TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death's Cold Embrace: Mission 8 "The Ritual"

I read this posting but i can't understand and implement this

After you find the Death Stone look for Delilah in the graveyard. It's in her mouth.

I believe the dragonsnap waterweed is in the quill but enable to find it. AM I wrong to believe that it is in the quill. I found a key for a lockbox but where is it?
    thank you
    Silent Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
    I believe the dragonsnap waterweed is in the quill but enable to find it. AM I wrong to believe that it is in the quill. I found a key for a lockbox but where is it?
    thank you
    Silent Warrior
    It is the cabinet upstairs which has a small lock that highlights and which the key will open.

Thank you very much
    Silent Warrior

Help needed,where can i find the key's to Cavador and vilnia office's???

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    Help needed,where can i find the key's to Cavador and vilnia office's???
    Inside Cavador's office which you can access through a window.

Where can I find the restricted library ?

never mind,i went outside

thanx,found it

Any hints on where is the safe in Quilt shop? I found the small bronze key and spent already too much time in this shop looking for its destination...

OK, found an answer in some of the posts above.
    I think there are some things very hard to find in this mission. Even if I look in those places, I still can't find them, cause they're too small and do not get highlighted 90% of cases. A bit frustrating... But, let's carry on - I'm looking forward to the happy end, when Robert and Julia will finally re-unite and live happily ever after and all that... I'm sure, I'm guessing the right ending...
    Last edited by PinkDot; 4th Nov 2017 at 18:57.

where is the secret?

Quote Originally Posted by JoergA View Post
    Where can I find the restricted library ?
    Ok, found it. The concept of revisiting areas to see what has changed is sometimes a bit confusing for me, sometimes really entertaining ( especially the backyard area near the biltmore estate

I'm having a bit of a problem here.
    After picking up the last keystone, the objective didn't check off, so I'm stuck and can't continue.
    I picked up the Life keystone last, having gotten everything else before that.
    I'm playing with NewDark 1.25 with no enhancement packs.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Upload the savegame file and someone may look at it to see what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Upload the savegame file and someone may look at it to see what the problem is.
    Okay, there are 2 saves here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk2x060xzh...Saves.rar?dl=0
    game0007.sav is just before picking up the Life keystone.
    game0008.sav is just after picking it up.

Hope someone can figure out what the problem is.

I cannot explain why it didn't work, but I've fixed the situation so you should be able to continue playing:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/59n2t7...l/game0008.zip

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    I cannot explain why it didn't work, but I've fixed the situation so you should be able to continue playing:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/59n2t7...l/game0008.zip
    WOW, i did not expect it so soon. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Agreed, thank you for helping out R Soul!

Hello

I can not find a life and death key..
    only I have spirit and flesh
    Can you give mi hard spoiler how to get into keeper area couse I can not find enter
    Thank You

Desperately dodgy geezer
    By the fire outside the Mechanist building is a door into a small wooden building. Go in there and go under the stairs, and approach the wall. When the Keeper glyph appears, walk through the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    By the fire outside the Mechanist building is a door into a small wooden building. Go in there and go under the stairs, and approach the wall. When the Keeper glyph appears, walk through the wall.
    I can not believe I missed this door !
    Thank You Yandros

Is there any indication of where to look for the keystones? I remember reading some note about them in the chapel in a previous mission, but I couldn't find it in this one.

I found two street guards whom I couldn't knock out with a blackjack, but I could beat to death with it (producing a metallic sound with every hit). What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmalkin View Post
    I found two street guards whom I couldn't knock out with a blackjack, but I could beat to death with it (producing a metallic sound with every hit). What's up with that?
    They have a metal helmet protecting them from being blackjacked. You can recognize these helmets by the special protection for the wearer's neck. Some people nickname these guards "Dark Helmets" (watch the movie "Spaceballs" if you don't have a clue about that name). They are somewhat rare in fan missions, but every now and then, you'll see a few of them. Usually, this shall lead the player to a more stealthy approach instead of first blackjacking everyone in the mission and then stroll around as if the area was a giant shopping mall. And whacking them to death is possible, but sometimes directly prohibited by the mission goals. If not, you should not forget that slowly hitting the "Dark Helmets" to their death produces a lot of noise, both from the metallic bangs on the helmet as well as the yells from its owner. If any other guards are in the vicinity, this might lead to Garrett being beaten to death instead of the "Dark Helmet".

Concerning the keystones: They're in areas that conform to the sign painted on them. The two you found, the spirit and flesh stones, are found in a library (where the mind reigns, which isn't far from the spirit, so to speak) and a place where one could store flesh or meat (which is almost the same).

I think I did not find any readable that gave hints to the locations of all the keystones, but there is one which contains a dead giveaway on the spirit keystone, as well as mentioning which local group got another one.

There are four or five other readables giving hints about the flesh stone. It's not named in these readables, but one book or letter tells the player exactly where the stone is, and leaves no doubt that it is one of the keystones. Others do at least hint at where the player should look for more information.
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 7th Nov 2017 at 05:41.