TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Rebellion of the Builder 2: Mission 6 "The King's Request"

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    I believe I just did the same thing and you can see the messenger on his way up to see the king...
    Oh I believe you - no problem - but that doesn't change what I experienced...

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    Oh I believe you - no problem - but that doesn't change what I experienced...
    No, but the testers and other players so far didn't report that problem, and it doesn't seem reproducible, but we'll see if others experience it. There might be something else setting up that problem, like if the messenger gets distracted or sees you through one of the small windows as you ascend the tower, but simply entering the castle on the 2nd floor isn't the problem.

EDIT: I think it was distracting the messenger - nobody can see you from that first window going up in either tower, but if you make a distinct noise (I had to jump right next to it, but running at full speed back and forth by it had no alerting effect) he and the two guards outside the front doors go into alert, then he didn't do his thing when you enter on the 2nd floor, but Garrett didn't say anything either.

Actually I did it twice, jumped so they're fully alerted, and the second time he still came in correctly by the time I got up there, but after the first time I discovered he had come inside and was standing by that tower window. I'm not saying Calibrator that you jumped there in your case, most players are more careful, but it likely took something comparable that alerted them outside, maybe you can recall?
    Last edited by Dahenjo; 24th Aug 2017 at 17:33.

I think I know what might be going on here. Something must've spooked Fredrick. I'll look into it. I should be able to fix this right away.

OK. Here's a quick update of the mission. Just put it in your current version. The downfall is that you'll have to restart the mission. Any game saves you have won't be fixed.
    Miss26.mis

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    I'm not saying Calibrator that you jumped there in your case, most players are more careful, but it likely took something comparable that alerted them outside, maybe you can recall?
    To be honest: I ran a lot in this campaign. In fact I'd say I ran most of the time! So I definitely wouldn't rule out that I triggered the messenger.
    On the contrary it's quite possible - and that would indeed be a good explanation why others couldn't reproduce this behaviour.

Am i missing something obvious?
    I got the gem from the sewers and thought i had to get into the Hammerite Church.
    But the front doors are unfrobbable and i can't find any other way in?
    I explored quite a bit before going into the sewers so i had already been at the church before i had the gem and got a comment from Garrett.
    Did this break the scripting?

So was this problem also caused by the two missing files in v1.20?
    Nothing has changed after updating to v1.22 so do i have to start over to get the Hammerite Church doors to work?

You may have to start over. The event that need those files are already triggered after you saved (ex: getting the gem).