TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW T2 MISSION: "FTM Life" (13-Nov-2017) updated to v1.1

Southquarter.com/fms
    Hmm, I'm crashing on both missions as soon as I leave the beginning apartment. This happens on both combined missions pack and the individual ones. My computer is not that old, bought it only about 4 years ago. For the people who are able to run the FM, what kind of computers do you have? I'm running an i7 with 16 GB Ram and a Radeon 7970 3 GB. I don't have any mods enabled, so that isn't it.

i loved this set of missions i will be loading it up to just chill with the people of the city,the music was great,and i think i saw cardia npc in mission 1,wont spoil where

also loved the fact each map gave a differnt feeling due to sky box/etc ,i loved that alot also

my comp spec's https://imgur.com/a/QQJh2

i plan on getting from 1.6 ghz to 3.0 ghz or something close to that,also on ram i think next upgrade is 8.00 gig from 4.00 gig

and as far as my 64 bit system there a double version 128 but not sure thief needs that?

brethren from what you put you should be running it better then my comp,i got zero crashes
    Last edited by downwinder; 11th Nov 2017 at 21:45.

thank you Cardia for your new mission! It looks great!
    It runs almost ok on my laptop so far except for some lag on the streets. (i7 ,RAM 8G, GeForce GT 640M)
    My only "complain" is all this negative, sad and miserable feeling that is created through ALL the readables. I am only at the 1/3 of the loot and I have already considered ways to end my life. Don't get me wrong...I know too about crisis, migration, money shortage, job hunting and so on..I live it, I am from Greece...that is also one of the reasons we play video games... and Thief. To have some time outside this sad reality and to steal money from fictional non existing NPCs. The mere fact that I see all these real people in the pictures makes me feel a bad person to take their belongings. Really!
    I have come to know from all these years here that this is you, your style, emotional and concerned and I appreciate it but I think that your so nice creation would benefit more and be even better if more balance was applied.
    But this is just my personal opinion and I 'm by no means telling you what to do or how to make your missions.
    This aside it is an awesome work!

Southquarter.com/fms
    Turns out my issue has something to do with NewDarkLoader. When I use FMSel, everything works OK. Anyone else having better luck with NDL? I'm using the newest version, 1.5.5.

Steve, i forgot to add me as AI creature there, but my voice is present in the hostile ai creatures.

Im glad you enjoyed both missions

Nightchild, I know Greece, i visited Athenas a bit around and Santorini islands in 2000. Greece reminded me a bit Portugal in some aspects, but Greece as left the crisis situation some time ago, right? Portugal is still a mess regarding life's quality. Sure i could add more positive diaries, but honestly i don't know much happy cases in Portugal, everyone has always problems messing with their life. im glad youre enjoying though and hope youll love also the second mission.

Michael, i thought you were able to run both missions , i use Darkloader 4.3 .
    My pc needs also an upgrade regarding Memory RAM . The rest i have allows me to run well the mission, maybe a bit laggy in the second mission in two areas. I have a GTX 760 video card and a good processor .

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    as for the code: there's a diary that you find near a gymnastic chair near the starting point, the diary contains clues for the code
    I am not ready to solve a code yet, because first need to find out where I would need a code.
    So, I haven't found the secret room or the place where I should use the three keys yet.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 12th Nov 2017 at 05:50.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I am not ready to solve a code yet, because first need to find out where I would need a code.
    So, I haven't found the secret room yet.
    the diary that contains the code is well visible, outside/behind the house n2

Sorry for not making myself clear enough.
    Where do I need to use the 3 keys - or the code?
    I can not find any secret place.

EDIT: Found the answer in DromED. Question solved.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 12th Nov 2017 at 07:45.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Sorry for not making myself clear enough.
    Where do I need to use the 3 keys - or the code?
    I can not find any secret place.
    the place youre looking for is inside the factory, a door disguised as wall, youll need a crowbar to open it

@Brethren NDL works fine for my laptop.

