TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: mc escher idea for fan mission with picture

mc escher idea for fan mission with picture

http://t10.deviantart.net/vK-JYVsA4L...no-d21fe30.jpg

i found this while doing some work, i am now wonering if the gravity can be set for any flat surface,so it would be possible to change prespective while playing,maybe years ago i had a guy try something simaler but it did not turn out right

ended up making it so one side had more gravity then other side

not sure what limits of thief is,but its a good idea to make mc escher style maps

That looks cool the author would have to use a disclaimer for people with vertigo!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    To answer your technical question, no you can't change the direction of gravity in the Dark engine. You can only adjust its strength.

that would make things a lot more interesting.... much better than the bonehoard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW9E6XzfDbg

here is video of what i was thinking i guess in unreal 4 engine its possible not sure if it can be converted ,but dynamic gravity is the name of it,the key is postion you jump has to match new landing area to make it work,so alot of skill can be done to levels

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    not sure what limits of thief is,but its a good idea to make mc escher style maps
    Proptip: If you have to declare that your own idea is good... it isn't.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    As I said before, there is no dynamic gravity in Dark. Converting that U4 demo to Dark probably isn't possible, and even if it is you still wouldn't have the dynamic gravity as seen in that video, just the brushes.

ZylonBane
    "Dynamic gravity" as used here is an unfortunate choice of terms. Dark can do dynamic changes to gravitational force perfectly well via scripting. But the orientation is fixed. Dark doesn't support gravity in any direction but up/down, dynamic or not.