TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new Thief 1/Gold FM: Project Hammer - Secret Connections

A Classic Thief mission !!! Thanks!

Just wondering about something. What does the button in the chapel open? I heard a sound, but didn't see anything opening nearby

wow i found all 3 secrets one is get necklace,another is kill wizard and final one is find access to lab in attic and read book on table=the button to open this wasent hard to find once you know where the door entrance is a bit tricky

but i still cant find the key in objective,please give me a area to search

Outright spoiler for downwinder. Once you unlock the lock in the rafters of the chapel, you will hear something open. Just turn to your right and walk down the beam that is slanted downward, then look left. In the pillar a compartment has opened and the objective is inside. So, backtrack to the chapel and go back to the lock on the far right and you will find the objective. Now tit for tat... where is the secret necklace? It is the only thing I am now missing, minus a little loot.

Lastly, the spooky red smoking skeleton never ever attacked me. I dispatched him with some boom I was never able to dislodge his skull. I still got the objective though.

Since the mission author removed the hint that sent me here, I'll make my comment more opaque.

I'll just say that I was exploring outside the main areas and in that "outer area" there's a challenge and a reward..

I defeated the challenge and got the reward, but because of the now-deleted hint, I'm still not worthy to call myself...

- prjames, the Master Thief
    Last edited by prjames; 6th Aug 2017 at 22:07.

ok my mission is glitched after opening lock on rafter in church the door off slant is not open ,i though it was 2 doors,i hear what sounds like it opening,but i see the metal door closed?

the necklace is easyfind all 5 bones,one of them you need a rope arrow to get

you must have issue with necklace,here is how it worked for me once i places the last bone i sat there a min and the head droped from wall and a scroll and necklace appeared,once i got that the skelton guy appears coming down stairs

not sure why the small key door did not open for me

Regarding the mysteries in the chapel:
    as written in a book there is a hidden double-locked (!) compartment.
    So, you need to use both a key and a button to unlock it.
    The button is located in the chapel and the compartment is near the lock.

Anyone prepared to offer a hint on how to open the jammed cell doors (see my post #24)?

Need help finding the last bone.

There is a cell with a wooden bench and a frobbable area of floor next to said bench with the sound that we've learned to associate with these magic bones.

The mining pick, which worked so well to get me into the prison, doesn't do anything against this area!

How do I remove the "rubble" and get the bone, if I can't use the pick?

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Need help finding the last bone.

There is a cell with a wooden bench and a frobbable area of floor next to said bench with the sound that we've learned to associate with these magic bones.

The mining pick, which worked so well to get me into the prison, doesn't do anything against this area!

How do I remove the "rubble" and get the bone, if I can't use the pick?

- prjames
    You use the shovel/spade, which was next to the pick where you found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Playing on Expert. Nice mission!

I haven't figured out how to open the two jammed cell doors. I can't see much in them. Am I missing any loot because of this?
    You don't miss any loot because of this, don't worry.
    But in some circumstances you can open the doors if you like. You hear the extra sound when you frobbed the door. It should indicate that the door is stuck in the doorframe. The normal prison key that should do the trick won't work here anymore. So you need to think about a different strategy.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    and i never killed the skeleton guy i was able to avoid him,but as i was making my way out of the area,he reapeard by the start of prison and blew open that first locked gate,scared me good
    I hope there will be more player who run away instead of kill him after reload.
    I had so much fun in adding this little detail and hoped for such reactions. ^^
    Last edited by DarkThief Darek; 6th Aug 2017 at 09:14. Reason: Added comment to downwinder

Is this a new mission or a recreation of an already existent one?

Awesome mission! Thanks for this.

It starts off pretty standard. A bit hard but nicely built and decorated.
    I could have finished the mission quite early and missed out on the awesome bits with the secret objectives and the pretty large prison area, but since I play with a completionist approach, I found them, and the best enjoyment there.

(Goes back to try to scrounge up the last 2 units of loot. What could possibly be worth so little...)

Excellent! Having just replayed Blackbrook for the FM Mega thread I'm in an original Thief and Hammerite mood. I can't remember if I played the original version of this but I loved The Hand of Glory.

I really enjoyed this, bit tricky with the patrols. Good fun mission. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Is this a new mission or a recreation of an already existent one?
    Maybe you could say recreation. I don't know what it is exactly. The FM it is based from ("Project Hammer") is like a primitive Tech Demo, and this is an actual proper Fan Mission.
    I fully explained everything in my initial post. I simply copied the text from the readme. That should actually clarify the situation pretty well.