@Cardia just FYI, the minimum monthly wage is around 400-450 for an 8++ hours per day work while an average flat rent is 200-230 per month, a loaf of bread is 1-1,20 milk 1-1,20 , people that are paid a bit more than 1000 are now considered as rich and people taken away their houses by banks and living at the streets are a daily routine, as it is people jumping off from any given high enough spot . "Crisis" might have been averted...but only for the banks welfare. Sad enough.

Hi. I think i am stuck pretty well... first mission, expert mode...

1 8292/9867 loot, and i think i visited all the places i could reach - what to do now?
    2. gnartsch mentioned 3 keys, i found only 1, and used at the proper place, but where is the other 2? And the code?
    3. there is a cat on the roof of house nr 53 two guys are standing in front of it, and there is a woman with green gloves in the backyard, should i take that cat?
    4. where is the factory with the secret door?

thanks!

This mission made me surprise, very unique and lifelike city, in our days. The diaries are really sad, except the one of "Christine" who moved to Portugal and now she continues building the 2nd part of her mission Rabenbach - or it would be great, best wishes to her and her family

Quite hard mission hard to find loots
    Last edited by Cheela; 12th Nov 2017 at 09:34.

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    @Brethren NDL works fine for my laptop.

@Cardia just FYI, the minimum monthly wage is around 400-450€ for an 8++ hours per day work while an average flat rent is 200-230€ per month, a loaf of bread is 1-1,20 € milk 1-1,20€ , people that are paid a bit more than 1000€ are now considered as rich and people taken away their houses by banks and living at the streets are a daily routine, as it is people jumping off from any given high enough spot . "Crisis" might have been averted...but only for the banks welfare. Sad enough.
    Then the situation in Greece is worst than i thought , in Portugal minimum wages are around 500 euros and something, but flat rents for example in Porto are very expensive they go usually between 400 and 500 euros, bread is very cheap in Portugal as well as milk. At leas you Greek people have very accessible flat rents.

since i never heard again about Greece economic situation in the news i assumed everything was already alright, but apparently the crisis has only gone for banks.

Next time i do a mission like that i will add more diaries with positive entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Hi. I think i am stuck pretty well... first mission, expert mode...

1 8292/9867 loot, and i think i visited all the places i could reach - what to do now?
    2. gnartsch mentioned 3 keys, i found only 1, and used at the proper place, but where is the other 2? And the code?
    3. there is a cat on the roof of house nr 53 two guys are standing in front of it, and there is a woman with green gloves in the backyard, should i take that cat?
    4. where is the factory with the secret door?

thanks!

This mission made me surprise, very unique and lifelike city, in our days. The diaries are really sad, except the one of "Christine" who moved to Portugal and now she continues building the 2nd part of her mission Rabenbach - or it would be great, best wishes to her and her family
    Hi Cheela the keys that Gnartsch mention are from the second mission.
    You have a lootlist inside the mission zip file.

leave that cat, its not the one you need to look for

the factory with the secret door is in the second mission

Im glad you're enjoying my mission im sure youll like the second part as well. youre right i could have added more positives life stories in those diaries, but people get bored reading good things.

I made walktrough videos for both missions:

Senhora da hora (Part 1):

S. Mamede de Negrelos (part 2):

people get bored reading good things.
    Thank you, that loot list is a good help - and the walkthrough videos too

Getting bored reading good things? in my personal opinion, here is so much pain in the world, we do need good things.
    Oh, these parts of a city ( or two cities) are mostly so beautiful, i love several houses! Are the terrains based on real, existing cities?
    it is great getting around these places and looking into houses, homes, and oh, those family photos but it is so sad, that according to the story, these places are full of misery and suffering, so much pain and tragedy, almost in every homes..., moreover, they must berobbed out oh poor guys
    But! In spite of the frustrating stories the missions are great work love the houses and the environment of 2nd part! Nice! I wonder how it will end.

Thank you for the compliments Cheela, im glad you are enjoying both missions.

