TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New T2 Campaign: Death's Cold Embrace (Oct 25, 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    You are welcome my dear! That was added many years ago and I'm glad it finally got released and you noticed it.
    it's impossible not thinking about gloria creep when you see dewdrop

Excellent job on the campaign guys, it's clear a lot of love and sweat went into this and it pays off. I love the urban setting for most of it, and the horror/supernatural elements were at the exact level that I like most.

Congratulations

Just finished the campaign. Congratulations to Yandros and the whole team! Really great piece of work, especially the storytelling. As I mentioned in another thread - I'm not a great fan of undead, but this campaign had a good balance and was quite creative in that area - especially the "Wailing Keep" mission (in terms of creativity, not the balance ).

In terms of the story - I can't believe that Garrett let Clara die and that she did not even try to escape/survive. The gate was like 50 meters away! I know that Garrett is supposed to be a cynical character, but still... he should have saved her.
    But overall - great work on the campaign. And to see it finished after 13 years of development is just incredible!

I just finished it! Thank you, Yandros and company! I can tell you this will become one of my yearly Thief mission replays.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    PinkDot What was he supposed to do? He was just trying to survive himself and it's not like he could have easily carried her out through that environment. Besides,
    she didn't really die... she was at the wedding.

Thank you to all who contributed to this lovely masterpiece! Definitely one that I will play more than once!

I have a problem with this campaign.
    When I want to load the first mission after buying neccessary items, there is black screen only.
    I have Thief 2 patched with NewDark v. 1.25.
    I'm using Dark Loader.
    What should I do?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Which language version are you playing?

I am using Polish version of Thief 2.
    I downloaded this campaign from Thiefmissions (English version).
    I haven't had such problems with any FMs or campaigns(even withthe newest) so far.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Do you have the T2 language set to English or Polish? This would be the setting in the darkinst.cfg file.

Sorry if this has been covered. In the first post it says, "This campaign requires NewDark v1.25 or higher." Could someone please remind me where to check what version of ND I have and how to upgrade it if need be? I think I have the latest but I haven't fired up Thief in ages. I blame Dishonored 2 for that...

EDIT: Never mind. Found it. Gosh, has it really been over a year since I last upgraded things? My poor memory...
    Last edited by Summer; 6th Nov 2017 at 11:13.

I have language setting: English.
    I eventually managed to launch the campaign. I think the files were corrupted because when I was downloading files, Internet connection sometimes was cut off. And I often had to resume downloading. It was maybe due to a large size of the campaign. Today I downloaded DCEv.1 folder from another source. I removed all the data regarding this campaign from Dark Loader file in Dark Loader folder. Then I copied the newly downloaded DCEv.1 folder to Thief 2 folder. I run Darkloader and voila. I can play it.
    Are subtitles included in this campaign?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    No Polish subtitles or translations yet, no. I believe it's being worked on, though. There will be English subtitles on screen for most dialogue though unless you disable them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    No Polish subtitles or translations yet, no. I believe it's being worked on, though. There will be English subtitles on screen for most dialogue though unless you disable them.
    I want English subtitles. There are no subtitles in movies or in dialogues.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    There are no movies in DCE. And there should be subtitles by default in most conversations. Three missions have voiceover introductions which are not subtitled, and a few conversations which are unimportant to the story (and are just unused TG conversations) are also not subtitles. But most are.

Note - the subtitles in DCE are home cooked, as I was halfway through the campaign before NewDark added subtitle support.

Really loving the soundtrack! Especially Pictures at an Exhibition (samuel goldenberg and schmu˙le) and Rite of Spring Who's the classical music buff on the team?
    Last edited by trefoilknot; 7th Nov 2017 at 08:50.

Campaign finished on "Normal" mode, i loved playing this production, its well conceived , all missions provided experiences of high quality... in few words we have all here, great level design with a good selection of textures and new interesting objects, captivating story line , enjoyable gameplay, good intro videos, and some good ambient musics.

Thank you Russ so much for this lovely gift you gave to us!!!

Well that's my Christmas holiday sorted, has it really been 10 years ?

That is dedication for you, thank you

Congratulations on the release, this is going to be epic

Desperately dodgy geezer
    @trefoilknot: That would be me. I minored in music history.

Everyone else: Thank you, glad you all enjoyed it!

That was superb Yandros!
    Just finished on expert. Loved the end-credit idea - and spotting the keeper at the very end.

I'm off to play Pictures at an exhibition loudly out of the window........

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thank you! And that wasn't just any old Keeper, it was Garrett...

Still playing through this, and loving it. I really don't want it to end!
    No hints for me, no sir. I want to enjoy every mistake I make, every patrol evaded, every precious item of loot discovered, every secret eventually found, every nerve jangled, every breath held, every last little WTF moment this campaign has to offer. Phew, for a minute there...I lost myself, but methinks that was your nefarious plan all along.
    Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thank you sir. You'll eventually run into the fellow whose skin you created for me.

Whew, just finished! What an outstanding campaign, Yandros! I loved every minute of it!

Though I do have to ask, where's the end credit scene that teases the next movie in the Thief Cinematic Universe?

Just completed this masterpiece of a campaign! What a labor of love! Thank you, Yandros, and all of you who helped throughout the years! Enjoyed it immensely. One of the best campaigns I've ever played!