. Unless you're talking about the extreme fringes of that scene, where things start getting a little, for lack of a better word, rapey (which Rogers wasn't involved in), they're a pretty harmless bunch.

But it wasn't the PUG scene that lead to his eventual violent outburst. If anything, some of the people there tried steering him in the right direction. It's that he was a creepy little goon with more than his fair share of mental and emotional issues, took the fact that no one wanted to touch him with a 10 foot pole as being a problem endemic with women rather than himself, blamed them for all his ills and failings, and took things to their illogical conclusion.

The fact you're using Rogers as a victim of feminism shows that, well, YOU'VE GOT A BIG AGENDA, TONY! CONFIRMATION BIAS! COGNITIVE DISSONANCE!

You seem to be laboring under the rather bizarre misconception that PIck Up Groups are somehow "masculine".

I regard the entire industry as a scam. It's a scam that exists precisely because it appeals to males who lack any kind of masculine characteristics about themselves, and (consistent with my characterization of them) has that appeal because it entices the idea that you can be successful by using parlor tricks that completely lack any aspect of self improvement

And again there was no attempt to use him as a "victim of feminism". I think we CAN all agree that he was fairly representitive of the type of person that goes off on a mass killing. They're typically effeminite mannered, sexually frustrated white males.

Point is that we have a society that produces an enormous number of "males" who have very few masculine characteristics about them and a complete lack of social skills. Those two result in an enormous amount of pent up frustration at society and when you have that much pent up frustration you start looking for someone to blame. For a lot of guys they just end up blaming "women" and hating women because that's the most immediate source of their frustration and the social abuse they receive.

Unsurprisingly, Tony does frequent the RooshV forum, which is a forum founded by a PUA, for PUAs. If you want to get a good look at what the opposite end of the spectrum looks like in gender politics, go read some of the posts on that forum. They'll curl your nose hairs.
    And if you look at my account, you'll know that I tend to butt heads with people who have more reductionist/PUA type views on the whole thing. I actually got banned from the website's section under another username because I pointed out that Pickup Artist type bullshit actually made things WORSE for people like Rogers, and that it has that effect because it doesn't teach them how to improve on the character defects that made them unsuccessful with women in the first place.

Rather remarkably, those guys are MUCH more able to engage in a respectful and sensible dialogue than are most of TTLG's progressive posters.

Still...rhetorical question here. In these "fandom" communities you're dealing primarily with nerds. Most of these nerds entire experiences with women who aren't their mothers consist of being rejected, being mocked by them, and being used for gain.

I dunno.....I can't POSSIBLY see how that would lead to people developing a misogynistic attitude.

Point is that the societal problems we have are much deeper than the "feminism", "misogony" and "male privilege" shit that stupid people love to get worked up about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    It wasn't done sooner because back then, gender-swapping male characters into female ones wasn't considered necessary to advance feminism.
    Really? How do you know this? Maybe it was because they feared blow-back from their perceived androcentric fan base. That's a speculation, of course, as is your assertion.

I still think there's a right way and a wrong way to do this
    Category error. You are comparing copy cat characters, with no innate ability or need to gender swap, with a trans-species character who has both the capability and arguably the need to swap genders.

A gender flipping Dr. Who is not cannon corrupting, it is entirely within the scope of the character.

Chakat sex pillow

[citation and/or sanity needed]

There used to be many contenders for the crown of as much condensed stupidity as is possible in a single post, but most of them have been wiped out in the seething, lunatic froth of the Tony_Tarantula tidal wave.

Also, 'misogony' sounds like a portion of Japanese repast that has a tendency to spontaneously vanish.

Moderator and Priest
    I want to know Tony's definition of masculine, what he considers "effeminate characteristics".

...and I'll probably regret asking it.

In these "fandom" communities you're dealing primarily with nerds. Most of these nerds entire experiences with women who aren't their mothers consist of being rejected, being mocked by them, and being used for gain.

I dunno.....I can't POSSIBLY see how that would lead to people developing a misogynistic attitude.
    It's simple. Some people are assholes. It's a universal truth among all peoples of the world, regardless of race, color, creed, gender, or nationality.

Some people have bad experience with these assholes. It's bound to happen at some point or another.

The problem is when people run into the assholes, and assume EVERYONE of that particular race, color, creed or gender must all be the same that's the problem. Just because a few socially awkward guys had a run of bad luck with a few self serving stuck up ladies at the club doesn't mean you can say "well geez, no wonder some men go misogynist." They're all dealing with shit people do, have done since 6000BC, and will continue to do in the foreseeable future. Why? Because some people are assholes, regardless of race, color, creed, gender, or nationality.

