TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Death's Cold Embrace: Mission 2 "A Formula For Success"

Immortal characters really break immersion......

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Would it be more immersion breaking to kill someone who is then magically alive again in a later mission?

Isn't that usually covered in the "You don't want to escalate this fued, so best not to kill anyone while on the job"

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That objective is there on Expert.

Well, he's screwed anyways, I left him locked in the crypt with the sword, and locked every door behind me and threw away the key. How long is the lord gone for again?

Hmm, playing on hard and I can't end the mission.
    I have completed all the objectives except the emerald optional one.
    I'm at the North gate but mission won't end.

Nevermind, figured it out.

I have to say though, I love your choice of colours, amazing looking missions!

Help please! Can't finde the code for the vault on normal :/

Desperately dodgy geezer
    It's in the locked lockbox on the office desk. The key to that lockbox should be in a hidden wall safe in the Lord's bedroom.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    This Google spreadsheet has a sheet with spoilered details of all of the important items in mission 2 organized by difficulty:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

mission finished, beautiful mansion, lovely design , excellent choice of textures, very enjoyable gameplay and interesting readables, Well done Russ! Moving on to the next mission...

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thanks, Pedro!

There's a large crate in corner of a food storage room (next to the freezer room), which highlights. When frobbed, I can hear a sound of some stone door moving and closing upon another frob. I can't see anything moving though - was the crate supposed to move? And if so, does it open a air vent passage leading to one of the server's family room nearby?
    I'm on GOG's version upgraded to v1.25, in case it might be a script issue...

Desperately dodgy geezer
    The crate itself is supposed to move, allowing you to enter the vent behind it. I've never seen it not move itself before, it's just a door basically. Is something like a small crate perhaps blocking it from sliding?

Ah I love these mansions missions.

Nice try Benny

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    The crate itself is supposed to move, allowing you to enter the vent behind it. I've never seen it not move itself before, it's just a door basically. Is something like a small crate perhaps blocking it from sliding?
    It turned out to work fine after a save. I figured this was because of the body I threw down just beside it.
    It's all good then - I really like the mansion layout! Just need to find a way to the chests hidden down in the hole in the crypt, behind the barred fence. Any hints how do you get there?
    Last edited by PinkDot; 2nd Nov 2017 at 19:23.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Check the nearby area carefully, you'll find it.

Check the nearby area carefully, you'll find it.
    Do you know how much time I have spent in this area..? I'm already acquainted with every texel and polygon of each and every wall... Banged with my sword every single object...

Having said that - only recently I discovered a switch on the archeological light. Is it "warm"...?

EDIT: OK, apparently I did NOT use my sword on every object.... shame on me...

You didn't even need to use your sword for that one!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Yeah, you can simply pull that banner aside by frobbing it! Although it doesn't really matter except for ghosters.

Yeah, I think it briefly highlighted, but the blade of my sword was already in motion.
    Anyway, it's one of those 'How could you miss it?!?' ones...

Vault pin code

It's in the locked lockbox on the office desk. The key to that lockbox should be in a hidden wall safe in the Lord's bedroom.
    Playing on expert. I can't find the 4-digit numbers to open the vault inside Lord Highwater's office. I have spent over 2 hours looking for everything, reading every book I could find... =/ Anybody to help me?
    Last edited by kabir; 5th Nov 2017 at 12:33.

playing on easy, cannot find the third stool

On Easy, all three stools are in the library