TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Whoessa: Time Lady

all depends on what customer I get.........

It's funny... when it's a male action hero / superhero doing unrealistic things, it's no big deal, but when it's a woman, then it's suddenly "muh realism" and "feminist agenda".

No, I'm referring to what's supposed to be a "normal" woman beating up men. No superpowers.

Black Widow is supposed to be a "normal" woman? Action heroes beat up stronger opponents all the fucking time.

When Jet Li beats up Dolph Lundgren it also looks stupid, since Li is outweighed by...a lot. Are you seriously arguing that women can beat the hell out of men?

Moderator and Priest
    If superheroes went around beating up people weaker than them, comic books wouldn't be nearly so morally inspiring.

They'd be more like Rick and Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    No, I'm referring to what's supposed to be a "normal" woman beating up men. No superpowers.
    they are called "wives"............
    yours truly

aftermath

Here's a woman beating up a man that outweights her by a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFeev5nRit4

But no, it's not the point I'm making. The point I'm making is that superhero and action movies take huge liberties with realism all the time. Heck, even normal movies do.

are you implying the matrix was not real? wft is wrong with you?

Moderator and Priest
    Whatever, JK. You fell off your goddamn motorbike again. Don't try to drama shit up for attention.

never tell her the food needs more spices when she is still holding the pan......

LOL...I see that when he finally hit her back a couple of times at 2:45, they immediately stop the fight.

Um... you know boxing has rounds, right? Here's a longer clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2YPpkmmDcY

Ah, I see. So she is the greatest female boxer of all time. Since she's literally one in a hundred million, I suppose she's the exception that proves the rule. Raab was looking pretty pathetic though.

Moderator and Priest
    olol chix amirite?

Again, that's not the point. In movies, the people you see on screen are anything but ordinary. And in any case, that's not the point of fantasy/fiction in the first place. There's spies going against impossible odds, martial artists displaying superhuman strength and speed, action heroes being able to withstand punishment that should kill them in real life, but when it's a woman, it's suddenly unrealistic?

I would say mostly because their moves/stunts appear to suck.................. it also depends on the movie/actress, Jolie did ok on Salt & mr & mrs Smith, another good one is Miah Khalifa .............Asa Akira...............

Hadn't followed Capaldi's run. Got pretty burnt out from Smith's run since Moffat turned the entire series about the entirety of creation literally revolving around the doctor, rather than the doctor just having crazy adventures in an independant multiverse. I don't suppose that suddenly just stopped in Capaldi's run, right? Cause the director was still the same.

The doctor suddenly becoming a woman now of all times just makes it feel like it's more of a political agenda than a show independently going into an interesting way. And the master too. 12+ male incarnations and *now* they change genders for both. Oh well, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. It all depends on how they realize it. Since Moffat is finally gtfoing (overdue, but better late than never), I might pick the series up again, at least give it a chance.

Moderator and Priest

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, there's really not anything anyone can say after that.

More importantly, have you watched Archer yet?

I am not that bad as an archer

As a member of the other PETA, I say this is no way to treat an animal.

PETA
    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

It's People for the Eating of Tasty Animals, actually. We're not as well known, because we don't kill pets in shelters or protest without our knickers on.