TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: How to set animated texture to an object

How to set animated texture to an object

Ok so i know how to set an animated terrain texture, and i tried the same with an object, i have this animated texture: "mano_" , "mano_1" , "mano_2" and "mano_3" , in game mode the object only stays at the first texture "mano_". how do i make the object run all "mano" textures?

It looks like the texture names are correct. Check for little things, like all frame textures having valid dimensions. Also be sure that mano_ is referenced in the .bin file and that you're not using it via a TexRepl property.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    It looks like the texture names are correct. Check for little things, like all frame textures having valid dimensions. Also be sure that mano_ is referenced in the .bin file and that you're not using it via a TexRepl property.
    Thank you Robin, the problem was that i set the texture in Texrepl, i set the animated texture in blender instead of texrepl. Im using a tv model, now the textures works, but the images passes very fast, i would like to slow it down just like the tvs of Max Payne. Is it possible to slow down like for the terrain animated textures where you can set the speed of images passage?

Read the modders notes and the material file text document. If material files apply to object textures, you should be able to do it. Why not try? It's not that hard to make a mtl file and test it out.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    You can also set the animation rate directly on the texture in the hierarchy, as well as in a .mtl file. Also, it's kind of ridiculous to fire up Blender and go through all the import/export process just to change a texture in a .bin file. Just get a hex editor and you can do it in about 5 seconds.

ZylonBane
    Object textures aren't in the hierarchy.

Thanks Gentlemanm i see its easier to do with a terrain texture.

Another way to slow it down is to duplicate each frame. That will cut the effective speed in half. If you want it choppy looking, triplicate some, duplicate others, and leave still others as singles.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thanks ZB, I missed that. And Pedro, using a terrain texture on an object is asking for trouble. You can copy the terrain textures you want to use to obj/txt16 and use them properly and achieve the same thing.

Thank you LarryG and Russ, ill take note of your suggestions.