TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Rebellion of the Builder 2: Mission 9 "The Forgotten Kingdom"

Thank you for all your help I had gone by that thing 3-4 times and did not remember it!

They're worth sticking with but are very challenging, even on normal difficulty for longtime players, which GORT states in the readme. Most times it's been well thought out to be possible but to really put you through the wringer.

On replays, even though still hard, you can get into fine-tuning your approaches with much less frustration, plus there are lots of innovative touches that you notice more. Playing as Saria is great fun too, except that Garrett feels like a snail when you play as him again.

Hi,

I'm in the castle...

I've solved the Music and Book puzzles, but where is the statue puzzle I've read about?
    What is the explosive charge for?

Another couple of questions:

In another area, upstairs near the generator is a locked sea-chest. Is there a key?
    I've set thebooks as per this thread for the secret mission. Where is the entrance?

Thanks. These missions are hard!!!

@frobbin hood
    The red key from book puzzle gets you in a couple more places, in one you'll find a way to enter the underground area from the basement, after returning from that you'll get to the statue puzzle.
    Explosive charge is used to access hidden mission (there's more to it than just setting the books).
    Yes, there is a key for that chest (a zombie's guarding it, sorta).
    You're welcome, and give my best to mantlin marion.

Lol. Will do Dahenjo, thanks!

Ah. Missed a key upstairs.

You must jump down the hole on the spiderweb only near the edge or the spiders will finish you off. You will instantly be covered with lots of web but you can slough them off then hack the web below you and fall to the bottom, there you will find a tunnel that takes you into the castle. I spent hours trying to find a way inside..
    Last edited by onetruekeeper; 2nd Sep 2017 at 02:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Once you do the book thing, go to the room downstairs with all the crates. Grab the claw hammer.

2. Go back upstairs, find the bedroom with the bullseye target, and throw the hammer at it.

3. A key should have appeared on the nearby nightstand.

That should get you going.
    I tried that but .I did not see any keys on the nightstand or anywhere in the room
    Last edited by onetruekeeper; 2nd Sep 2017 at 02:21.

Quote Originally Posted by onetruekeeper View Post
    You must jump down the hole on the spiderweb only near the edge or the spiders will finish you off. You will instantly be covered with lots of web but you can slough them off then hack the web below you and fall to the bottom, there you will find a tunnel that takes you into the castle. I spent hours trying to find a way inside..
    There's a much easier way in the nearby building.

I tried that but I did not see any keys on the nightstand or anywhere in the room.
    If you've first re-set the books correctly (you'll hear a bell tinkling sound as a confirmation), the key should be right there, otherwise something still isn't set right.

I went into that building guarded by a zombie with the two safes and levers that opened the doors to the two closets with one with the hole in the floor but for some reason I cannot fit through that hole...LOL.
    Last edited by onetruekeeper; 2nd Sep 2017 at 02:19.

How do I find the golden key?
    Last edited by onetruekeeper; 2nd Sep 2017 at 02:24.

@onetruekeeper - please use spoiler cover or I won't help you further.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    @onetruekeeper - please use spoiler cover or I won't help you further.
    Oops...my bad. It's been awhile since I posted anything and I forgot to enable the spoiler cover.
    I will put spoiler covers on my previous posts..thanks.
    Last edited by onetruekeeper; 2nd Sep 2017 at 02:20.

Thanks for doing that....

I went into that building guarded by a zombie with the two safes and levers that opened the doors to the two closets with one with the hole in the floor but for some reason I cannot fit through that hole...LOL.
    You need to break a web at the top with your sword (it's hard to see) then you can go down it.

How do I find the golden key?
    You'll get that after solving the R-G-B puzzle (use the red, green, and blue keys to access it)

Got the golden key...went to locked room with force field then off to mission 10
    Thanks.

Yes, there is a key for that chest (a zombie's guarding it, sorta).
    Replaying now (on Deathwish) and searching for the missed secrets. I'm in the haunted city area, all my zombies are either sleeping or torn into pieces, so I can move around freely - but I still can't find this key. What did I overlook?

@csamba
    From the hole w/vine down to the burricks by the statue, go a few steps east, turn right/south and there's a hole in the wall, go in turn right and the key is at the far end on the ground behind where a single zombie is/was standing.

Thanks a lot. I must be blind, because I've been in that passage more than once, even climbed the dirt heap...

Got a problem with secret#2, too: found the switch on the high beam in the "feasting hall" but can't figure out how to reach it (without ropes, crates, wings...). Make my day, please

Mantle up on one of the open doors, get stabilized and jump-twist to the crossbeam.

Dahenjo: You mailbox is full. No more PMs for you, buddy!

Mantle up on one of the open doors, get stabilized and jump-twist to the crossbeam.
    ! Took about 15-20 attempts, but finally I did succeed Thank you for all your help.
    Last edited by csamba; 6th Sep 2017 at 08:00.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    ! Took about 15-20 attempts, but finally I did succeed
    That's all? Don't tell GORT or he'll make it harder.

@Ricebug: the sitchiation has been rectalfied.

I was thinking about putting a timer on that secret, but I thought that would be too mean.

what do i do with the explosive device I have no fire arrows

@ uhai
    You can also set it off with a flare.

Any hint on where to use it?