TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New T2 Campaign: Death's Cold Embrace (Oct 25, 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    [...] I knew nothing about this project before seeing a link to this page elsewhere, and the OP does not really help. I gather that this is a FM and it's name is "Death's Cold Embrace" but that is about it. What is the premise, who will I be playing, how many missions are there?
    I have not yet completed it, but I think it is a campaign with about six to eight missions in it. You play Garrett, who gets a job to steal some information from a crime scene, but he already has a feeling that he might be drawn into something bigger than just that. And indeed, it doesn't end with this little job. Several places will get a visit from our master thief, and since the rent's always due, more than one transfer of valuable goods into Garrett's loot bag of infinite size will occur.

Is that enough to get you hooked, or will you still resist?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Well, if you read the first post, there's an intro and links to 10 mission threads...

The premise is you're hired by a nobleman to get something from his rival, and get pulled into the conflict between the two families. There are ten missions, of which 7 are "full-sized" missions. Probably 10-15 hours of gameplay, unless you're a very thorough looter or a ghoster, then it's more.

You play as the Grim Reaper. Everyone who hugs you ends up dead. You are sad because you cannot find love.

m00start

baeuchlein you were quick off the mark to see the original post of mine before I edited it because I thought it came across too critical. It must have been up only a minute or two

Thanks for the answers. Sounds interesting and 10 missions is more than Thief 2014 has

Link on taffers at last.

http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/thi...ion/DCE_v1.zip

German version

http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/thi.../DCE_DE_v1.zip

Added the loot list link on taffers
    Last edited by Lord Soth; 31st Oct 2017 at 13:28.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    You forgot the filename there, but I figured it out. Thanks for hosting!

This is GREAT thank you for not letting this slip away Yandros. And thanks to all who lent a helping hand!!!

Will there be a walkthrough and loot list?

Could you please tell me if there will be a walkthrough and loot list coming soon?

Thanks

I just finished this reallly great campaign.

The story was brilliant and all levels were absolutely well made. I loved the countless and well made film sequences in all missions.
    Thanks to all creators and to all participants of this genius project!

Well done!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Lootlists and secrets for all missions will be published later today. There are no walkthroughs planned that I'm aware of.

Important: German taffers need to get this fixed version of MIssion 7: http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/PnpMwNmN/file.html

Desperately dodgy geezer

Lootlists, secrets and Mission 2 items

This Google spreadsheet lists all loot in every mission, and also includes a sheet listing all secrets by mission. In addition, there is a sheet with spoilered details of all of the important items in mission 2 organized by difficulty:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Just completed this marvellous campaign. Amazing work from all involved. Though the final / epilogue mission left me wanting to further explore "modern day Garrett"! (And also made me a little sad that there are still so few mods for System Shock 2...)

So I foolishly began playing this with New Dark 1.24. Haven't had any problems yet... Will I screw up my saves if I upgrade to 1.25 now?

Quote Originally Posted by jonatronatron View Post
    So I foolishly began playing this with New Dark 1.24. Haven't had any problems yet... Will I screw up my saves if I upgrade to 1.25 now?
    I don't think it should be a problem.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Your saves should still load as far as I know. You can always finish the mission you're on before upgrading. Being below 1.25 won't actually break a mission until mission 9 I think, although I may be wrong about that.

Congralations Yandros and all on the release!!!

Just a query about "Disable any upgrades or enhancement packs" - does that include SEEP, the cleaned up sound effects mod? I have manually extracted it to a usermods folder then added the usermods folder to the modpaths. Will this interfere? Maybe if a new blackjack sound has been recorded and not disabling SEEP will cause the new sound to be overridden with the cleaned up version of the old blackjack sound maybe? Thanks.
    Last edited by Cigam; 1st Nov 2017 at 15:30.

That shouldn't effect anything, Cigam. I don't think we hijacked any OM ambients.

Great, I have gotten used to the less hissy versions of the original effects so wouldn't want to lose them. Thanks.

Awesome!!! Sweet!!! Congrats on your release!!!!

Enjoying this one, although it looks a little washed-out and anaemic due to low contrast lighting and tonal treatment. Tweaking gamma doesn't help but I've increased contrast on my monitor which adds a bit more depth.

Regardless, it's shaping into a fine adventure.

Finally finished the campaign. Wonderful job, and thank you to everyone involved!

I just finished this BRILLIANT MAGNIFICENT FANTASTIC FM and already at part 3 or 4 I thought I might as well be in the movies.
    Hilarious to see I was in the end!
    I was lucky to find little Gloria in her bed with Dewdrop under her arm in part two. Thank you sů much for that!!!

This as an awesome trip into the Thiefworld!

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I was lucky to find little Gloria in her bed with Dewdrop under her arm in part two. Thank you sů much for that!!!
    You are welcome my dear! That was added many years ago and I'm glad it finally got released and you noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    You are welcome my dear! That was added many years ago and I'm glad it finally got released and you noticed it.
    Stop you guys you got me all misty eyed :')