TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ricebug Has Retired

Terry, thanks for all of the walk-throughs! Best wishes to your retirement!

So sad to see you go

Thanks for all the hints and walkthroughs over the years.
    I wish you all the best for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that, Terry but I totally understand. I hope you won't leave entirely and will come back to play a few missions once in awhile. Thank you for all the hard work you've done on the walkthroughs. I know how hard they are to complete and that it's often a thankless job. For what it's worth, many of us are very grateful to have them and anyone who was disrespectful should be ashamed of themselves. You'll be missed, my friend.
    Hi Terry, what Linda said above is to the tee.... With that being said, I'll reiterate it, and say a colossal thank you for all that you have done, and hope to see you around here. I've just downloaded the DCE Mission suite, and will play it soon....

So you're going from "full-on play every mission and write a walkthrough" to "goodbye everyone"?
    If I was doing that I'd be out years ago. Most of the fms are complete garbage. I'm satisified If I can get one good mission per year.

Hope you'll be still around, playing that one good mission we get each year.

you are not obliged to do anything... take your time, relax and play Thief. Those who criticize your efforts will always criticize what they can't do themselves. This community has been vastly helped by you and by people like you. Thanks for all the fish!

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by neux View Post
    Most of the fms are complete garbage. I'm satisified If I can get one good mission per year.
    So this is the promotion for your upcoming FM. You can do better than that. The promotion for Children of Future was much more fun.

@Ricebug: there's an ignore list in your account settings. This will help, even with PNs.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I tend to think people are overreacting to this announcement, my guess is that he's just retiring from writing walkthroughs, not Thief entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by neux View Post
    Most of the fms are complete garbage. I'm satisified If I can get one good mission per year.
    That's a pretty awful attitude and opinion. And who the hell are you again?

Oh, so sad to see you go! I have Cities: Skylines and it is fun but I cannot master it! Oh, well. Thanks for all the work you put in and I hope you stick around the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    So this is the promotion for your upcoming FM. You can do better than that. The promotion for Children of Future was much more fun.
    Perhaps I've come across too negative.
    I'm not promoting my mission here only acknowledging Ricebugs disapointment. I only hope my mission will not be crap, but I doubt many artist have spent so much time on their missions.
    This is not only critique since after playing missions like Caleandras Legacy ones norms definatelly shoot up. I really wish though, that artists would put more effort into their missions 80% of them feel very rushed and empty.
    You wouldn't agree? What percentage of missions released have replay value for you?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Ricebugs retirement has nothing to do with 'bad' fan missions, but with some people being harsh to him.
    Every fan mission is somehow unique. Maybe there are weak fan missions. But hey, we're not professionals and don't have much time for our hobbys. Discouraging authors isn't much appreciated and better suited in the gossip forums.
    CL is a beautiful mission - and it's mostly empty and loud. I like it. So I'm looking forward to your mission. I hope it won't get the crap flag
    I replayed many old missions when I made the dmls. Old missions are the best ones. Did you every played Fall of a Cook? It's empty, bizarre nonsense. And so much fun.
    Shameless self-promotion
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2317392

If you're tired of FM, just let it be for a while. I bet Ricebug is coming back, too.

Thanks for everything you have done and shared Ricebug.

Thanks

Thanks Terry for all your hard work over the years, it has been most appreciated. I can count how many times I have said "I can't figure out where that damn key is located and I am going to just move on to another mission. But wait, I can look at Ricebug's walk-throughs/hints." Excellent work.

Please don't be a stranger!

BBB

Thanks Ricebug for all your contributions over the years.

Its a shame to see you retire because you have done such terrific work,heaven's knows I found them useful while going through Fan Missions,speaking of that I to get back to play through of most if not all Thief 2 Fan Missions.
    Its also a shame to hear part of the reason that lead to you to this decision was people leaving negative comments in your PM box.I just can stand that some people have this idea in their head that its okay to be a jerk on the internet because its all anonymous,its seems some people have never quite learned that if you don't have anything nice to say than say nothing at all.

I don't know how much the PMs played into it, but if you ever feel the urge to come back but don't want to deal with the general public, I can help you deal with them. Maybe the admins can disable your PMs, you can have all inquiries sent to me, and I'll relay any legitimate concerns to you.

I have to deal with entitled idiots via the internet regularly for business purposes, so I'd be more than happy to be help out in this way.

At any rate, thanks for all the walkthroughs, I've certainly benefited a lot from them.

Terry, your body of work is fantastic and quite a legacy to be proud of. Sorry to see you retire from walkthroughs. Don't be a stranger!

Ah bugger you'll be missed hon, take care

I'm really sorry to hear that, Terry, your walkthroughs helped me so many times, and my thanks go out to you for all your hard work and time.
    Hopr this is a temporary goodbye!!!!
    All the best for your life!!!!!