TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Death's Cold Embrace: Mission 3 "Rendezvous at the Harlequin"

Desperately dodgy geezer

Death's Cold Embrace: Mission 3 "Rendezvous at the Harlequin"

Please post all questions and comments related to this mission in this thread, and not the main DCE thread.

How do you get in the Harlequin without being seen??, as soon as you open the door they are on full alert and are facing the doorway?/
    Thank you.

You can enter through the window on the 2nd floor

Ah..thank you...guess two eyes are better than just one.

I tried that, I fired a rope arrow at the wooden border of the poster, but cannot reach the wondow sill....

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I tried that, I fired a rope arrow at the wooden border of the poster, but cannot reach the wondow sill....
    The way to get up there doesn't have to do with rope arrows at all. Climb the walls to get onto the roof of the bakery, then from the roof of the bakery you can jump over onto the windowsill of the inn's 2nd floor. This is also how you get into the dressmaker shop in the 1st mission on Expert level where you can't lockpick the front door.

Invisible potion about exit point?

If you look to exit point (south gate?) at the roof of bakery you can see invisible potion above exit point.
    Are there any legit ways to reach that potion, or it was forgotten to remove during mission reconstruction?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    It's not an invisible potion, but a slow fall potion and a health potion.
    To go there, open the window at the Harlequin first, then jump/climb on it from the other side and climp the roof of the Harlequin carefully.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I did forget it was there, meant to remove it. That was originally a secret that was also there in mission 1. I'm sure there's some way to get to it still, but someone like marbleman Unna would have to tell you how.

Keeper of FMs

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    It's not an invisible potion, but a slow fall potion and a health potion.
    To go there, open the window at the Harlequin first, then jump/climb on it from the other side and climp the roof of the Harlequin carefully.
    I got the slow fall & forgot what I picked up. I spent 20 mins or so trying to find a safe way to climb down. That lamp post was helpful until I realized I was trapped.

My skills are seriously rusty. A hint on finding the peeping tom?
    Last edited by pavlovscat; 20th Nov 2017 at 16:32. Reason: lack of practice

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    I got the slow fall & forgot what I picked up. I spent 20 mins or so trying to find a safe way to climb down. That lamp post was helpful until I realized I was trapped.

My skills are seriously rusty. A hint on finding the peeping tom?
    He's afraid of the undead that lives nearby. Or at least he thinks so.

To be more precise, he is one of the residents in the shabby apartment complex (Biltmore appartments, I think).

Still no idea? Use a rope arrow to get into an open window with a wooden plank above it. You may need a few shots until the arrow is in the right position to get in the window, but then you can jump at the windowsill and mantle up. Go into the next room and climb outside the window. Make a jump to the next one on the north wall. Go inside and look around. There should at least be a diary hidden under the bed. In one of the later missions, you can actually use what he has prepared.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Hiya Gretchen!

In the Greenwood Apts courtyard (where the loud victrola plays), you need to think vertically. Also, you may want to go back and do the same in mission 1.

Keeper of FMs

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Hiya Gretchen!

In the Greenwood Apts courtyard (where the loud victrola plays), you need to think vertically. Also, you may want to go back and do the same in mission 1.
    Grrrr! So obvious. Thank you!

You wouldn't happen to have a spare oil can or some WD40 lying around to help with all this rust, would you? It's only fair, after all, DCE dragged me out of retirement. Besides, the rent is due...

EDIT: I went there in the first mission & forgot. Geez. LOL
    Last edited by pavlovscat; 20th Nov 2017 at 18:02.