TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricebug Has Retired

Ricebug Has Retired

Any of you taffers want to step up and be a writer of Thief 2 walkthroughs? I've was hoping to last until the end of the year. But, having just seen the 10 missions of Death's Cold Embrace, I just can't do it anymore. I think GORT's campaign did me in. That, and a couple of nasty PMs from unnamed individuals.

As the old saying goes, when it's no longer any fun, it's time to leave. It has been fun, but Cities: Skylines has got my heart. See me over on Steam!

Ricebug

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Sorry to hear it Terry, but I understand completely. There may not be walkthroughs for DCE, but there will be detailed lootlists released within the next day or two. And now that my time is a bit more free, I owe you and your site some of it - I'll be in touch this weekend.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Terry, you retiring from everything? Even mission authoring/building?

Oh Terry, it's a sad news for me, and for all this community... I hope you the best, and maybe someday, you will return to Thief. In the meantime, be happy in your new projects.

I understand why you might have had enough and although I'm sorry to hear you say it, I would like to thank you so much for all the work you put into the walkthroughs. And I do hope it is just the walkthroughs you're talking about.

I'm also sorry to hear you've been subjected to unpleasantness by pm. I would remind everyone who might need reminding that there is a code of conduct in Fan Missions and that also applies to pms.

ty ricebug for all you have done

I'm sorry to hear that, Terry but I totally understand. I hope you won't leave entirely and will come back to play a few missions once in awhile. Thank you for all the hard work you've done on the walkthroughs. I know how hard they are to complete and that it's often a thankless job. For what it's worth, many of us are very grateful to have them and anyone who was disrespectful should be ashamed of themselves. You'll be missed, my friend.

Thanks for your help Ricebug, hope you drop by and enjoy new missions. I've greatly enjoyed your work and fun FM's! God Bless!

Thank you for all your walkthroughs Ricebug - you've helped me find my way on many, many occasions. Sorry to hear you've had nasty PMs - never any need for that pathetic nonsense.

I hope you're still going to be around here

Your walkthroughs offer much needed clarity to the befuddled Taffer. I shall miss them.
    Best of luck to you, in all your endeavours.

Very sorry to hear this Terry. But I understand completely how you feel. Thank you so much for everything you have done over the years. But please tell me this don't include making missions?

Congrats on doing what you want, Terry! And thanks for all your years of hard work on missions and walkthroughs. It's been an honor knowing you here and playing your missions. Good luck and have fun with your new endeavors!

No, I won't be doing any more missions. Can't compete with you techno types.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    You know darn well that most people here will play and enjoy non-techie missions. I'd even say there are plenty of people here who prefer non-techie missions when there is good story and solid gameplay. Don't let that be your excuse to ride off into the sunset, pardner.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Yes, a little visual flair does not (necessarily) a good mission make. See skacky or StinkyKitty for more info.

I am very sorry to hear that, and about my latest campaign. I didn't want it to be that bad. I want to thank you for all of your hard work (and it was a lot of hard work), and I completely understand.

Really sucks that someone was nastly to you while you just gave your free time to help out. Thanks a lot for your huge work on my labyrinthine FM though, I won't forget it!
    Well, take care

Thanx Terry for all the hard work ... BUT ... did you receive an official permission for your retirement? Due to the Thief regulations only the Dayport city council or a Hammerite high priest is authorized to issue a certificate of retirement. I fear that you are still active as long as you can't show us any document like that!
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

All the best in your retirement Terry.

It may be a sad day for all of us to see you move on, but this is a great community and I'm sure someone will step up to the plate and continue your T2 walks.

As for no more Ricebug missions, well hopefully you may honour us with one or two more, but you have left a diverse and impressive set of missions so thank you for everything.

Those are bad news Terry, at least wait a bit more to play my new mission that will be released very soon. Well i hope you won't quit us for good, you have made missions of high quality, you still have much years of life ahead of you i assume, so imagine the productions you could still offer to us fans, and your walktroughs were also a great contribute to our community, at least for me, they helped me to finish so many missions.

We´ve lost already several outstanding members such as Sluggs, Rowena, and other great authors who also have given up doing missions or have deceased.

Thanks for all of your time and hard work over the years, Terry. I appreciate you and I'll definitely miss not having your words and screenshots to help me through the tough parts in upcoming missions.

I'm deeply disappointed to know that people would send you nasty PMs. Thanks for all that you've contributed to the community with your FMs, walkthroughs, and posts. I hope you come around from time to time.

All the best.

A witch hunt needs to be done over this nasty deed, this is the man to do it...
    https://youtu.be/cEvUt2kUg0c
    So soon after I have got better, now this bad news...this has been yet another ratbag of a week.
    P.S, sorry about the (maybe offensive) word shown on the clip..but I love Father Ted and I didn't write it.
    Last edited by Tannar; 27th Oct 2017 at 13:03. Reason: changed the vid to a link for that offensive word in the title

I haven't been here long enough to say a heartfelt thank you, but really, thank you Ricebug. A good deal of things I searched for while dromeding had your name next to the answers. Thank you!

I'm sorry to see you go Terry but I hope you will at least stop by and say hi every now and then!

Thanks for all you have done bro.