But why do you ask?

And thanks for the nice comments guys. I'm glad you have fun with this FM.

@jiansonz:
    2 units of loot? I think I know exactly what type of loot you are missing and where. I could give you a hint if you can't find it.
    Finding this at the end of the mission is rather tedious I would think.

Thanks DarkThief Darek , i didn't read carefully the information on the first post, i did played the old version, and i recognized somehow the screenshots, i will play this new version later...

Are you the same author that did Die Hand des Ruhmes and Projekt Hammer? I'm just trying to keep my database straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Are you the same author that did Die Hand des Ruhmes and Projekt Hammer? I'm just trying to keep my database straight.
    Yes, I'm the same author.
    My plan is to also remake "Die Hand des Ruhmes (The Hand of Glory)". But this time there will be much more changes. The FM will not be called "Hand of Glory" and this object won't even be in it.
    It will also connect with the story from this FM here to form a small campaign.
    So in the end this FM will be totally different expect from a little map layout.

@Carida: Yeah, two screenshots showed the old area with the improved terrain and light on purpose. "Project Hammer" has still many map features presented in the old FM, but there is so much more going on this time and it has (beside the old-school textures and models) improved much more on the aesthetic level, making it together with the improved story to a much more believable place to sneak into.
    I hope you enjoy this FM. Have fun! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by DarkThief Darek View Post
    @jiansonz:
    2 units of loot? I think I know exactly what type of loot you are missing and where. I could give you a hint if you can't find it.
    Finding this at the end of the mission is rather tedious I would think.
    I made a quick re-visit to all the areas I had found and then gave up and cheated (with the lootlist and TTLL tools).
    What I had missed was not easy to see (at least not with the lighting setting I was playing with) and almost hard to get close enough to frob.

Was also surprised to find that the outer 'not really supposed to be reached' city area was pretty large, had two guards and an item to pick up. Didn't manage to get back into the regular playing area without leaving said item behind, though...

A few more things...

How do I get into the basement area behind the bricks in the armoury? There's a frobbable floor compartment, but I can't find anything to move it.

I understand the button and lockbox in the chapel open some kind of secret Hammerite door from reading the correspondence, but where is this located exactly?

Also, how do I open the machine room on the outside?

Thank you so much for this release. I am still quite fond of the offbeat, quirky look of old Thief 1 and Gold.

@Azaran:
    Here are some tips for you:
    The "important note" shoud say, that the safe with the key is right beside the lockbox. So if you find the lockbox, you find the safe in the dark corner beside it.
    I think you missed a secret room, when you couldn't find the machinery key. The lord described the whereabouts in his diary. You need to find the bedroom of the sergeant and search in that room more carefully.
    When you find the secret room with the machinery key, you should also get an idea, what you need to do with the basement area behind the brick walls. You have to think a little outside the box. How can you crack open a stone floor, what tools do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    Thank you so much for this release. I am still quite fond of the offbeat, quirky look of old Thief 1 and Gold.
    Yeah, I really like the old-school look too. That's why I had so much fun in making this new version of my old FM. ^^
    And beside the textures and models I think Thief 2 use another light engine and it doesn't look so interesting and mystery like in T1/Gold anymore. That's at least my impression. And many HD textures are very clean and smooth, which also takes away from the gritty feel you should have in an old big steampunk/medieval town.

@jiansonz
    I made the city area large and "populated" on purpose, so you feel like the manor belongs in an actual city. And with NewDark the polygon count isn't limited to 1000, so I could build much more as with the original Thief engine.
    And like I said, there are many things to discover in this FM. And even if you think you saw everything, there is always more. But I won't spoil anything this time.

Thanks! Got the Hammer key, and was able to get into the secret basement. Now I'm just wondering, is there a key to open the iron cell doors, and the area with the spiders?

ok start playing, i opened a lock box above this rafters in the small chapel i heard something moving, but i can't find where, where is this thing i have opened?

...Nevermid, found it!
    Last edited by Cardia; 8th Aug 2017 at 17:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Thanks! Got the Hammer key, and was able to get into the secret basement. Now I'm just wondering, is there a key to open the iron cell doors, and the area with the spiders?
    In general, explore, explore, explore. There are spiral staircases and a ladder that will eventually lead you to the corpse of the prison keeper who has a key that opens some doors; but there are also certain doors that won't open, period (and the cells behind them have nothing of interest, or the room behind the door can be reached another way).

- prjames