TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Rebellion of the Builder 2: Mission 2 "A Travel Through Smelter Volcano"

Thanks, gamophyte.
    I have already been that way, so I can't get there any more. Think I'll skip this one...

I give up on shooting that last button to open the doors to the lost city.
    Again I spent more than half an hour. standing at the right spot and aiming at the right spot.
    I play Thief since 1998 and my aiming is normally very good. Strike at first time usually, but this is no more fun for me.
    I think it's been made too hard.
    I don't know how you all did it.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I agree Gloria, I gave up on this and the spider level. Both too hard.

there is a easy way to hit that button,one of the ledges a bit past button comes out a bit ,get on edge of it and lean away from button and shoot upward at it-the edge that goes out the furthest when the button is above you a bit past that,might be 3 edges that come out

i got a question though i hit those 2 little rocks with a fire arrow and could have sworn i heard a secret sound,but it not the secret in game nor the secret level,was i just hearing things?

@downwinder:
    There are a few places you can hit it, just don't tell GORT or he'll remove them.
    Never tried shooting those two stones with a fire arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    there is a easy way to hit that button,one of the ledges a bit past button comes out a bit ,get on edge of it and lean away from button and shoot upward at it-the edge that goes out the furthest when the button is above you a bit past that,might be 3 edges that come out
    I don't get it, but I will follow the picture. Will let you know if it worked.
    Thanks. This is só frustrating.

Could you be very precise now. I want to make this work, but I don't understand about 3 edges. You told me before to go to that point with the 2 marks on the floor. I tried from there.
    Please, I'm ashamed to ask, but be very very to the point here. Just call me dumb, but I don't get it.
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 23rd Aug 2017 at 20:12. Reason: I didn't make it
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

@Gloria - that screenshot is from the '2 marks' spot, aimed like that it hit the button. When I first played it I went through all my arrows (~30) and was really frustrated, but after finding where the '1 mark' on the wall should be in the bow-site, I get it within 2 or 3 tries and often on the first. Downwinder's place is back along the way you came where the path is wider so you can get over near the edge and have a closer shot at it. Either way does the trick and you can advance.

Thank you Dahenjo, I'll try tomorrow.

I'm in the small room with colourful tiled floor, the stone pedestal with the red book and scroll, statues close to the walls. I can't find a flute.

Try doing what they indicate then go back and look.

I'm trying to find the secret missions and from reading above I understand that I need a flute from behind the piedestal with the book and the scroll. But there is no flute to be found there, what makes it trigger? I have hit the notorious statue switch in the lava room. Playing on Deathwish.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently I can't read
    Last edited by deef the thief; 28th Aug 2017 at 04:32. Reason: reading comprehension disorder

I to cannot find this flute. have already slashed wall and found exit need help finding flute. also are there any health potions as I am low on health

@uhai:
    Flute should appear on floor behind pedestal holding book & scroll.

What could possibly hurt you in this mission?

I have found pedestal and read book and scroll but no flute it is not there

I think you have to read the book & scroll, then go cut the exit opening, then come back and flute should be there. If you slashed it before reading them, try again doing it in that order.

thanks that did it

I'm not teleported to the Secret Mission.

I've got something odd here. On my first playthrough I've managed to finish the first city mission I think it's the 4th mission of the regular missions not counting the secret ones. Short thereafter I had to reinstall my OS (Windows 10), but didn't keep my savegames anywhere.

Now I'm replaying the whole campaign again. In the mission "A Travel Through Smelter Volcano" I found the flute, repeated the whole process for the portal to secret Mission to appear. Went down into the corridor with the portal but stepping through it, doesn't teleport me to the secret mission but to the next regular one with the underground tunnels and a lot of spiders Forgot the name of that mission. But anyways, has somebody encountered the same thing? I think I somehow broke the script of that mission.

Question to GORT: Did some of your Beta-Testers encountered the similar problem? Any idea how to fix it? If that#s not possible I'm not replaying the "Smelter Volcano again, but carry on with the next mission.

GORT can chime in, but I don't recall that being an issue during testing - that is, everything working correctly to produce the portal but then it not teleporting. It sounds like a script could be missing, maybe related to your Win10 reinstall (I just reinstalled mine too yesterday ). Did you also reinstall T2 or are you using an existing install? Maybe rerunning Tafferpatcher would fix it because it installs the latest scripts.

@ Drakhat

Up to my knowledge, none of the testers have encountered this problem. I have a few questions...

1. When getting the flute, did you get rid of the AIs in that area before hand?

2. Were you next to the correct statue?

3. While using the flute next to the required statue, did you waited for it to explode?

I'm having a problem getting to the secret mission:
    I've tried activating the flute all around the statue indicated in the walkthru, but absolutely nothing happens. Where precisely am i supposed to to activate it?

OK. I've found out what was going on. It's missing a file. Here ya go.

darkhooks.dlx
    Last edited by GORT; 22nd Oct 2017 at 08:36.

Hallo Gort!

Didn't mean to keep you wainting for so long, but I was busy the last week. To answer your questions in this thread, all 3 answers are the same and they read yes. On my first playthrough I did the same thing like I did on my second one. On the first playthrough everything worked fine, but on the second I wasn't teleported to the secret mission. For the reference I'm using these PDFs compiled by Ricebug I think, as a kind of a "walkthrough".

I don't know which version of Tafferpatcher I've installed, but I'm quite sure it is the most recent one I was able to find it on the TTLG forum pages. I think I've downloaded this one:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131106

From the second link, not that one from the Google Drive.

And this darkhooks.dlx file is already there in my Thief 2 installation folder. Should I overwrite that file wit the one from the link you've provided?

I think it's best not to overwrite your darkhooks.dlx file. Just put the version I have into the FM zip file and/or FMs folder if you have it currently installed.

If you're still not teleporting to the right mission, check to see if the files ThiefLib.osl and KDScript.osm are there. These are responsible for accessing the hidden missions.

EDIT: Version 1.20 is missing some of the files (both darkhooks.dlx and ThiefLib.osl).

v1.22 has these files.