TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death's Cold Embrace: Mission 8 "The Ritual"

It is possible to mantle. As you pull yourself up, keep holding the run or walk button, and that should stop you falling off.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    It is possible to mantle. As you pull yourself up, keep holding the run or walk button, and that should stop you falling off.
    I think you misunderstood me. The problem is not that I can't mantle up once it's open, the problem is that I can't unlock (and then open) it in the first place, because the lockpicks don't reach far enough. And you definitely can't mantle up BEFORE it's open: the ledge is too narrow, and jumping at it running doesn't even produce the grunting sound that means you've "caught" onto it.

EDIT: Okay, so I just figured it out. It IS possible to unlock it while hanging from a rope, but you need to shoot the rope arrow at a very specific angle. Try to aim so that the arrow's trajectory is as close to right angles with the window blind as possible, and it embeds itself close to the glass.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Things may have changed in some way, but I know at one point you could simply mantle up onto the sill and pick it open. Then, you had to jump back down to open it since it swings outward, and then mantle up into the opening. It was never intended to be problematic like you're experiencing.

The simplest way of all is to just put a rope arrow into the window frame (or shutter if there is one, can't remember for sure) and just hang on the rope while you pick it open. I always did it this way during testing, so I know it works.

this is how i got into book store i just hit the door a few times with blackjack anfguy came out to check,i knocked him out and took key and went in :P,i did not find another way in

i'm desperated
    i've no idea where i can get the missing page oder where can i find the 4 stones ?

playing on normal

@radogal: Read the first few posts in this thread.

i can't find the hidden entrance near the mechanist area

i found research center and i got Wilma#s key , but whre is the hidden entrance?

@radogoal: Through the door south of the drunk's fire, left under the stairs.

i got the stone of death and i found the statue and the button behind, but only a door opened buit there is a second door behind

???

where are the other stones and the missing sheet of the book ??

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i'm desperated
    i've no idea where i can get the missing page oder where can i find the 4 stones ?

playing on normal
    Stones...
    1: Flesh - Freezer inside building next to Mechanist building. Need key from inside Mechanist building.
    2: Spirit - Inside Forbidden Library in the Hammer cathedral. Need to make a long leap off the book stacks on the tables and mantle up to the ledge where you see it.
    3: Life - Keeper area from locked door near the pagan guy next to a campfire. Do the timed mini-puzzle thing.
    4: Death - Graveyard after the keeper area.
    Torn missing page: After you get the Death stone, go back up and you'll see the scary thing from the first mission. On expert the note is in her mouth. On normal I have no idea but maybe in the pool of the black stuff she puked up or in the same area? Investigate yourself. Not sure if it'd be any different, though.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    i got the stone of death and i found the statue and the button behind, but only a door opened buit there is a second door behind
    Go around the corner to the other side and see what happened.

@GUFF: There is a clue to the whereabouts of the missing page in Miller's journal in mission 1. In this mission there is a reminder in a book in the Mechanist Library.

How can i open the grid at Wilnia's office?

How can i open the grid at Wilnia's office?
    Small switch on the underside of desk.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    @GUFF: There is a clue to the whereabouts of the missing page in Miller's journal in mission 1. In this mission there is a reminder in a book in the Mechanist Library.
    I remember the Miller's journal clue from mission 1. I just don't know if this is the same across all difficulties. I only played on Expert.
    Last edited by GUFF; 29th Oct 2017 at 11:51.

Quote Originally Posted by GUFF View Post
    Stones...
    2: Spirit - Inside Forbidden Library in the Hammer cathedral. Need to make a long leap off the book stacks on the tables and mantle up to the ledge where you see it.
    Apparently I'm not looking closely enough. It's easy to get up above the library walls but I can't see any keys anywhere.

@chischis: The key word in GUFF's post is FORBIDDEN - it's not the main library.

Quote Originally Posted by chischis View Post
    Apparently I'm not looking closely enough. It's easy to get up above the library walls but I can't see any keys anywhere.
    Here's a screenshot, it's at my feet in the shot. https://i.imgur.com/qgxravg.jpg -- it's the stone with the pattern on it. If you can't get into this room the key for it is in one of the priest's rooms next to the library

Thanks chaps. I'm probably impatient having to play the same places again... this is a tremendously well made campaign but I don't find much fun in visiting the same places again.

I quite liked it but wished more new/different buildings/areas were opened in the city area since it's literally half of the actual playable missions in the campaign.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That's a very fair criticism, and one I knew would be raised on release. It was just the way this particular story was told, but I don't think I will ever reuse missions to this degree, if at all, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Meat stone? In English it is "flesh" so I suppose it's comparable, but zappen made an interesting choice.
    The english words "meat" and "flesh" both translate to the same word ("Fleisch") in German. That's why translating it back produced a "meat stone".

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Ah yes, I figured it was something like that.

damned i can't find teh missing sheet of paper

See this post.