TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Rebellion of the Builder 2: Mission 2 "A Travel Through Smelter Volcano"

omg wow i completed it all,gort amazing job i loved it,thank you so much for that hard work
    Last edited by downwinder; 14th Aug 2017 at 05:17.

@ downwinder

Did you find the flute? It's important....

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    The skull opens a part of the wall at the entrance to the labyrinth. There is secret - loot.
    I looked at every wall in the labyrinth after hitting switch. Reloaded, hit it once again, looked again... Never saw a opening, got tired of it, cut "banner" and left. Shrugs, but thanks!

@gamophyte:
    After frobbing, turn around and go left into corridor where fire guy walks/walked, then almost immediately go left again (this is where you came thru originally), then after 2 steps go hard left (not where you came thru originally) and it's on the left side before the corner. It's within ~10 steps from the skull/switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    @gamophyte:
    After frobbing, turn around and go left into corridor where fire guy walks/walked, then almost immediately go left again (this is where you came thru originally), then after 2 steps go hard left (not where you came thru originally) and it's on the left side before the corner. It's within ~10 steps from the skull/switch.
    Okay I kept a hard save at that point in case this came up, to feel complete lol, thanks

yes i found all gort100% secrets and secret missions,volcano secret mission was the best in my view,the mine craft one once i got gem i think that was all,solstics was a game i use to play as a kid

over all a great addtion thief fan missions,but question,where is the car?

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    secret mission
    I never did find one, and I thought I was very clever to find the high up switch, and, the skull switch. How do you get into a secret mission during mission 2?

gamo i will help read under spoiler to access secret mission for volcano=thebest secret mission out of them all in my view ,first you have to the laberyth part right before the tube that shoots you out,find the room with statues around it,behind the pedistal is a old flute,grab that,then go back to the front door of the building you entered as you exit you want to pass the fire guy and get to the left side statue and click flute=if in right spot the statue above that shakes then disapears,go back in house to the tiny libary where the skeleton haunt was turn around and look down the hall you should see a warp,start of next mission is it,be sure to watch intro

once you in if you need more help let me know,i can now speed run it :P

OMG thank you Downwinder, wtf, this place is so crazy!! AAAAAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by -Terra- View Post
    @downwinder
    remember the small statue on the lava? use 2 waterarrows and carry this thing to the pedistal
    My problem is that I can't drop the statue. I left it behind and went as far as I could but I see there is no backtracking in this mission.

Edit:I found a way back.
    Last edited by john9818a; 16th Aug 2017 at 01:28.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    My problem is that I can't drop the statue. I left it behind and went as far as I could but I see there is no backtracking in this mission.
    If you get to where you can't backtrack to where you dropped it, you can go ahead to where you can re-enter that entire section, then pick it up on the second go round.

edit: glad you figured it out...

I'm stuck in the secret mission, I have no idea where an exit is, I feel like I've been everywhere, been in the citus, I can't open locker 5 but the manifest says it's equipmentment. I've killed all AI, been to elusive broken wooden ship. No idea how to leave?? Thank ahead of time.

@GORT Concerning the empty crystals, in the bathroom near the front door of the city, if I drop set #2 they turn into water crystals, but set #1 simply disappears. I suppose they are used elsewhere but shouldn't they just fall into the sink?

@ john9818a

These crystals can only be used with certain elements. Using the wrong element with destroy them just like in the 4th mission in TROTB 1 "The Doomsday Project"
    Here are the correct way to use them:

Crystal #1 = Fire -> Fire Arrows

Crystal #2 = Water -> Water Arrows

Crystal #3 = Earth -> Moss Arrows

@GORT Ok Thanks for clearing that up. For me it was just trial and error because there is no way to differentiate one crystal from another besides the designation number. I tried to use #1 near the lava at the bottom of the stairs (no luck) but I'm guessing I could have used them in one of the braziers. I never did use any of them anyway and I just ghosted around the flaming haunt.

Nevermind I found the way out of the special mission. I just had to look up the original level to find that key.

I've put the statue on the pedestal. It went down. What has it done??

I've read about a button high up in the big lavaroom but I can't find it. I climbed all of the ropes to the other side, still can't see it. Please help.

BTW. I'm playing on normal for now.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I've put the statue on the pedestal. It went down. What has it done??

I've read about a button high up in the big lavaroom but I can't find it. I climbed all of the ropes to the other side, still can't see it. Please help.

BTW. I'm playing on normal for now.

at the very beginning in this mission, if you turn right and go along, a fireball is flying around therethe way ends in a wall, a gate, with a dead hammerite beneath. when it raises up again you will see that big lava area with the button high up
    Last edited by Cheela; 19th Aug 2017 at 16:23.

Thank you Sheila, but I thought it was on the biggest lava area. That's what've read.
    Thank you so much.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Cheela's right, Gloria, placing the statue opens that gate found if you turn right at beginning, into another big lava area with a high-up button.

And who the heck is Sheila?

Taffers, this is tough. At what shooting range were you standing when shooting at that button up in the lavahall?

@Gloria:
    When you get past the flame-jets look for a place with two marks on the ground right near the edge and facing towards that statue. Stand there and look high up for another mark on the cavern wall, then use that to aim in your bow-sight, but it still takes some experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    @Gloria:
    When you get past the flame-jets look for a place with two marks on the ground right near the edge and facing towards that statue. Stand there and look high up for another mark on the cavern wall, then use that to aim in your bow-sight, but it still takes some experimenting.
    I found the spot, but I'm aiming for more than half an hour now and again and again, but noting happens. It's the button on the statue I have to shoot at isn't it? I guess it opens the foors later on up above. Do I hear a sound when it's done right?

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    I believe there is two sets that come from starting cave, and two sets connecting lighthouse with freezer house / cold storage (can't remember name). Have you gotten the key to ice house yet?
    I think I'll have to go back to an early save. I don't have that key.
    I've been to the workshop and another house with an evil dewdrop and fast haunt. I can't climb back up the well. So I seem to be stuck.
    Where is the ice house and it's key?

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    I think I'll have to go back to an early save. I don't have that key.
    I've been to the workshop and another house with an evil dewdrop and fast haunt. I can't climb back up the well. So I seem to be stuck.
    Where is the ice house and it's key?
    If you are in the upside down house with the evil dewdrop the key is in the most bottom part, look around well. Then all you have to do is get to where it opens, where you see across the way, a metal platform with pagans dancing. Note that there is another floating stones path behind the house; leave out the side on floor -1. You will need to mantle quick, I hope you have new mantle on.