Yes the houses are based in real places, did you read the first post? it has links that shows you the real places that were my source, thank you good earth

What you see it's not a touristic area, i though that for this story it would be nice to create melancholic areas, My sister didn't like the idea that i show these areas of Portugal

There is not surprising end for this mission story, it has an open end , im not sure i will continue this FTM journey in more missions, probably not im tired of this FTM story, but i will definitely build later more missions like this one .
    Last edited by Cardia; 12th Nov 2017 at 15:31.

Thank you for the compliments Cheela, im glad you are enjoying both missions.

Yes the houses are based in real places, did you read the first post? it has links that shows you the real places that were my source, thank you good earth

What you see it's not a touristic area, i though that for this story it would be nice to create melancholic areas, My sister didn't like the idea that i show these areas of Portugal

There is not surprising end for this mission story, it has an open end , im not sure i will continue this FTM journey in more missions, probably not im tired of this FTM thing, but i will definitely build later more missions like this one .
    Wow, i missed the google earth links, great job! It is good that you showed us these regions. I hope one day you will continue this FM - or create something new.

A question: next to the guy asking for his Casio watch there is a metal gate,
    and a few steps leading into somewhere in the rocks
    can we go there?

thanks for all
    Last edited by Cheela; 12th Nov 2017 at 14:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Wow, i missed the google earth links, great job! It is good that you showed us these regions. I hope one day you will continue this FM - or create something new.

A question: next to the guy asking for his Casio watch there is a metal gate,
    and a few steps leading into somewhere in the rocks
    can we go there?

thanks all
    I will do more zones of Porto in future missions but probably with different stories.

No you can't go through that gate.

i am so glad to see you will be doing more,i love modern fan missions,also watched walk through of mission 2 and wow i missed a lot of area's,you did a amazing job of packing in space to explore

you did a amazing job,i am super impressed

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i am so glad to see you will be doing more,i love modern fan missions,also watched walk through of mission 2 and wow i missed a lot of area's,you did a amazing job of packing in space to explore

you did a amazing job,i am super impressed
    Thank you so much for the compliments, and im hapy to know you enjoyed it. Yes ill do more in the future next time i have planned night atmospheres. but before i will do some typical thief missions in between.

sounds great,also i was super happy to see the water/bone dish in mission 1 and the dog making sure no one trys to take it :P

also in mission 1 the air was fresh and sky was brite and amazing,i wont lie i did end up having one of those gardeners chase me ,probably cause i was stepping on his garden plants but i ran to a backyard and jump the wall over a bbq ,he decided to chill at the bbq the rest of the mission so i was happy

ohh i also loved the rest area with system shock tables and trash cans

and did anyone besides me find the nuka cola soda machine omg it was like wow its in thief a bit beat up ,but so cool

also cardia if you make a update to make it run better i will forsure want it

will be cool one day to have the entire porto series,the amount of emotion in them is great

also please in furtue porto series if you can add some american voices/conversation/etc

that girl in mission 2 behind where the watch was ,wow she was yapping away ,i had no idea what she was saying but it sounded interesting

ohh one last thing the wall art/graffiti was perfect made mission 1 feel perfect
    Last edited by downwinder; 13th Nov 2017 at 04:56.

Noted Steve, the girl in the second mission complains that she felt tired being participant in the live tv show "House of secrets" she had a dispute with one of the concurrent , im not sure i will add american conversations in the next missions, it doesn't make much sense since Portuguese is the language spoken in Portugal.

Those graffiti, stamps , tags gave me alot of work, but it was fun to add them

Both full campaign and separated versions have been updated to V 1.1, check the first post for links, here's the following changes:

-added a diary i forgot to add in the previous version
    -converted some high resolution textures to dd.s format for a slight better performance
    -adjusted the resolution of some textures
    -updated the readme file

Hmmm... at least the updated full campaign version v1.1 appears to be broken.
    Downloaded it twice, but it isn't a valid zip.

I made walktrough videos for both missions:

Senhora da hora (Part 1):

S. Mamede de Negrelos (part 2):
    Thanks, it helps a lot.

(Interesting, that the shown frame rate is exactly the same framerate output of my machine )