TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Digging out the scripts for T2 ambient music

Administrator

Digging out the scripts for T2 ambient music

Years ago (2002 according to the files) I made a couple of mixes out of the background music loops in the Warehouse and Shoalsgate missions. I seem to have the sound files in a folder, but I can't remember how I located the scripts for saying which order the music clips played and when.

I have this vague memory it was called a "song" or something like that, possibly buried in the object hierarchy, or a text file somewhere? I couldn't find a tutorial that pointed this out. After half an hour of DromEd nostalgia I'm no closer to finding out, even though I've done it before...

Please help!

We're you referring to the schema files? There are some mission specific schema files that contain references to the wav files for a particular OM. They're located in the schema folder in your Thief2 folder.

Administrator
    Thanks ZB, just what I was after...

Administrator
    Actually, no it wasn't exactly. Thief 2 has only two song files, and mission 2 (warehouse) doesn't use one. I think it's just the ambient schema "AMB_M02". I actually want to know how the schema is linked to the sound file...

[edit]Found the SCH files eventually...