TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death's Cold Embrace: Mission 5 "Seeking Counsel With Shadows"

Desperately dodgy geezer

Death's Cold Embrace: Mission 5 "Seeking Counsel With Shadows"

Please post all questions and comments related to this mission in this thread, and not the main DCE thread.

Loving this campaign!! Worked out everything so far but in this mission (5) I need to find the ritual description, the bits for it and bring the high priest to the ritual. Found none of it after ages looking. Firstly though where is the High Priests house key?

You'll get that later. First, you need to find a book on the ritual, which is most likely in a huge library of some sort

Thanks! I guessed it should be in the chapel library but I got seasick looking around and frobbing everything in there!!! I'll go back and go slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    Thanks! I guessed it should be in the chapel library but I got seasick looking around and frobbing everything in there!!! I'll go back and go slow.
    Check places where it could be left and not found for years.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    There is also a written clue as to its general location.

Got a bit of jump scare in this one when I went into the inn's window and the female thief gassed me. Also apparently missed quite a bit of loot and secrets.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Even Garrett don't be messin' around with Jill Black.

I seem to be stuck at the very beginning. How do I get into the mansion? I don't have the key to the delivery gate, and the cargo elevator in the basement doesn't work. I guess maybe I'm supposed to replace the damaged button for it, but what with?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Arrowgrab: There is a replacement button for it. Look in a place where such a thing might be found, perhaps in an area where repairs are being done. And if you're clever, you can find a way to use the lift without replacing the button.

Thanks!

Found the necessary item, only it didn't occur to me to look for it at that location, because I'v scoured that place several times before in previous missions.

But I have to ask, both for posterity and because it's driving me crazy: what's the alternative solution? The only thing I could think of is short circuiting the electronics with water, but that didn't work.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Ok, but anyone else reading this, don't spoil yourself unless you really want to:

The alternative way into the Fairbanks manor is to stand on the guard overlook (out second floor of the Electronics building), open the narrow window, and shoot a moss arrow at the down button to send the dumbwaiter down to the basement. That approach was originally envisioned by Polygon way back in 2005 or so.

yeah am having trouble finding the book in the chapel librarya little hint please

trioptimumscapes: Climb the ladders.

cheers can't believe i missed those little ledges

Fantastic missions where the key to the high priest residence

Thank you
    Silent Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
    Fantastic missions where the key to the high priest residence

Thank you
    Silent Warrior
    You'll get it. Just follow the main quest.

yes, I realized this a minute later.
    thank you
    Silent Warrior

moving from the wrong thread ....I only found the peephole any suggestions for the other 4 secrets?
    Thanks!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    There should only be 4 secrets in this mission:

Purse on a rafter - Fairbanks manor library
    Gold hammer icon - Hammer Chapel, sanctuary, atop large hammer statue on south side
    Bunkbed covering secret naughty room - Hammer Chapel, basement barracks, switch on beam by top bunk of bed next to the one that moves
    Armoire covering peephole into Mrs. Robinson's bathroom - Peeping Tom's apartment, armoire moved by frobbing it

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    There should only be 4 secrets in this mission:

Purse on a rafter - Fairbanks manor library
    Gold hammer icon - Hammer Chapel, sanctuary, atop large hammer statue on south side
    Bunkbed covering secret naughty room - Hammer Chapel, basement barracks, switch on beam by top bunk of bed next to the one that moves
    Armoire covering peephole into Mrs. Robinson's bathroom - Peeping Tom's apartment, armoire moved by frobbing it
    thank you!!!!

Where is the info for the keystones? I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

In Thaddeus's library on the 2nd floor. One of the books in the bookcases is it.

Thanks.

i finally managed to find the switch after so much frustration! but its too well hidden ever for seasoned theives
    AND THE RAFTER?
    Last edited by nickie; 6th Nov 2017 at 05:27. Reason: Added spoiler cover