TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death's Cold Embrace: Mission 2 "A Formula For Success"

A question: where is the key to the locked and unpickable footlocker in the southwest guard house?

The nearby journal suggests it might be carried by one of the guards patrolling outside, but I can't find it on any of them.

It is laying on the floor between the bed and the wall.

Thanks! I'm usually decent at spotting things between beds and walls, but this one slipped by me.

Yandros we may have a problem with emeralds on Normal. I got the ones from the safe but the objective states to find the others and never checks off. Is this an issue? I went onto the next mission but would like to know.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Whoops sorry Stingm, I was mistaken above, there are two sets of emeralds on Normal. I corrected it in that post but again here - the emeralds (on Normal) are found in the office safe, and in the hidden wall safe in Lord H's bedroom.

Any hints for the code to the safe on Expert?

Check out the bookshelf in the guard captain's quarters.

I'm stuck, I don't know how to open the gate to Lord Highwaters father crypt (playing on normal)

@Piotr D.: Look behind the banner

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    @Piotr D.: Look behind the banner
    Sory my mistake, I'm playing on hard...

OK, check the bookshelves in the Captain's room

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    OK, check the bookshelves in the Captain's room
    Burricks, how could I missed it ;-) Thanks!

hi lll
    on expert I am missing 1 secret and 162 from the total loot.. may that amount is contained in the secret I miss? I have library, Highwater's room, the secret with emeralds and one more (the head of the guards room?.. if I 'm not mistaken A hint for the last secret would be fine. Thank you all!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Sounds like you're missing a small panel in Robert's room which has his stash of love letters from Julia.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Sounds like you're missing a small panel in Robert's room which has his stash of love letters from Julia.
    yes! I'll go back to violate his love privacy.. Thank you Yandros for the hint and moreover for the campaign !!

It would seem that one has to grab the front door key off the guard at the start of this map. But I cannot seem to find a point in his patrol schedule where I can reach it without provoking them to run through the side gate. Perhaps I'm rusty or perhaps NewDark is misbehaving. How do I get this key?

chischis: You don't need to get a key. One of the windows looking out onto the street can be lockpicked. Once you're in the grounds, there are two ways in to the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Emerald locations on Expert:
    1) In moneybox in game room
    2) Chest in crypt pit
    3) Lord Highwater's bedroom wall safe
    4) Secret compartment in third floor commons area
    5) In the safe with the formula
    I almost finished this awesome mission, but I still only found 4/5 emerald probes.
    I miss the one in the "secret compartment in the third floor by the commons". Another spoiler, please!

Still expert difficulty
    Last edited by Thinking Robot; 28th Oct 2017 at 18:14.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    chischis: You don't need to get a key. One of the windows looking out onto the street can be lockpicked. Once you're in the grounds, there are two ways in to the building.
    Thank you R Soul, I could have sworn I checked both windows for pickability. That tends to happen when I play, I exclude something completely when I should really double check.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking Robot View Post
    Another spoiler, please!
    Look at the panels between the fireplace and the one of the bookcases.

I'm pretty sure I've looked everywhere (but I bet I've missed the one place), but I cannot find the third stool. In Hard mode at least, Philip is supposed to have it but I can't find anything in his room.

chischis: On Hard, it's actually in the sitting area right outside the library.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    chischis: On Hard, it's actually in the sitting area right outside the library.

Thanks again.

I was surprised that the book on the table inside was unreadable though, I was hoping for more backstory. Also with the safe contents I found all four emeralds, so apparently you'll only find five on Expert.

After reading about the Guard Captain's abuse of Esther, and wanting to help, I find that I can't kill him. I've hit him over 20 times with overhand swings with my sword, blood spills and he grunts, but doesn't die.

AluminumHaste: Just leave him alone.