TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief relaxation

Thief relaxation

Is it weird that instead of the original Thief games being tense and exciting these days I see them as relaxing and fun? I have this habit, you see. After a particularly boring, frustrating, mind-numbing day at the office, I play TMA's mission Framed, at Shoalsgate. I'm at the vent above the open office. I have a save there. So I shoot the windows, at the glass. One by one. Using arrows. I wait for the guards to search for a while and then go back to routine patrols. Then I blow up a few more windows. Once I've broken everything I restart the save and do it all over again. This is my Thief relaxation method. Honestly, guys, please tell I'm not the only whacko doing stuff like this...

Well I find the tones you hear in Running Interference incredibly relaxing so I made a 1 minute loop of all of them, so really I can see where you're coming from. Besides, breaking glass is always fun

Quote Originally Posted by Buccura View Post
    Well I find the tones you hear in Running Interference incredibly relaxing so I made a 1 minute loop of all of them, so really I can see where you're coming from. Besides, breaking glass is always fun
    Ah. Thank you. Good to know I've got company in my madness Plus, those are some awesome tunes. Thief's always excelled at that. Bonehoard, anyone?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I sometimes play my FM Hammerite Deathmatch to blow off steam, using the easter egg weapon of course.

My Thief relaxation method is to listen to Bafford's Manor ambient music (preferably while playing the level itself). Something about that track gives me the chills, but I'm not sure what part of it does. Maybe it's the wails and moans echoing in the background or the music itself. Call me weird if you want, but it works for me.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I love that track too, although I love Assassins even more.

the way i relax in thief is stand by a door where i hear people talking inside like a bar and light up a cigg and chill for a bit

I quite like Shipping and Receiving's ambient track. I find myself listening to it when I need to relax.

Sometimes, when I'm bored, I'll load up the FM Mysterious Invitation on normal difficulty, knock out all the archers, then run willy-nilly around the mansion and see how many swordsmen I can get to chase me at once. Now and then, I'll climb up to the rafters or hop in the bathtub, just so I can listen to them yell in frustration at their own incompetence, before I let the chase resume.

Question: How many of Lord Duncan's guards does it take to catch a thief?
    Answer: Apparently more than Lord Duncan can afford to hire...

My Thief relaxation method is to listen to the soundtrack of Precious Cargo, especially the sound in those hollow tunnels, water dropping transitioning slowly to the calm rainfall..

PS. Also the music for The Overlook Manse..!

I also like to just listen to Thief soundtracks compiled by Child of Karras. Though I wish they didn't have spider hisses That's not relaxing.

The shockhammer ambients in Assassins relaxes me after a long day at work. Actually I like listening to any mission that has rainfall, and on several occasions I have fallen asleep while the rain was playing. One thing I have always liked about Thief is that the game is break from reality without being excessively aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    The shockhammer ambients in Assassins relaxes me after a long day at work. Actually I like listening to any mission that has rainfall, and on several occasions I have fallen asleep while the rain was playing. One thing I have always liked about Thief is that the game is break from reality without being excessively aggressive.
    I've got you covered:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4wD...kK0uaCByOL2nW4

Quote Originally Posted by spockRC View Post
    Thank you so much for making this playlist. <3

Thanks so much for this! Will be great to throw this up on my second monitor while I do mapping work on the main

Excellent playlist. Though I wish there were also 10 minutes of tunes from the opera house basement
    Edit: Whoops, there is 10 minutes of tunes from the basement. Didn't notice at first. My bad!
    Last edited by marbleman; 15th Aug 2017 at 06:57.

I second loving every sound mentioned. I'll add the religious ambiance, both Hammerite and Mechanist. The FM Burglary in Blackbrook and the OM Eavesdropping are favorites of mine for this (and for many more reasons, especially in the latter's case). I wish Hammerites and / or Mechanists were real so I could visit one of their churches. I'd attend every Mass.

Thanks guys. Great to know I'm not wasting my time recording videos all night.

To just chill, I like to knock out all the guards and hunt down every last secret in the games. Also find snow themed missions very chill. My first play-through of The Dark Project was Xmas '05. Also had a good play-through of The Metal Age in Xmas '07 in-between semesters.

Winter FM + Winter Season + Time Alone = Pure Bliss

I guess I should have been more clear, but I wasn't serious about the first part of my post. I like alot off the Thief ambients but the shockhammer isn't something I'd like to hear continuously.