TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My hard hitting, super detailed super in depth thoughts on Star Trek: Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    You had to subscribe to CBS All Access to watch the second half.
    Colbert: "To boldly subscribe where nobody had subscribed before."

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Using subtitles for long conversations was dumb as well.
    I'm a fan of Narcos so I'm used to it now

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    I'm Klingon'ed out. The Klingons were the least imaginative, most overly stereotyped, shallowest, and least interesting of all the major races portrayed in the franchise.
    Do you want Andorians? Because that's how you get Andorians.

Moderator and Priest
    I come in looking forward to some concise, scathing Zylonbane commentary, and all I got was some crap about Andorians.

Life is so disappointing sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I come in looking forward to some concise, scathing Zylonbane commentary, and all I got was some crap about Andorians.

Come on, that was some pretty good shit! I'm giving him 10/10 for dragging out Andorians.

Moderator and Priest
    If you don't like Andorians, maybe. Personally, I thought it was speciesist, and in poor taste.

ZB is the reason why the Klingons think the Federation is a humans only club.

Level 10,000 achieved
    STD gabfest by a couple HUGE NERDS

I liked the two part pilot! Then again I don't really give a shit about Star Trek but I do like character drama, space stuff, and explosions.

You need to watch Archer ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Do you want Andorians? Because that's how you get Andorians.
    Or Ferengi.

But if we're going back to original villains, how about Romulans?

Oh they'll show up. They've been in every Trek show so far. So you can bet on it.

I'd love to see the Ferengi make an appearance, but I'm doubtful.

The Borg though - Maybe. Hope so. They even popped up in an episode of Enterprise (though it made perfect sense why they popped up in that), so you never know.

I watched the first two shows last night and had a ballin good time, blown away by the main character, and even though I knew early on that the captain would have to step down it was exactly the kind of sci-fi adventure I like, except for the Klingons, who came across as just too bad, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post

I'd love to see the Ferengi make an appearance, but I'm doubtful.

The Borg though - Maybe. Hope so. They even popped up in an episode of Enterprise (though it made perfect sense why they popped up in that), so you never know.
    Oh Jesus, please no.

I hate this shoehorning everything in.

Yeah, I'm entirely with SubJeff on this one. I've now watched the first two episodes and I liked them a lot, even if they're far from perfect. If TV Star Trek is to have a future, I think it's in this rather than in nostalgia-going-on-necrophilia dressed up as fandom. The Borg are as played out as the old-school (well, new old-school) Klingons were. If they were to bring them back, IMO they ought to do so by making them new, and that wouldn't please the people calling for this.

If you don't like Andorians, maybe. Personally, I thought it was speciesist
    Always looking out for the little guy, I like that about you, Renz, even if you refuse to allow my alt account to log in. Doesn't seem right, given how much money I dumped into your Pay-Pal account, as per your PM's. I've seen the first two episodes, and have to echo the "it was alright, but not great" reviews. I'm going to keep watching, but I'm not holding my breath. Going to re-watch tonight. (hopefully) I think I will enjoy them both more the second time around, we'll see.

Moderator and Priest
    Maybe you don't have your alt account because I'm not yet satisfied with the payments provided, Montag. You think of that?

Maybe you don't have your alt account because I'm not yet satisfied with the payments provided, Montag. You think of that?
    Dude, my Pay-Pal account is drained! I mean I'm just saying, if you are going to make a deal, at least stay with it. TTLG'ers please ignore this, you can totally trust Renzatic to honor his word if he agrees to let you make an alt-account to post troll-like posts, even if he demands huge sums of money to do so.

It wasn't BruderMurus, was it?

Level 10,000 achieved

Snug as a bug in a rug, captain!

Science! Space beasts! Cronenbergs! Elias Toufexis! The Return of Saru-man! Michael quoting Alice in Wonderland while doing hero shit! Ep. 3 was ridiculous and good.