TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Freeways - lightweight and fun highway planning game

Level 10,000 achieved

Freeways - lightweight and fun highway planning game

Freeways. It's 3 bucks and one of the most instantly addictive things I've played this year. I mean, it's by the guy who made Desert Golfing so of course it's great.

Also available on mobile tablets. I got it on iPad.

Also, roundabouts are OP.

Thanks for the tip - I think I might check that one out. Do you know if Desert Golfing also works well on tablet?

Level 10,000 achieved
    I played Desert Golfing on an Android phone, but I'm sure the tablet versions work just as well. Tho the main reason I racked up such an insane playtime on DG is that it is, in my opinion, the perfect mobile timewaster. It's got fun gameplay and nothing else. No menus, no saving and loading, no cutscenes or story, near-zero loadtimes. You can start the game up and be playing in seconds and shut it back down at the drop of a hat. That, more than anything led me to whip out my phone for some golfing every time I had to wait for a computer restart or similar, for the better part of last year. Hell, I'd still be playing it if I didn't get stuck on Hole 15780.

Level 10,000 achieved
    My finest intersections!

Kind of a mess actually, but it works.

This one doesn't work.

Doesn't look like much, but at 585 Efficiency it's my highest scoring intersection. Efficiency is calculated by how fast each car gets where it's going vs concrete used.

My current progress. When you complete all visible parts the camera zooms out to reveal another outer layer. Not sure how far it goes.

Thing What Kicks
    Looks like you might enjoy the road building in Cities Skylines henke

...although I see from checking in my Steam library you already have it.

Level 10,000 achieved
    From what little I played of it, yeah, I did like the road building in that, but not so much everything else around it.

Level 10,000 achieved

And Alexander wept for there were no more worlds to conquer...

Administrator
    Thanks for the game suggestion. I've been playing it on and off and apart from a few frustrations it is perfect for whiling away a few minutes. I wish there was a way to erase / tweak roads that are already placed and to get an idea on how much concrete you've used before completing an area. A way to save and restore designs for comparison would also be useful and encourage experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post

Doesn't look like much, but at 585 Efficiency it's my highest scoring intersection. Efficiency is calculated by how fast each car gets where it's going vs concrete used.
    I see your 585 (or 558) and raise you:

My best is 696 but I'm sure it can be tweaked:

Level 10,000 achieved

BOOM!

I would buy this for my phone, but alas it is tablet-only.

Haha I don't even know what category of nerds you guys are for geeking out on this game.
    Are civil engineering nerds a thing?

J/k looks pretty cool.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Truth be told I really didn't expect to like this, it's not like anything I've been into in the past, and just looking at it doesn't quite convey it's addictive charm. I mainly bought it because I'd gotten such an insane amount of value out of Desert Golfing (playtime: ~130h. cost: 1,49) that I felt compelled to buy whatever Justin Smith released next. It just turned out to be one of the best games I've played this year.

Who do you think plays all those city-building games like Caesar, Pharaoh, Zeus, and Settlers?

Level 10,000 achieved
    BOOM!

Or perhaps I should say... VROOM?