TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Exposing Sexual Harassment...

Exposing Sexual Harassment...

Lets keep ripping the lid off this evil monster!

Im so excited, I cant wait until all the evil is out in broad daylight, for mass consumption!!!

So, I read the other day that the creator of the YouTube series Honest Trailers (and Honest Game Trailers) was recently fired after several people spoke out against him over sexual harassment.

That again raises the question of how you're supposed to feel if you liked someone's videos or other product, but the person themselves is... let's say, "unworthy".

Separating the art from the artist is a helluva difficult thing to do, but I tend to try and apply death of the author in this regard. Too many artists with brilliant works made by them who are/were absolute assholes, but their work does not show it.

What if part of the appeal of the show is its assholishness? For the record, Andy Signore, recently fired from Screen Junkies for sexual harassment, was the co-creator of Honest Trailers. Not the voice, not the sole original creator, not even the head writer. One important member of a team, not some sort of auteur. Should the rest of the cast and crews' work be condemned because of him - especially given that said crew outed and ousted him?

Oh, I misunderstood that, I foolishly assumed that the only person important enough to stop the production would be the guy who voices it, not really realising how many people are actually involved.
    That's what you get from only half-reading articles.

I think the question itself is still valid though. It's better not to know exactly who creates the art that you like, in case you realise you don't like the people.
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 26th Oct 2017 at 08:38.

It's your choice, really. I personally can enjoy Lovecraft even while acknowledging that he had some horrible views about race and gender. It's not like you necessarily have to wall things off in your mind.

@Starker: I agree to a point. For me the disinterest kicks in when an author's sexist and/or racist opinions/attitude start bleeding through into their writings. I just lose interest after that and don't care to continue reading. If an actor whom I previously liked and who had once appealed to me is exposed to be a sexist/misogynistic and/or racist pig, that appeal fades and I lose interest in any films in which he might have starred. It's not usually a conscious choice for me; my interest just wanes.

Eh.

I actually support prosecuting some of these people (assuming due process is followed of course). Actually charging and jailing a few of the rich and powerful would send a message that nobody is above the law, and would do a LOT more to reduce sexual assault and harassment in the workplace than campaigns to "raise awareness" could accomplish in a Millennium.

Biggest reason guys sexually harass in the workplace? Because they're sociopaths who think they can get away with it. You can't fix being sociopath, but you can make a sociopath believe that acting in a certain way goes against his self interest

Let's get down into it, and root it out!

Shoddy video quality, but its the first of its kind, and people are not exactly picking up on this story for some reason, almighty Lord this is getting good!

[PIC WOULD BE HERE]

My mother in law once touched my butt at a family party. I have never spoken about this online before. But now I feel the truth must be on the internet.
    And while we're at it: My step-father clearly patted my wife's butt at our wedding! Although that I can understand, because she has a butt and I don't.
    What is it with old people wanting to touch young butts? Do they not know we find them all disgusting? Do they not care at all??

Worry no more. The solution is here.

I am in complete awe of the brain that came up with this.

Energy Secretary Rick Perry on Thursday offered a new, off-kilter, rationale for supporting the expansion of fossil fuels in Africa: the prevention of sexual assault. His line of thinking appeared to center on the power of fossil fuels to generate light—presumably with lightbulbs?—and the false notion that sexual assault only takes place in the dark.

“When the lights are on, when you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will, on those types of acts,” Perry said, referring to incidents of sexual assault. “So from the standpoint of how you really affect people’s lives, fossil fuels is going to play a role in that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    What is it with old people wanting to touch young butts?
    I dont know, ask Corey Feldman...

I don't know much about Feldman. From some quick research it looks like he's been shopping around these stories for decades without ever disclosing the names of the perpetrators.
    It's not even that I doubt that there are people who abuse their power in Hollywood. I'd be surprised if there weren't. But Feldman seems to make a living from these stories.

My comment was aimed at the women who feel the need to publicly shame Bush Sr. on Twitter, with whom they couldn't wait to be on a photo with (Why??), for touching their butts. Which is unwanted, disgusting, unacceptable - I get it and I agree.
    But the way they deal with it in my opinion is also a cowardly and attention seeking.

But it seems that once you can call yourself a victim these days - you've made it. Your word and actions are beyond criticism then, because there are masses of permanently enraged narcissists out there, that know your pain of having been slighted or left out by the world all too well and will readily lash out against it.

So naturally I thought: Hey, I'm a victim too! I've seen some shit man!

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Worry no more. The solution is here.

I am in complete awe of the brain that came up with this.
    Holy smokes that guy is dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    I don't know much about Feldman. From some quick research it looks like he's been shopping around these stories for decades without ever disclosing the names of the perpetrators.
    Well, as luck would have it, Feldman finally named names. Jon Grissom for starters, Im sure the rest of the names he named will be released sooner or later.

Online records show that Grissom has record for performing lewd or lascivious acts with a child aged 14 or 15 years old. Those records for Grissom give his full name as Cloyd Jon Grissom. That arrest, in 2001, saw Grissom serve time in 2003.

http://www.sexoffendersarchive.com/o...r/view/1039627

Southquarter.com/fms
    I'm not doubting that Feldman is telling the truth at all, but wow, what an attention whore he is.

It is quite obvious that him and his buddy were badly abused at a young age. I personaly feel that Feldman is holding out for damages somehow, as impossible as that seems.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Don't think he'll get that, there's a statute of limitations on this stuff.

I had no idea Bush was that old, but damn he's still such a perverted predator omg! I wonder how much farther they can stretch their whining about this petty garbage.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Don't think he'll get that, there's a statute of limitations on this stuff.
    Not if they were underage, in most states anyway. There's a few states with a limit but for most there is none for crimes of this type against children.

As it should be, natch.

On the topic of separating an artist from his/her actions, I still watch "JonTron" despite his views being made public on immigration, assimulation etc.

He's welcome to his views. I could care less. I just like his crazy random youtube videos.

The Fine Bros tried to copyright the word "react" which was very stupid. Quite a few people unsubscribed, but I'm like meh whatever and stuck with em.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I've always been a big Kevin Spacey fan, but that just seems impossible going forward. Kind of sad, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I've always been a big Kevin Spacey fan, but that just seems impossible going forward. Kind of sad, really.
    Did he rape someone?

Moderator and Priest
    More along the lines of heavy harassment, if the allegations are true.