TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Rebellion of the Builder 2: Mission 9 "The Forgotten Kingdom"

Check around the paintings. You'll notice that there's an unusual section under one of the paintings.

Thanks I remember now seeing that but at the time thought it was related to that puzzle

There seems to be an issue regarding loot. I am playing v1.01 in 'Deathwish' mode.
    One of the first things I did was to switch on the power generator, but did not like the streets to be lighted, so I switched it off again.
    Roaming through the mission I found 740 loot, before I realized that I need to have the generator enabled indeed.
    So, I switched it on again and all my loot disappeared from my inventory.
    I found another crystal near the doors that needed to be activated and my inventory showed me those 25g loot only.
    At the end I was at 235g and failed the 500g objective, although technically I had all the 925g collected that are available.
    Also: the stats at the end of the mission actually said: 0 of 925.

Oh well, at least the mission allowed me to finish.

That's strange. That shouldn't be happening. Just in case the .mis file got corrupted, replace it with this version.
    Miss29.mis
    The downfall is that you'll have to restart the mission.

If you still get this problem, it might be a quicksave issue.

I tried all kinds of crazy stuff during beta, but this is new. Ditto what GORT says, which is why a hard save is periodically done. Something quirky about quick-saves, in my experience.

so many of the puzzles in this campaign have made no sense to me, I'm simply following the walkthrough...
    but now I've hit the statues and need to collect the gauntlet, but where do I find it? I heard a grinding noise, but can't find any newly open doors or panels

That sound is a tile opening on the floor.

I would be grateful for any help with either of the following.

1) Once you have solved the library puzzle where do you get the key? Walkthrough just mentions a door niche and says see fig 5, but there is no fig 5 that I can see.

2) I am having difficulty making out the letters on the right-hand side of the 2nd floor. Am I correct in thinking that the pattern is:

..W
    .....V
    .....U
    R...T
    Q...S
    ..P

@Cigam:
    1) a floor plate around shelves A-B-C-D should open if you did things correctly.
    2) From memory that's not correct (I believe Q-R and S-T are adjoining shelves, for example) but they are clearly marked on the ends and laid out in alphabetical order.

1) Thanks I'll check that out.
    2) In my diagram Q and R are adjoining and against one wall. Against the opposite wall is ST, then UV. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Is that right?

EDIT: appears it was right. Havve now found the key. Thanks Dahenjo.
    Last edited by Cigam; 29th Dec 2017 at 20:52.

I see now you had it right, but I didn't get your layout before and thought you meant that R...T and Q...S were adjoining. Imo this is the hardest mission of the campaign and very satisfying to complete.

Oh dear, underwater. I hate underwater sections as I can never see where I am going.

I have swum from the waterfall to the air pocket, then N to a chamber with Craymen in it and a blinking light. The light seems to be underwater, so are the Crays. I can swim over their heads. But can't see where to go next.

Any direction would be great here. Even if only to tell me whether there is a tunnel you are meant to go into beneath the blinking light, or to the left of it etc. Or can you climb out somewhere in that chamber? I have swum around the 'ceiling' but can't see anything obvious. Any scrap of a hint of how to exit this chamber would be useful. Thanks.

You go in & out the same way and the blue key should be floating in the middle of that chamber with the crayman, it'll highlight when you get close. It's possible to grab it and get back to the air pocket without taking damage.

Once again, your help is much appreciated. So there is no exit as such, I just have to find the key then swim back, all in one breath. Will have a look for it.

I suppose there are no known breath potions in the level? That would be too easy for this game

Blimey. I did not manage to get the key and back without running out of air and taking a hit, although I am sure this is possible...on "normal". Surely on "expert", with its reduced air timer, this is impossible?

Or are we meant to use the strafe swim speed boost which I avoid because it feels like cheating? Even then...

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    Or are we meant to use the strafe swim speed boost which I avoid because it feels like cheating? Even then...
    That's how I do it and don't consider it cheating because I believe GORT designed it to require using strafe boost as the only possible way not to take damage, and even with that just barely but it's doable.

I did. Also, in mission 4, you can find a wooden door with a message that tells you about Saria's dash run that can break open wooden doors by running diagonal into them multiple times.

Have you tried it on expert?

On another nore, does anyone know if the Crayman in that area is an actual, regular old Crayman, and not some custom creation for this mode?

EDIT Since discovered that it answers to Craybeast.
    Last edited by Cigam; 2nd Jan 2018 at 12:39.

Yes, I've tried it on Deathwish (Expert). I had 1/4 of the air meter left after getting the key and get above water.

FYI: The tan versions are called Craymen and the taller blue ones are the CrayBeasts. These guys are from Thief 1/Gold.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Craybeasts are a bit bigger and have 30HP vs 20HP for Craymen. Aside from that there are no big differences.

Thanks for the info. Can anyone remember if there are any other Craybeasts in the game aside from the one guarding the Blue Castle Key in this mission? I know m1 has crayMEN.
    Last edited by Cigam; 3rd Jan 2018 at 15:18.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    Yes, I've tried it on Deathwish (Expert). I had 1/4 of the air meter left after getting the key and get above water.
    But did you use the strafe-swim speed boost?

Without the strafe-swim speed boost, it was just slightly less than 1/4 left. Also, I didn't get hurt by the CrayBeast.

I've tried a few times and can't manage it on one breath, but that is no doubt my failing. Now I can get back to the air pocket before my health runs out, so that wouldn't be an overwhelming problem...except that that Cray is quite capable of following me up the passage, and when he does there is no stopping for air in the pocket as he is quite capable of one hitting me by attacking my legs.

Did manage to get to the air pocket without the Cray following me there, so was able to progress. But not looking forward to Iron Manning this mission. If the Cray chooses that time to follow me up I've had it
    Last edited by Cigam; 4th Jan 2018 at 16:02.

Just wondering if anyone can help with loot. According to the walkthrough there is the Torc to be founbd in an enclosed area with moss arrows and a prone zombie, but despite frobbing all over the place I can't find it.

I've found some loot in what appears to be a kitchen within the Castle 1st floor, and off one of the unlockable rooms on the 2nd floor of the library. I think that is about it though.

The walkthrough also mentions a crystal chunk in a chapel.

Are there any other obvious pieces that anycan remember?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast