TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Death's Cold Embrace: Mission 6 "Cold Reception"

Desperately dodgy geezer

Death's Cold Embrace: Mission 6 "Cold Reception"

Please post all questions and comments related to this mission in this thread, and not the main DCE thread.

Found a bug, or at least a gameplay issue. Playing at normal (don't read the spoiler unless you're having difficulty and have already found and followed Robert)...

I went bottom to top through this manor the same way I did in the earlier mission; and I found the crypt key before meeting Robert, which means I went through the crypt (and stole that golden urn) long before meeting Robert. Robert goes down to the crypt; after Garrett says "That's where I should confront him", I go through the crypt... and no cutscene between Garrett and Robert. I suspected visiting the crypt before following Robert was the cause so I replayed the mission from near the beginning, left the crypt alone, and didn't go into the crypt until Robert entered it, and I got the cutscene at the appropriate place and was able to complete the mission.

So, the obvious warning to my fellow players... don't enter the crypt until Robert has first entered the crypt.

Great campaign, BTW!

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Found a bug, or at least a gameplay issue. Playing at normal (don't read the spoiler unless you're having difficulty and have already found and followed Robert)...
    Hmm... I'm pretty sure I also went there "to soon", but it didn't prevent me from going back in due time and getting the cutscene. IIRC, I just had to walk right up to the sarcophagus that used to hold the urn. Playing on Expert.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That is correct, Arrowgrab. You just have to approach the grandfather's sarcophagus. I know we had testers do it the way you did prjames and didn't have problems, but if it's possible for it to fail, your words of caution are good.

I think I didn't get close enough to the sarcophagus. After all, if you've already grabbed the urn, you look in there and say, "Oops - something's wrong, I've been through the entire crypt without seeing Robert" instead of getting close to grab the loot.

- prjames

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Good point.

also don't throw bodies down the courtyardstairs, thinking that's an out-of-the-way hiding spot! Robert ran to the foyer and alerted the remaining guards