TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: New T2 Campaign: Death's Cold Embrace (Oct 25, 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Thank you, Ali! Good to see you!
    Got NewDark up and running, and played about an hour of the first act. Very cool! My Thief skills are a bit rusty after all these years, needless to say. And to think I used to know how to create missions...

I retired from Thief around the same time NewDark came out. Now you have to educate me...Should "New Mantle" be on off to play the missions of this day and age?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I would recommend having it on for any NewDark mission unless the readme explicitly says to disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by neux View Post
    Are there any changes in difficulty levels besides loot requirement?
    There are. Some items used to solve puzzles are found in different places.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That mostly only applies to mission 2. There are also fewer AI on lower difficulties.

How do you disable music? I usually turn off music in all my games - I find it distracting.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    If you must, delete the snd/mus/ folder. That will also eliminate all the music during the intros and cutscenes. The music was all very carefully selected to coincide with the story and scenes, though, so I would humbly submit that you won't enjoy this nearly as much without it, even if you usually don't like music in a FM.

Just wanted to use Photoshop tonight... Beautiful FM. I loved the second mission.

Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive: [TTLG thread]
    DromEd Level Editor Developer Textures Kit: [TTLG thread]

Thank you very much for creating this mission! It was a pleasure to complete (slowly in order to savour it).
    In addition to everything else which has been pointed out: cutscenes, polished and well balanced graphics, long/dark story, careful map design, voice acting, background music, outstanding read-ables ..... there is something else I loved about this mission: the snow.

One thing that makes thief so immersive and mysterious and tense is the fact that almost everything happens at night, often in dark or in shadow.
    In your missions, you added another element: snow, which gives me a warm, cozy feeling especially this time of year.
    The snow inspired me to make some screenshots.
    I wont show a screen shot of "The Ritual" (possibly the best scene ever in a Thief FM) because I dont want to spoil it for anyone.
    But here's some outdoor screenshots including snow.

Last edited by partol; 12th Dec 2017 at 19:19.

Awesome!

What a wonderful campaign! Thank you so much, Yandros.

I am constantly amazed by the quality -- and fun -- of the fan missions. My friends (and kids!) are always asking me what games I'm playing. They snicker when I say Thief 2 FMs. If they only knew what they were missing!

Kudos again.

It's was very funny to stumble upon cross references like Deckard Cain, or the hammerite guard's manual for "Proper Speech" - I had to laugh very loud at that one. Who knows into what else I'll run during my current, comprehensive play. A "Ready to serve, my lord" or "Your soundcard works perfectly" hidden gem, perhaps?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thanks everyone for all the comments. It means a lot!

There are plenty of things in this which are references, although not many which will be as broadly known as the Diablo ones. In fact little in the project was actually made up. There is a document I need to finish and publish which goes into detail about where most of the names came from, and little "did you notice?" things throughout the campaign, as well as explanations for some things that you may have missed unless you've played it multiple times and connected all the dots.

crash

mission 1 ends, mission 2 loadout screen is used, when play mission is selected, game crashes to Desktop. I am fully patched & running 1.25.
    OTE=Yandros;2378877]Thanks everyone for all the comments. It means a lot!

There are plenty of things in this which are references, although not many which will be as broadly known as the Diablo ones. In fact little in the project was actually made up. There is a document I need to finish and publish which goes into detail about where most of the names came from, and little "did you notice?" things throughout the campaign, as well as explanations for some things that you may have missed unless you've played it multiple times and connected all the dots.[/QUOTE]

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I pointed you at a potential solution in the Mission 1 thread, not sure why you also posted it here.