Everyone here has had someone do something shitty to them. I have. You have, I'm sure. The same could be said of anyone else who posts here. The only difference between I, they, and you is that they're not making it into a goddamn sociopolitical issue.

" definition of masculine, what he considers "effeminate characteristics"."
    ANY one who shoots plastic guns (glock S& W) or calibers below .45 or compound bows would be considered effeminate, 95% of CA "males" also fit, use a fidget spinner? yeap, "man bun"? you bet , have a beard but can't change a tire? yes. no worries, I am also a misogynist

no worries ladies, you can also hit back

Moderator and Priest
    What's wrong with fidget spinners?

REPLACE "F" with "M" .........

anyways

or course women have their own.

Moderator and Priest
    I think we CAN all agree that he was fairly representitive of the type of person that goes off on a mass killing. They're typically effeminite mannered, sexually frustrated white males.

Point is that we have a society that produces an enormous number of "males" who have very few masculine characteristics about them and a complete lack of social skills. Those two result in an enormous amount of pent up frustration at society and when you have that much pent up frustration you start looking for someone to blame. For a lot of guys they just end up blaming "women" and hating women because that's the most immediate source of their frustration and the social abuse they receive.
    Tony, I'm considering taking a stance that any extraordinary claim made in any political post has to be backed up with some pretty solid evidence to validate your assertions.

Your claim above that most mass murderers are effeminate half-men striking out due to sexual frustration? You're gonna have to back that up.

Elliot Rodgers (frustated effeminate), Orlnado shooter was a repressed homosexual
    Jared Loughner ,columbine shooters, Tennessee shooters all less than 1/2 men

Moderator and Priest
    About the only one you're likely right about is the Orlando shooter. Jared Loughner was just flat out crazy, and the Tennessee shooter was an indoctrinated extremist.

‘Yeah I did it’: Singer Lana Del Rey admits using witchcraft to place a hex on President Trump
    http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/yeah...pWU84.facebook
    a woman using witchcraft.................say it ain't so..........

Moderator and Priest
    See? That's why he's been having such a hard time recently.

nah, he doesn't need a spell or voodoo curse for that, he can fuck things up all on his own.............

Moderator and Priest
    No! It makes more sense that it's a voodoo curse! I mean think about it. The guy ran, like, a kabillion dollar business for, like, a thousand years, man. He should be good at everything he does, especially something simple like running the government. The only thing that can explain why he's running at 80% awesomeness capacity is cuz of some heathen Democrat homogay pagan Marxist single-payer gun hating hex hung over him!

80% awesomeness capacity , that means WOMEN can only do 20% damage? and they expect full pay when all they can do is 20% damage? pffffft back to the kitchen.

Moderator and Priest
    YOU ARE AN EDGELORD!

you spelled "asshole" wrong............... oh,,,,,wait

I wanted to post something here about how T_T moved the goal posts from continuity problems within the Doctor Who universe to insinuations of advancing a feminist agenda. But it seems that the thread has moved on to utter nonsense and I guess that's for the best.

Moderator and Priest
    Thus is the fate of all things on the internet.

but there is a feminist/gay agenda being peddled by hollywood. Dr Who, Wonder Woman, Capt America........... all part of the agenda.

Moderator and Priest
    Doctor Who isn't Hollywood, brah. That's made by the BBC, which means the only agenda they're pushing is bad food and unnecessary letters in words.

next thing you are going to say is that MTV is not music television anymore,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it's an agenda my friend, queer eye for the straight guy? reno 911? duck dynasty???? all gay driven...........
    EDIT, switching from Hollywood to liberal agenda because as an illegal mexican midget I am allowed to shift the goal post and get away with it, questioning me would be considered RACIST so do so at your own peril.......
    Last edited by jkcerda; 24th Jul 2017 at 18:51.

Moderator and Priest
    Saying Duck Dynasty is a part of the gay agenda would you get you shot around where I live.

...wait. You're one of them Bean Folk. You'd probably get shot anyway.

"Hola, Señor. He llegado a invadir su país e impregnar a su popular mujeres"
    Last edited by Renzatic; 24th Jul 2017 at 19:08.

it's ok, I shoot back

What the fuck happened to this thread while I was away from it, Jesus Christ in a can.