TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlottesville Virginia

Okay, lets be responsible here and in order to assign proper blame lets answer a question:

What percentage of all senators and congressmen in America are WHITE?

And, a little follow up question:

How long has it been this way?

but but but antifaa
    So let me get this straight: Anyone to your Right cannot march or protest in public without being beaten down (justifiably)? Because that's what you're saying here. Do you not see how that will lead to real violence?

Moderator and Priest
    No, but I don't see how anyone could take exception to people beating on Neo-Nazis.

Plus, they weren't just running around hitting people helter skelter. The more jumped up of the bunch were specifically targeting people waving around swastikas or dressed up in Klan robes, which were the vast majority there. Contrary to Trump's claim, there weren't any civil minded protesters there, protecting their heritage. This was an exclusively far right affair.

I can't tell if you're just trolling, too lazy to look anything up or legitimately stupid. Here's one picture of something going down at the rally. Not one person is in a Klan robe (LOL) or Nazi regalia. There will be other pictures of the rally if you bother to Google.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite_...._12,_2017.jpg

Anyway, everyone thinks the nazi posers are idiots and no one wants anything to do with them. There are actually people out there who want to protest legitimate things, but you seem to be saying they have to stay in their homes and be silent, or get beaten up/murdered.

Is it that you're OK with the violence because you assume your side will always win forever?

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, one picture. See you did your due diligence.

Here's one of the most famous shots from the protest...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19875469_10213897820423409_2528052667032351507_n.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	2377

Here's another good one...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a3853b30cae247baacc290b3c4a8da19_18.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	2378

So. No Klan?

You said the "vast majority there" were in klan robes. My picture proved you wrong. As I said, there were a few idiots there waving nazi bullshit and yes they suck. I'm just saying to stop lumping in everyone with those idiots.

Edit: I see these nazis as basically live-action role playing losers. They have no power, and no idea what to do with it if they did have it. It's actually amusing that everyone loses their shit over these fools (which is exactly what they want you to do).

Moderator and Priest
    No. I said the vast majority of people there were alt-right, ie Klan and Nazis, though I could see how the way I worded it could confuse you.

And the Neo-Nazi groups? It's estimated that there are probably tens of thousands of members across all the various factions. There's not enough there to swing an election, or even be counted as a demographic in and of themselves, but they could raise some havoc if they decided to go ape shit one day.

I seem to recall that whenever some muslim drives a truck through a German Christmas market, you all leap in with #NotAllMuslims, or "don't broad brush," so how is it that your nuanced arguments fall by the wayside now, and absolutely everyone who disagrees with you is a nazi?

If you're willing to march in a demonstration with Nazis then chances are you are a Nazi too. Because anyone in their right mind would get the hell out of there and make it very clear that they do not stand for this.

//Your analogy doesn't hold because the attacks you refer to were lonesome terror attacks - not out of a crowd of possibly like minded Muslims that we'd now have to distinguish. The other Muslims were at home. And people like you still judge them under the same blanket.
    Last edited by Kolya; 16th Aug 2017 at 15:52.

Hang on, is Krush saying he's a nazi now? I'm confused.

No, he thinks it's fine to walk like a duck and talk like a duck but insist to be called a swan. Everything else would be terribly judgmental of us.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    I seem to recall that whenever some muslim drives a truck through a German Christmas market, you all leap in with #NotAllMuslims, or "don't broad brush," so how is it that your nuanced arguments fall by the wayside now, and absolutely everyone who disagrees with you is a nazi?
    None of us are here screaming about white people, or Christians, are we? Both organization and demographics nominally associated with the Nazis. No, that'd be idiotic. As idiotic as assuming that all of Islam is responsible for, the inevitable end result, of the likes of ISIS.

We're putting the blame where the blame is due, on the goddamn Nazis and Klan who marched on Charlottesville, and who applauded everything that happened therein.

El Shagmeister
    Hi, I heard there were Nazis in here.

Confirm/Deny?

Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    As I said, there were a few idiots there waving nazi bullshit and yes they suck. I'm just saying to stop lumping in everyone with those idiots.
    But everyone there lumped themselves in with those idiots.

I kind of feel that if you don't want to be mistaken for a Nazi, you don't march arm in arm with them. But maybe that's just me.

No Nazis. Just Dukis.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Hi, I heard there were Nazis in here.

Confirm/Deny?
    There's Mikey, but we always knew he had a soft spot for the brown shirts.

Aaaaaand of course, not a single one of you WHITE members of the illustrious TTLG will answer how many WHITE people are in charge of our country, and for how long.

OF COURSE.

Explain this please...

And of course, the reason why noone will answer is because the fact that America is led by WHITE people and always has been, yeah it kinda ruins this stupid racism bullshit narrative on BOTH sides.

Moderator and Priest
    What's the point of your question? Might as well ask how many white people have ruled China for all its relevance to our current situation.

Actually, just shut the fuck up, Goldmoon.

You're giving off the impression that you just made an effective argument, but I don't see why.

Moderator and Priest
    I'd ask him to explain himself more fully, but I know I'd end up regretting it.

GMD, I'm kinda confused how biased govt. representation disproves racism.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    The neo-Nazi right I'd still argue is a very small contingent. The Trump-supporting Right is a much larger group, still screwball and enraged with race mixed up in there, but they're not the ones that will be protesting or violent...
    I'd very much like to believe you are right, but it feels like the same sort of "let's be reasonable, this is fine" rhetoric that is so damn intuitive to people like me who have grown up around the time of the great moderation and the "end of history", but hasn't had a very good track record in the US since Trump got into power. Even after the election, if you'd told me there would be an open fascism rally in the land of the free, and the theoretically most powerful person on earth would stand up and openly support them (you could argue that but I'm sticking to it), with nothing more that a few impotent tut-tut's from the people nominally responsible for applying the "checks and balances" in your system, I would have laughed at you. Oops.

One thing that has become clear is that steady application of a right-wing reality distortion filter over time by far-right media ... works. The Neo-Nazi contingent is small now perhaps, but if Trump and Breitbart get behind them I don't see why that can't change over time. Perhaps not literal support of Nazi's, but support of their policies? Hasn't a substantial portion of the US electorate been dragged half-way there already?

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I think most of our lingering issues have now been blown open, and exposed for all the world to see. Honestly, I don't think a simple show about this most contentious of issues will be anything more than white noise backing the screaming, hateful reality we're now facing.

Neo-Nazi Subject Of VICE's Charlottesville Documentary Sobs On YouTube After Warrant Issued For His Arrest
    Yes, it's the self-righteous grinning guy with the guns in his shoes.

Moderator and Priest
    You beat me to it.

I just can't feel sorry for the guy. I don't care how much he cries, he brought it all on himself.

Moderator and Priest
    Even The Federalist is getting in on calling Trump out for his speech yesterday.

It’s time for that to stop. It’s time to stop looking at the latest Trump statement in relation to how bad you think the alternative is on the Left, or how biased the media is, and instead to compare it to what we should actually expect from a president. In a country where 99 percent of the population is opposed to Nazis, it should be the easiest thing in the world for an American president to unite the country by appealing to our shared values. Only Trump could take one of the most uncontroversial ideas in American politics, the Indiana Jones Rule, and turn it into a wrenching national argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Actually, just shut the fuck up, Goldmoon.
    Here, lets take off the bubble blinders for just one second, sorry for the inconvenience, you can pull them over your eyes again shortly:

Yeah, because it sends such an overwhelming message of equality to have an all WHITE government, especially to all the colored folks down in the ghettos.

/blinders back on