TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: 06.nov.72

06.nov.72

55 years away. Just think, Employee #2-4601's grandparents are alive on this earth right now!

SShock2.com

I think an AI overlord will take over a lot sooner than that

And it's almost certainly going to be Google's fault.

SShock2.com

Google, Facebook, Amazon, IBM... take your pick

As if they somehow remembered, Nightdive released a status update video of their work on the reboot of SS1.

Wow, thanks Brad! This is looking good so far. The audio they're narrating from in that video sounds very System Shock-esque as well, and that will be extremely important in the final product.

SShock2.com

I for one am sorry to see the first look from the demo go, but it was a nice teaser at least. I do love that the levels will now focus more on believable layout and flow. I know the haphazard approach from the first game put some people off. They must not have read or listened to the logs to know that by the time the game started SHODAN had revamped the station into a fortress. This new game should be more appealing to a broader range of players then.

SShock2.com

To me everything just looks a bit too 'clean'. Citadel Station was a bloody mess and looked a lot more 'rough' than what I've seen here. But I'm confident I'll end up liking the final thing.

This is mostly pre-disaster*, as I understand it. They'll dirty it up later.

* as in they haven't added in all of the detritus and bodies and broken glass and flickering lights and whatnot.
    Last edited by Starker; 8th Nov 2017 at 02:02.

It all looks heavily Prey inspired to me, which is kinda ironic as Prey was heavily inspired by SS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Schoonmaker View Post
    I for one am sorry to see the first look from the demo go, but it was a nice teaser at least. I do love that the levels will now focus more on believable layout and flow. I know the haphazard approach from the first game put some people off. They must not have read or listened to the logs to know that by the time the game started SHODAN had revamped the station into a fortress. This new game should be more appealing to a broader range of players then.
    I'm one of those people. I didn't find the level design very believable as a space station or a fortress. I like the look of this new video a lot better than the first demo I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    It all looks heavily Prey inspired to me, which is kinda ironic as Prey was heavily inspired by SS2.
    I had a blast in Prey, it took me right back to the immersion of the Shock Universe, much better than the BioShock series ever did.
    That ending though....... I wasn't impressed.

SShock2.com

Don't ruin it for me with spoilers. It's still on my 'to play' list (currently I'm still having fun with Doom)

Quote Originally Posted by D'Arcy View Post
    Don't ruin it for me with spoilers. It's still on my 'to play' list (currently I'm still having fun with Doom)
    You bet! It's definitely a subjective experience either way, let me know your thoughts if you ever get down to it. DooM rocks!