TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief is the only game that gets me excited whenever I think about it

Thief is the only game that gets me excited whenever I think about it

It is a special feeling that no other game is able to give me. Thief The Dark Project is my second favorite game of all time after Deus Ex, but the Thief fan missions is something else, some of them are of so high quality, and I even got to beta test one of them this year.
    I have been playing a lot of online games like GTAV Online, Rocket League, Dirt Rally, but they are more like time fillers. Thief fan missions are among the very few single player games I keep coming back to ever since T2X was released. I have played Deus Ex probably more than 10 times now, but it can't give me sugar anymore unless I wait out a few years, whereas in Thief there is always new content waiting for me, if not new new then unplayed.

FM's are the gift that keeps on giving-just when you think all ideas have been done-someone comes up with something new you've never seen before!

You should try The Dark Mod, but I suppose you already have.
    Fun how Dark Project and Deux Ex left a so strong mark on so many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by wildmage View Post
    You should try The Dark Mod, but I suppose you already have.
    I have tried it at least twice, my problems with it are that the movement physics feel off and everything looks bloated. It is a classic case of don't fix what's not broken. For me the Thief visuals are perfect, even more so with NewDark, so I would be lying if I said that I appreciate what the Dark Mod authors did or are still doing.