TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: The Rebellion of the Builder 2: The Hidden Missions

The Rebellion of the Builder 2: The Hidden Missions

OK, I'm stuck in 'Nightmare'.
    Which way do I go? Seems you only get one chance thanks to those exploding stones.

I believe there is two sets that come from starting cave, and two sets connecting lighthouse with freezer house / cold storage (can't remember name). Have you gotten the key to ice house yet?

Help!

I'm in Garrett's Nightmare, in the locker room.

From the walkthrough Ricebug provided (item 23):

In one corner of the room, look up at the ceiling. Use something so facilitate climbing up into this room. You'll find CARGO LOCKER KEY 5 here.

How do I climb up there? My vine arrow doesn't work! The bedroll and the two helmets thrown on the floor don't go high enough! Help!

- prjames

UPDATE: I figured it out on my own. For others who are stuck at this point:

Return to the room with the Trickster. Take the south exit from that room. The next room in that direction has a lower "floor" (was a ceiling once upon a time). Go west from that room through two doorways to a hallway with a lower "floor" (was a ceiling once upon a time). Go north and keep descending; you'll eventually see a drop to the "floor/ceiling" of a cave (this will take a couple health from you if you just drop it or you can go out a door in the room next door and do what's suggested in #27). Once down there - look around - there are a few pieces of rubble in the lowest place. Bring a piece of rubble up and place it in the corner of the locker room (you will use the Vine arrow twice to get yourself back up - the vine arrow works fine with wood and the Mechanist "soft floor"). Repeat this sequence and bring a second piece of rubble up. Two pieces of rubble is enough to allow you to reach the area with the Cargo Locker Key 5. Consider yourself lucky that the Trickster easily gets bored and returns to his standard patrol pattern.

The area with the rubble is is also the area you're at in #28 of the walkthrough.
    Last edited by prjames; 9th Sep 2017 at 10:51.

Hi gang,

So the Solstice level. Probably the most frustrating Thief level I ever played. Not sure if it's the work of a genius or a diabolical madman.
    I have solved virtually every challenge I have encountered in a "non-standard" way like scaling unscaleable obstacles etc.
    I'm not sure if some of the puzzles from the original game are even meant to be solved or if I am missing something in terms of general physics of this level.

Either way, I'm near the end of the level and stuck:

I'm a few rooms from the Tower of Ultimate Terror, in the rightmost room on the map in Ricebug's walkthrough. It's a purple room full of spikes and three platforms, all too far away to reach via jumping and with no friendly sconce or other ledge to mantle onto.

EDIT: I got it... jeez
    Last edited by deef the thief; 12th Sep 2017 at 03:55.

how do I get to the nightmare mission?
    I've followed the steps in Ricebug's walkthrough, but it just ends the volcano mission and sends me on to the forest

this is how its done take the flute and go outside on top of that starway and turn around and look at both statues,use the flute,one of the statues will disappear,then re enter the building down the stairs go right and go down in the hallway you were once able to pass is a massive portal,run into it ,good luck,its a hard one

the Solstice level is brutal i gave up ,but the urban assault has 3 different paths only 2 are listed in walk through

also there is a minecraft hidden mission,from the latter castle mission,you have tospell out something with the books,its a short over all easy mission,but it does have something cool in it,its a deeper map then it looks,but not by alot

the Solstice level is brutal i gave up ,but the urban assault has 3 different paths only 2 are listed in walk through,one way is to just get bomb and kill creature and leave building,second way is to put in code into mech building with keypad on outside and run down the open tunnel 3 times,the third way and most hardest ever is to play the mission like the final mission from first trotb set of missions,there are some things you wont be able to get due to reasons you will find out about,but basicly i will give a bit of some spoilers ,first get the third lockpick when you leave main building its in same place as it was in first set of missions :P,and dont forget to get the bomb before you go outside the first building :P,then,you have to nic a key from the servant guy who walks up and down those blue stairs=dont get caught,then that that key to the church and use key to get in,now this place is decent size but you only need one thing ,the keycard from the guy in the very back right outside,also grab the moss arrows and 1 capsule arrow in front,then you go all the way back to underground passage use the keycard to get in,now your goal is simple get all the keycards agian access final area,then you willget a cutscene from gort,i am stuck at this point but ,i am sure i got to go right door into that room and figure out the all new switch puzzle with a bomb :P,ohh yeah there is also now 2 woodsie lords in that room and they are pissed off,one followed me in the room and now i am taking a break :P

i am amazed on the storie in this 3rd way to win mission,i hope we get more of those story in future

also there is a minecraft hidden mission,from the latter castle mission,you have tospell out something with the books,its a short over all easy mission,but it does have something cool in it,its a deeper map then it looks,but not by alot

that is exactly what I did. I step into the portal, see a bit of fire, and the mission ends

when mission end,hit continue and it should be next mission?

after a portal you must go to next mission to play it,if not you got some kind of problem

Continue takes me to the forest mission, Unexpected Confrontation

ok you got some kind of error,i had the same thing with solstice mission first time,i though it was just a video,ended up finding out it was an actual mission so i regot entire mission,and it worked the next time

so my best advice is ,maybe redo entire mission and see if you get it ?

or ask one of the many advanced people ,how to directly start up the hidden missions,from the file,i forgot how,but i am sure its just like starting the blooper mission in thief gold?
    Last edited by downwinder; 20th Oct 2017 at 20:44.

@ MrMunkeepants

I'm looking into that. I think it might be a quicksave issue. Quicksaves can cause problems.

I've made it to Solstice... and I have no idea what to do. I checked the walkthrough, but I can't get to the first location for boots, the potions don't seem to do anything. This one might have beaten me already. Any advice?

To get the boots, first you must get the first key. Getting keys will bring objects that weren't there before. This is just like the NES version of the game.

OK. The potions are suppose to do as follows:

BLUE = Able to touch enemies and certain blue blocks without dying (current room only).

PURPLE = Teleports you back to the starting area.

YELLOW = Allow objects to stay in mid-air after dropping them (current room only).

GREEN = Reveals hidden objects and take out false ones (current room only).