TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    ...but it doesn't seem that there's that much depth to it...
    I haven't played the demo so I can't speak to it, but lacking in depth is the last thing I would say to describe the full game. Besides even the unique moveset for each character and the variety of Arms, which, yes, fall into some broad categories but all of which behave very differently, the core fighting mechanics have enough subtlety on their own that as I played it over the weeks, I was continuously discovering better strategies and refining my game. And I'm still pretty bad at it as far as it goes, barely having ventured into the competitive scene. I will say that playing a human being is much different and interesting than the AI, though. The AI can be a little clairvoyant sometimes.

But, anyway, glad you at least tried it.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to Switch some time during the year but Cosmic Star Heroine is out in August.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/11...ntendo-switch/
    http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/11...ntendo-switch/
    Gonna cop CSH for sure, even though I already have it on PC and am getting the PS4 Collector's Edition from Limited Run Games.

Switch is a RPG machine for me.

Southquarter.com/fms
    This looks kinda interesting. Out on Sept 4th.

Has anyone here picked up Octopath Traveler yet? I'm looking for a well-informed review so I can decide whether or not to purchase it myself at full price.

Moderator and Priest
    I've been wanting to, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

The one thing I've read about it that gives me some pause is that the 8 characters each have their own stories that don't cross or interact with each other in any way. They won't even talk to each other during big story scenes, basically acting as tourists in each others lives. I thought that kinda sucked a bit.

Though I hear the individual stories are interesting, and the gameplay is excellent, especially if you like difficult oldschool JRPGs with 20 minute long edge of your seat boss battles.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I went to pick up a couple of titles for my Switch today, and realized - the Nintendo Eshop doesn't have a freaking shopping cart. So for every game you buy, you need to do individual transactions.

WTF? This is has to be one of the worst setups ever for an online store. I guess I've never bought more than one game at a time before so I never noticed. Between this and the fact that after being out for a year and a half, I still can't play Super Metroid on my Switch, I'm really shaking my head at the big N at the moment.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Looks like Titan Quest is in need of some severe patching. Also doesn't include the latest expansion, Ragnarok. They really want $40 USD for this? THQ Nordic finally f*cked it up.

Level 10,000 achieved
    PICROSS S2 IS OUT, BABYYYYYYYY

Besides Celeste I've just been using the Switch for relaxing puzzle games for the last half year. Starting with Picross S, then once I finished that Pic-A-Pix Deluxe, which is like Picross but with colors and worse pixel art and not quite as good. I also played Hexalogic, which was short and sweet and cheap and seriously too short.

Moderator and Priest
    Valkyria Chronicles 2 demo is out today for Switch and PS4!

...but not the PC, cuz you guys are undeserving heathens.

And Okami in two days. I need another romantic ambient adventure game to play before bed now that Breath of the Wild is basically done.

Moderator and Priest
    Don't listen to Abysmal, Aja. Issun's awesome.

Chakat sex pillow
    Oh, I'm sure Aja already knows. Too bad for Abysmal, I guess. And I guess he didn't like Ocarina of Time too, huh?

HEY! LISTEN!

Moderator and Priest
    WATCH OUT!

You might get what you're after

Issun is cute, and I like the touch of green he adds. I can see how Okami’s giant walls of text could be off-putting to some, but in my memory at least the writing was sharp, and I enjoyed it at the time.

Moderator and Priest
    For those of you wanting to get into the nitty gritty technical aspects of all the ports, with the major focus being the Switch release: DIGITAL FOUNDRY TO THE RESCUE!

If there is one thing that'll make the Switch version the one to beat, it'll be the touchscreen controls while in portable mode.

Happy to report that Okami on Switch is wonderful although I find drawing with my finger actually slightly more difficult than using the joystick. For the first couple hours I kept thinking "Mm, maybe this hasn't aged as well as I thought," but you just have to remember that the tutorial section is gigantic, and once you get past it the vast, rich world sprawls out ahead of you, brimming with character and charm, perhaps even more so than the games it lovingly imitates.

Moderator and Priest
    Okami and Crash Bandicoot gotted! Now I can play games I already played again, but this time different!

Southquarter.com/fms
    Yes, been waiting for this. Hyper Light Drifter on the Switch, next week, with a bunch of extras:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...itch-next-week

Moderator and Priest
    Here's another game I was interested in that I'm glad I skipped out on for entirely arbitrary reasons, cuz now I can get it, and get it ON. THA. GO!

Observer NS. The NS stands for Nintendo Switch.

And yes, I'm tempted to get Hyper Light Drifter again, but damnit, I need to quit rebuying old games.

My Dual Shock 4 has become increasingly less stable in connecting to my PC since the last major Windows update, so today I tried connecting m Switch Pro Controller. Windows detects it right away, and then Steam recognizes it and can apply the right profile (you can even use a Nintendo profile, which switches the face buttons to their annoying backwards Nintendo equivalents). So far it seems to work great!

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    And yes, I'm tempted to get Hyper Light Drifter again, but damnit, I need to quit rebuying old games.
    Or in that case a fairly new game (2016), lol.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678