TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ongoing Terror Attacks

Ongoing Terror Attacks

Here we go again...

Spanish police have confirmed a rented truck has struck a crowd on a popular tourist street in central Barcelona in what they are calling a “coordinated terrorist attack”, with authorities confirming 13 dead and over 100 injured.

Unfortunately, these radical Muslim terror attacks will continue to ramp up in western nations, due to their Jihad commitment to Allah.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 16th Sep 2017 at 14:26.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Might as well post this here and keep the bad times rolling.

There was a knife attack in Turku, Finland today as well. 2 dead, 8 injured. Police shot the suspect in the leg and apprehended him. No word on identity or motive yet. More will hopefully be revealed tomorrow.

Also earlier today, 1 person killed and 1 injured in a knife-attack in Wuppertal, Germany. Perpetrator still at large.

Goddamn all this shit.

Moderator and Priest
    It does feel like the wheels are coming off sometimes, doesn't it?

I just want to point out that RT.com is a news network funded by the Russian government and they tend to put a specific spin on German local news stories.
    Also the police said there is currently no reason to assume a terror attack: http://www.bz-berlin.de/deutschland/...e-in-wuppertal
    Unfortunately a knife attack isn't something special. This news hasn't even made it into countrywide newspapers here so far. EDIT: I was wrong, here it is, it just wasn't on the frontpage.
    Last edited by Kolya; 18th Aug 2017 at 19:43.

Isis is spending their last most stupid followers in an effort to bolster their flagging spirits from loss on the battlefield. Too bad they don't all try to build bombs and blow themselves up. I wonder when they will run out of stupid fanatics.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    I just want to point out that RT.com is a news network funded by the Russian government and they tend to put a specific spin on German local news stories.
    Ah, I just went with the first english-language story I found on Google.

Moderator and Priest
    That's how they get you.

Still Subjective
    That is how they get you.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Oh no, they got me! To be fair, I did check bbc.co.uk first but couldn't find a report on the German incident, which is why I had to go searching unfamiliar sites for a link.

The stabber in Turku has been identified as a 18-year old Moroccan, and the case is being investigated as an act of terrorism. 5 other people are also being questioned as suspects.

LittleFlower
    Supposedly the plan was to blow up the Sagrada Família. Or at least do the attack there.

I wonder if this is the start of a new trend. Attacks on churches. Easy targets. Obvious reference to religion and islam, to attack another religion. No innocent bystanders can be killed (why would muslims be inside a church ?) Lots of people close together (like at a pop-concert). It's perfect.

Capture a fuel-transport-truck. Attach some minor explosives. Drive into a Church on Sunday mass. The doors should be big enough for the truck to enter. Detonate the small explosives. Truck goes boom. Simple plan.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    why would muslims be inside a church ?
    Because they are human beings like you or I and may find the architecture interesting?

That's why I went into it. Certainly not for any religious reasons.

What´s the benefit from Islam for my country and our society?
    None.
    From day one they demand getting benefits and payments. They give us nothing, just luck of interest for how we are and they make ghettos because we are infidels and a girl can´t even talk to me if case of need.
    Tell you what, I´d like to do in their countries things that I do here. Impossible, so what´s the fuck?
    Ah, and build them mosques of course. Where are the agnostics and atheists there? Imprisoned? Isolated?
    But hey, we have to accommodate to their petitions.
    They don´t adapt to us and I don´t have the need to adapt to them being in this part of the world.
    If you don´t like this, go away. There are many countries in the world with you type of society but they seem to like the ones from this part.
    Fight for your rights in your countries and don´t expand your religion here. We dont need it (well modern marxists seem to need Islam - they must know why).

Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    None.
    ...Wait, what? You're from friggen' Spain. You can't throw a rock without hitting a Moorish influence.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    Whats the benefit to your country and society from you? From any other religion?

I'm in contact with several muslims on a daily basis. Two are doctors, one is scientist and the others all work in drug development.

What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    ...Wait, what? You're from friggen' Spain. You can't throw a rock without hitting a Moorish influence.
    Until very recently (how funny) moorish never were in my region and in other regions in northern Spain.
    Not a single building or construction. The north of Spain is totally different to the image you have: flamenco, paella, etc is not our culture.
    But if you want Islam, all for you and enjoy it.
    And I can tell you that here we don´t want to be like London, Marseille, Paris, etc that look more like a nothern african city than a european one.
    Multiculturalism, no thank you.

Actual serious question: about how far north does "moorish" architecture penetrate? Is it limited to the old bounds of Al Andalaus, or even more limited than that?

In the Iberian Peninsula (Spain and Portugal mainland) draw a line from Barcelona to Pamplona and then from Pamplona to Porto.
    South of that line all was under Islam (711-1492) some time or another.
    In 1492 the remaining portion (Kingdom of Granada - 1238 to 1492) became part of Crown of Castile.
    But don´t worry, nowadays is penetrating way north than ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOx6nfzrxFc

I would be in danger in many of their countries if my religion was other than that.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Because they are human beings like you or I and may find the architecture interesting?

You're from friggen' Spain. You can't throw a rock without hitting a Moorish influence.
    Do you not understand that this Moorish "influence" was from CONQUEST? And that the Spanish struggled for 700 years to throw off the shackles of Islam? I doubt they want much of that "influence" back.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Do you not understand that this Moorish "influence" was from CONQUEST? And that the Spanish struggled for 700 years to throw off the shackles of Islam? I doubt they want much of that "influence" back.
    No matter where you look in Europe, you're looking at some nation that was conquered by some other people at some point in time. In Spain alone, they didn't just contend with the Moors, but the Visigoths, the Romans, and the Carthaginians. Even the damn Greeks got in on that action at one point.

Spain didn't exactly suffer under the rule of the Moors. They were one of the biggest contributors to the Late Medieval Renaissance.

You have to remember that, contrary to the backwards fundamentalism it now represents, the Islamic majority Middle East was the cultural and scientific center of the world until about the 14-15th century.

You hear that, bassoferrol? You Spanish are benefiting from all that 15th century islamic art and science. So you have to put up with millions more of them pouring into your country from now until...well, until there is no more Spain but only another muslim colony.

Understand now?

Moderator and Priest
    You know, Krush, you're pretty alright up until someone mentions Islam. Then you get all fuckity stupid.

It's frustrating, 'cause you read Krush's posts and you just wanna barge in all, like, "Man, stop being such a sarcastic, racist jerk and people will listen to your arguments and take you more seriously," but of course that kind of talk never works, especially not on sarcastic, racist jerks, so I end up just making a passive aggressive post like this one in the hopes that it'll somehow be the spark that causes him to reconsider his reductivist opinions, but it obviously won't, so I'm left with just the original frustration plus maybe the tiny bit of catharsis I get from being a jerk of my own. And that's not really worth it, which is why I don't post in any of these discussions any more. For some reason I'm still reading them, though.

Oh, I guess the other reason is that I don't actually know anything about any issues.

I'm not the one that has to keep making excuses for religious fanatics who bomb little girls in concerts and drive trucks through crowds. I'm not the one telling an actual Spaniard that he needs to just get used to islam re-conquering his land, because of all that wonderful 15th-century art.