TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Translators and Proof readers required

Translators and Proof readers required

Athalle and I have been running for a couple of months a small forum, Shadowbox, to help FM translators coordinate their work. Most of the regular translators are already registered with us and have helped a number of authors to release their missions in multi language format at the initial release of the mission, thus allowing a huge number of non English players to enjoy the latest release in their spoken language from day one rather than having to wait, sometimes months, for an updated multi language version to be released.

However we have a BIG need for help, especially for French, German and Italian translators as well as proof readers, as the size of many missions today means it is unrealistic for just one person to translate everything.

So this is a call out to those in this community who would like to contribute to a small but hugely important part of the Thief world.

The latest mission we are coordinating is Yandros' Death Cold Embrace, which has a staggering 178 books, but if we can find 3/4 extra French, German and Italian translators that means 40+/- books each which is very much more reasonable.

Do not worry if you do not know how to format books and files, we can help out there and the other translators are all super friendly and helpful, the only thing you need to bring to the forum is a willingness to help and a time commitment.

As for proof readers, we only need a couple of people to check English translations from non English missions, there is a lot less of this work but again is a hugely important aspect of the forum.

If anyone is interested please let us know, either in this thread or you can PM Athalle or myself directly.

Thanks in advance from all at Shadowbox and the authors.

I would be thrilled to be able to contribute something after all these years. I speak only English, but have made my living for 30 years polishing people's writing. I owe y'all for thousands of hours of entertainment, so please use me as you see fit. (-:

Thanks for your offer of help, I have sent you a PM.

I think i can help with Italian translation, please let me know what to do (keep in mind i have no technical experience with Thief missions).
    Last edited by piesel; 8th Sep 2017 at 06:29.

Thank you piesel.

Don't worry about anything, we'll help you as much as we can.

I can offer English proofreading. I've proofread a decent amount of peer work in real life over my years of study, and I have a reputation for letting little to nothing slip by me. The only FM contributions I've done as of yet are as a voice actor, so I may require some assistance with regards to formatting et cetera.

Thanks McTaffer, i have sent you a PM.

We should have enough proofreaders now, but are still in need of German and French translators

Hi,
    I could help with the german translation.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    However we have a BIG need for help, especially for French, German and Italian translators as well as proof readers, as the size of many missions today means it is unrealistic for just one person to translate everything.
    Fortuni, did you contact all the people listed in the thread of the Guild Of Translators in order to 'invite' them to the Shadowbox? http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130886
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

@zappen, yep, it has been done

@ Atropos, thank you so much! I've sent you a PM.