TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW T2 MISSION: "FTM Life" (13-Nov-2017) updated to v1.1

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i already got the pee device i need chest thing?, also i checked fields for cat seen nothing and where is item for my pocket?

also i found a girl in a backyard standing i think with gardening gloves on and for a split second she lit up but was not able to frob her? does she have a quest for me also?
    the pee device is found near a jeep car, inside a metal tool box, the binder is found in a bathroom that is on a second floor of a house, you need to go via roofs, the packer is found below a bed in the room that has a tiger photo

that maid has no quests for you, just a working lady.

Thank you Bill and Colin for your collaboration and support on this project.

Thank you Michael, Lord Soth and Andrew for hosting my mission in your websites
    Last edited by Cardia; 11th Nov 2017 at 05:12.

I´m sorry that some players are going through low FPS gameplay , i tried to make this as accessible as possible. This mission was suppose to be released with higher resolution textures, but not all people have strong pc so i reduce alot of the textures and sound quality to make the game performance more fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    the "item for my pocket"...do you mean the item to stand and pee?,lol....its in a blue metal toolbox on a bottom wooden shelf unit in like a garage storage area
    the cat.....the lady said its in a field area...but I have not found it yet,so check all open field areas

a most peculiar unique FM..
    the same place you found the STP device you can find also Tobias among the high grass

Andrew could you post also screenshots of the second mission in your web page Thief dark fate?

Lili est-ce que tu peux ajouter des images de la deuxičme mission sur le site Thief et ses fans missions ?
    Last edited by Cardia; 11th Nov 2017 at 05:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Just 'cause I quit writing walkthroughs doesn't mean I'm leaving the community. I like the missions and I love the people on these forums.
    It's good to know you´re not quitting us after all , you´re right this forum is filled with lovely friendly people and high quality missions than can be better than many commercial games.

Why don't you just write everything in one single reply LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    Why don't you just write everything in one single reply LOL.
    Because i don't know how to do manually multiple quotes , and because it addresses to many people

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    This mission was suppose to be released with higher resolution textures
    Even higher? The textures are already top-notch

Agreed. Great atmosphere, love the music too! Bravo, Pedro.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    This looks awesome.
    I can see the framerate dropping at some places, but it isn't that bad on my PC. But you might consider an update, since the map isn't optimized well.

1. DromEd.exe takes about 1.1 GB RAM, thief2.exe takes about 1GB RAM. That means, the textures aren't optimized.
    Convert the textures in FAM and obj/txt16 to dds with mipmaps. This will be like a performance boost.
    2. Use LODs on far distance objects.
    1+2 have been already suggested to you on TEG.
    3. Room brushing isn't good. Type show_bad_rooms in DromEd in order to see the missing room brushes in game mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    This looks awesome.
    I can see the framerate dropping at some places, but it isn't that bad on my PC. But you might consider an update, since the map isn't optimized well.

1. DromEd.exe takes about 1.1 GB RAM, thief2.exe takes about 1GB RAM. That means, the textures aren't optimized.
    Convert the textures in FAM and obj/txt16 to dds with mipmaps. This will be like a performance boost.
    2. Use LODs on far distance objects.
    1+2 have been already suggested to you on TEG.
    3. Room brushing isn't good. Type show_bad_rooms in DromEd in order to see the missing room brushes in game mode.
    Unna how to i convert the fam textures to dds mipmaps? I have photoshop, fraps and paint.net, is it possible to do it with those programs?

Thank you MarbleMan and Colin

ok i got all objectives complete for mission 1 , except for loot i got 8132, i will come back to mission 1 for loot later

i love this map a lot

i did a bit of map 2 already and its way harder where do i use the key i found,also where do i use shovel? ,the way i got in the warehouse was wrong i jumped over river to access the area ,but found sunglasses there

love the dogs a lot in both missions

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    ok i got all objectives complete for mission 1 , except for loot i got 8132, i will come back to mission 1 for loot later

i love this map a lot

i did a bit of map 2 already and its way harder where do i use the key i found,also where do i use shovel? ,the way i got in the warehouse was wrong i jumped over river to access the area ,but found sunglasses there

love the dogs a lot in both missions
    What's the name of the key?

the shovel can be used to open a window balcony

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Unna how to i convert the fam textures to dds mipmaps? I have photoshop, fraps and paint.net, is it possible to do it with those programs?
    paint.net will do it, Photoshop with dds plugin as well. Fraps is somehow inaccurate in this series of programs

paint.net will do it, Photoshop with dds plugin as well. Fraps is somehow inaccurate in this series of programs
    so all i have to do is save as and choose dds. format? can i do it with object textures as well like the png formats?

No, png isn't allowed. Save as dds with mipmaps. Ask on TEG if you need more help. This issue has already been discussed 100 times.

No, png isn't allowed. Save as dds with mipmaps. Ask on TEG if you need more help. This issue has already been discussed 100 times.
    Thank you very much Unna, i have also irfanview, but apparently i can only save in dds.format with paint.net. shoud i save it in medium quality, or lower or high quality?

about the LODs on far distance objects they don't work on my mission as we talked before.
    Last edited by Cardia; 11th Nov 2017 at 08:30.

Unna, i´ve tested some textures in dds, some of them get a really strange quality that i don't appreciate that much , when you save a dds texture which option do you choose, low, medium or high quality?:

Last edited by Cardia; 12th Nov 2017 at 10:37.

Woah, 7 fps in the open area, on modern hardware. You're really pushing the old engine hard. The whole location has its charm, but maybe it would be better as a personal Unreal / Unity project? I kind of looks like one already. And those engines would handle such number of objects and polygons.

Very unqiue thema and setting for a campaign, Cardia!
    I really like it and would want to see more.
    (Although my machine is breathing heavily as well when running this mission)

I am at the end of the second mission, but can't figure out where the riddle about laughing, shock, sadness and happiness is supposed to take me, so I am stuck searching for the schematics

Thanks for release, Cardia!

First of all, I was amazed about the city layout and its immense love for detail. I loved to steal garden gnomes, laptops, sunglasses, radios, a football and other modern stuff. It is more of a "sightseeing FM" like the recently released FM "Nosferatu", so I dind´t expect too much.
    The story is... um... somewhat unusual, but it was very detailed and lovely executed.

Sadly there were huge performance drops in the main streets of the first mission. Right after I leaved the starting house, the performance dropped heavily. If the player stands in the middle of the map or in smaller areas everything was okay. But climbing on the rooftops gave my machine another heart attack. I just bought my new computer two years ago...
    The second mission didn´t work for me, Thief crashed to desktop right at the end of the loading screen, so it was unplayable to me (I used New Dark 1.25).
    I guess, the game engine wasn´t created for open spaces in this size...
    Last edited by Thinking Robot; 11th Nov 2017 at 17:35.

Gnartsch, i´m glad you like it, sure i will do more when i realize players here have better machines to run missions like this one, and preferably if New Dark gets to have more updates.

as for the code: there's a diary that you find near a gymnastic chair near the starting point, the diary contains clues for the code

if you want to figure quickly the code, the mission zip file contains a folder with the code solution.

Thinking Robot, many thanks for the compliments, have you read well the first post regarding the issue of loading the second mission? About the game performance i´m really sorry, but i did it as most accessible as possible without compromising much the quality of the mission. load the second mission separately to run it without crashes.
    Last edited by Cardia; 11th Nov 2017 at 17:47.

Thank you for the information Judith.