TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Whoessa: Time Lady

Next time don't leave the thread. It's ALL YOUR FAULT

Moderator and Priest
    JK happened. He improved the thread.

Also, hate to tell you this, man, but you're not always gonna have a spare door handy.

Certainly has nothing at all to do with the things I was talking about. Or Doctor Who at all really.

All the examples I've seen over the past two pages were about singular characters who never changed faces/appearances, and thus always looked the same. And also were MAJORLY masculine characters (aka Dragonballz or Conan, Hercules etc would fit those ones). The Doctor is certainly none of those. He's very much a brains over brawn character. My earlier points were more in regards to continuity of established lore of the timelord race as a whole (not just confined to the Doctor himself) based on decades of the show vs recent retconning.

Very different subjects. Completely different really.

Though at the same time it's hard to compare elsewhere as there is almost next to no examples (other than James Bond) where the actor changes as part of a planned reincarnation/regeneration, but the overall persona and sex remains the same. Albeit with differences in personality quirks + approaches to situations as they come up.

Stargate SG-1 and Star Trek DS9 have sort of similar-ish type aliens. Though those are more an alien symbiot (sp?) that moves from person to person, with sex and race not mattering much.
    Last edited by icemann; 25th Jul 2017 at 09:50.

Oh, Hollywood and others (BBC, HBO, whatever) have no problem with making female characters who can wipe the floor with masculine men either.

Characters like Buffy (magical powers), Trinity from the Matrix (breaks physical laws within a VR environment) Alice from Resident Evil (genetically enhanced killing machine) or Gamora (alien with cybernetic enhancements) are reasonable. Black Widow from Avengers, the Sand Snakes from GoT or Lagertha from Vikings are utterly ridiculous.

Ripley

And Sarah Connor

Common.

Though Buffy + Faith were very much badasses.

Ripley was a good one. Women can shoot people of course =). I just have to roll my eyes when I see TV women swinging swords and hacking down men in armor - or wrestling/kickboxing men though.

I dunno, Brienne of Tarth (and by extension Gwendoline Christie) isn't someone I'd want to tangle with.

The fight between her and Sandor was one of the more brutal fights in GoT (and that's saying something) and at no point was I thinking 'Oh come on, this should have been over in seconds'.

My point is that in real life it would have been. Unless Brienne is secretly drawing power from the Red Fire God or some such fantasy explanation.

all those female "heroes" are also very bangable , is there any "hero" in a female lead that you would NOT bang?

Brienne lol

I'd hit it, lower your standards = double your intake

Intake? You're doing it wrong.

all depends on what customer I get.........

It's funny... when it's a male action hero / superhero doing unrealistic things, it's no big deal, but when it's a woman, then it's suddenly "muh realism" and "feminist agenda".

No, I'm referring to what's supposed to be a "normal" woman beating up men. No superpowers.

Black Widow is supposed to be a "normal" woman? Action heroes beat up stronger opponents all the fucking time.

When Jet Li beats up Dolph Lundgren it also looks stupid, since Li is outweighed by...a lot. Are you seriously arguing that women can beat the hell out of men?

Moderator and Priest
    If superheroes went around beating up people weaker than them, comic books wouldn't be nearly so morally inspiring.

They'd be more like Rick and Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    No, I'm referring to what's supposed to be a "normal" woman beating up men. No superpowers.
    they are called "wives"............
    yours truly

aftermath

Here's a woman beating up a man that outweights her by a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFeev5nRit4

But no, it's not the point I'm making. The point I'm making is that superhero and action movies take huge liberties with realism all the time. Heck, even normal movies do.

are you implying the matrix was not real? wft is wrong with you?

Moderator and Priest
    Whatever, JK. You fell off your goddamn motorbike again. Don't try to drama shit up for attention.

never tell her the food needs more spices when she is still holding the pan......

LOL...I see that when he finally hit her back a couple of times at 2:45, they immediately stop the fight.

Um... you know boxing has rounds, right? Here's a longer clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2YPpkmmDcY