TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lost Places Contest: Bertrand's Forgotten Tomb (September 15, 2017)

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to incorporate ambients more thoughtfully into my next mission

Yeah, I wanted to make the stairs shorter by one 360 degree turn, but the pillars below needed the room to breathe :/

That one scroll's name was just delightful: "Bertrand's trash talk"

How do i use hint system? I`m in the room with 4 statues and picking holy water hurts me.

AKA H3H3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaratul View Post
    How do i use hint system? I`m in the room with 4 statues and picking holy water hurts me.
    Frob the statues.

You gotta read the floor plaques before the statues will frob. that way you know what you're asking for

I'm having difficulty with the codex puzzle. I figured out the dial closest to the door (the number of segments in the number), but when I do the same for the other 2, they don't work. Are they all supposed to work the same way?

Did you try 1/2 for the larger box?

Keep in mind, the boxes are nested. The snaller box (and everything in it) is also in the larger box

Yeah, it didn't work. Here's my setup

I also tried 2/3, in case that box needed to reflect the 5 in the other one

Getting close!

Go back to 2/3 and you're almost there! Just need to tweak the last number

With 2/3; 5 there are 15 lights on. But 2/3rds of 21 lights is only 14 lights. can you cut down on one light?

Got it, thanks!
    Loved it, 400 short on loot though, will have to scour around some more

Quote Originally Posted by FenPhoenix View Post
    Cool mission, small but well done. I like me some puzzley-tombs and I'm proud to say I eventually solved everything without using any hints (Expert)...

...I thought the puzzles were just the right difficulty. They were challenging but very logical and never felt unfair (not everyone gets this right, so kudos). The environmental clues were subtle enough not to jump out right away, but discoverable if one has one's eyes open. The projection room solution was particularly awesome.
    Thanks, FenPhoenix! Though I can't take all the credit for that---I have to give a big shoutout to my testers (Cardia, nightshifter, Gloria Creep, marbleman and john9818a) for helping me calibrate that balance; you should have seen the first version I sent them!!

I`m frobbing the statues after reading plaques and picking holy water.Im doing something wrong or maybe i have buggy FM script?

Maybe adjust your view? They display white text, so if you're looking against a very light background maybe that's the issue?

Do you have nvscript and tnhScript?

Installed newest tafferpatcher with FM mission fixes and scripts and all is working now!

Well, yes, I think I missed the small jar (20) : room with the 7 pillars, but I did get up there above and got all that way above, so still leaves me with 100

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I am pretty sure I can guess what you are missing.
    - small jar (20) : room with the 7 pillars. Shooting a rope arrow into the wooden pillar will give you a new perspective.
    - candle (50) and green pokal (50) : round room with a really giant statue in the middle. Look up very high to the wooden beams in the ceiling and figure out how to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    Well, yes, I think I missed the small jar (20) : room with the 7 pillars, but I did get up there above and got all that way above, so still leaves me with 100
    Then, maybe return to the flooded area with a small crypt and 4 coffins, where the water just reaches your knees or waiste and look high up. At the very top should be a gem (100).

Hey trefoilknot, thanks for the mission! I enjoyed it. I'm usually not big on puzzle missions (and especially not ones with riddles), but these puzzles were really well done. (Including the use of the rope arrow to get into the room with the cracked floor - requiring you to shoot the arrow from one spot and then climb it from another. So simple, but I don't think I've ever seen it done before.)

I confess that I looked at all of the hints for the first three gates (I'm impatient). I must've missed something, though, because on my way back to the exit, I could still hear a haunt from the hall with the ramp that leads down to the hint room, and I was 220 loot short.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

There are a couple missions with a similar rope arrow trick I know for sure that Haplo's Unholy Vivid Innocence and Insanity's Crescendo have related puzzles. And there might be some others. Highly reccomend those, if you haven't played them yet. But theyre definitely a bit on the puzzle-y/riddle-y side.

I just stumbled across this photo, and it sure looks familiar...

What can I say---I love me some stairs

Already had that too.....

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Then, maybe return to the flooded area with a small crypt and 4 coffins, where the water just reaches your knees or waiste and look high up. At the very top should be a gem (100).

Have you checked behind the coffin, in the ante chamber right after you meet the first haunt?

I liked your mission a lot, even though I don't like puzzles very much.Thank you for your hard work and keep them coming!!

Man Fen, I really hope you make an LP of this one. It seems really interesting, but puzzle missions just aren't my thing.

I will check that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast