TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Death's Cold Embrace: Mission 5 "Seeking Counsel With Shadows"

Orfeus: Please use spoiler code.

To answer your question:
    There are two bedrooms down there. Go to the one which has book about poetry. At the opposite end to that book, climb on to one of the beds and you should then see what you're looking for.

and rafter? finally managed to find the switch after hours of frustrating searchin! but its too well hidden ever for seasoned thieves
    Last edited by nickie; 6th Nov 2017 at 05:28. Reason: Added spoiler cover

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Can you please spoiler your posts so that the locations aren't in the open?

The secret in the rafters is in the library in Fairbanks' house. Put a rope arrow up there and you'll see it.

......cannot find the caverns under the mansion......

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Fairbanks described the book switch and showed you the location during the cutscene. It's on the right side where the ladder is if your back is to the fireplace. Climb up the ladder a few steps.

If it doesn't highlight to frob, it means you need to find the information on resurrection first.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Can you please spoiler your posts so that the locations aren't in the open?
    Feel free to send a pm or email if you need anything spoilering. I'm not able to read everything at the moment.

Thank you Russ!!!!

I'm a bit stuck right now. I think I've been to all acccessible areas, even found a secret book in the hammerite library, which I can't frob just read it's title,

but I don't have a clue about the following:

- how to recover the broken elevator button at the basement (I think it's the way into the Fairbanks manor) - nevermind, found one. However, I'm still interested in the more 'clever' way
    - where's the brother on business, who has the key for the restricted library
    - how can one get inside brother Thaddeus' separate house

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ticky; 13th Nov 2017 at 16:54.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    The book will be important after you meet with Fairbanks. Just take care of meeting him and then going back for it, and then the rest will follow. Brother Nathaniel who is out on business will return later on, but not in this mission.

The "clever" way in which doesn't require finding the button is to shoot a moss arrow through the narrow window off the second floor of the electrics building and hit the down button, sending the dumbwaiter down to the basement.

The book will be important after you meet with Fairbanks. Just take care of meeting him and then going back for it, and then the rest will follow. Brother Nathaniel who is out on business will return later on, but not in this mission.

The "clever" way in which doesn't require finding the button is to shoot a moss arrow through the narrow window off the second floor of the electrics building and hit the down button, sending the dumbwaiter down to the basement.
    Thanks a lot! And is the high priest's house accessible in this misson? Because I could not find a key.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    You will get one in good time. Just keep working on objectives.

Just wanted to say WOW Yandros. I finally found time to play and got to this mission so far. I freaking love the atmosphere of the top floor have the hammer's! And really over all. And the bot lady from M1 had me hugging the walls for dear life. I love new voice sets, so immersive and scary. And F YOU for potentially changing her route to go back to the fire blasting room where I was hiding. It seemingly happen after I shut off the electricity to the inventor.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    As I recall she just occasionally goes back there, not based on any player action. But I scripted that over 3 years ago so I may be wrong.

As I recall she just occasionally goes back there, not based on any player action. But I scripted that over 3 years ago so I may be wrong.
    The reason I thought so is I was back there forever, really taking it in and she never came until I threw switch. Etherway, fantastic!

LOL: it took me like ages to perfectly time my way around the guards at Fairbanks, because I wanted to (supreme ghost) clean the place BEFORE going into library. And then realized that all the effort could have been avoided