TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NEW T2 MISSION: "FTM Life" (13-Nov-2017) updated to v1.1

Thinking Robot, the framerate in the videos is slower because having fraps recording makes the gameplay performance much more laggy/slower.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Hmmm... at least the updated full campaign version v1.1 appears to be broken.
    Downloaded it twice, but it isn't a valid zip.
    I don't understand, the link works for me, there's no pre-visualization of the file but it can be downloaded.

Same problem for me, link works, but zip is not valid. File is corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Athalle View Post
    Same problem for me, link works, but zip is not valid. File is corrupt.
    Mince! Je vais réparer ça... Merci Lili

Thanks Gnartsch for noticing that error, i will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Just 'cause I quit writing walkthroughs doesn't mean I'm leaving the community. I like the missions and I love the people on these forums.
    And I for one love you to Terry. I often use your walkthroughs.

Success on the release Pedro.
    I didn't finish the betatest due to an exam I have to study for.
    So some parts will be new, even for me.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Alright the link provides a new mission zip hosted, you can verify.

Gloria, i though you had finished the testing, i hope the exam went well to you.

It's perfect now! Thank you, Pedro!

Quote Originally Posted by Athalle View Post
    It's perfect now! Thank you, Pedro!
    De rien! Je t'en prie

For those who played the previous version 1.0, here's the diary that was not available (maybe i had deleted by accident) :

and here its content :

Hey Pedro, these missions are beautiful! I have some free time now, not so much to play DCE yet, but I started this. It is true that the story is a bit strange to me, but there are a lot of fun here I like it's filthy Postal feeling about the grey weekdays. I'm at the abandoned factory in mission 2 and I don't know what I do with those planks on the door, but I'll figure out later Thanks!

Thanks for playing Csabo, i just played recently "Nosferatus" and i loved it alot! You keep bring beautiful missions like that one and i will continue to try to bring interesting missions of all types of themes.

As for the wooden planks in the factory, you see the screenshot above with the chair and the diary above? in this area near the sacs and bundles of straw you can find a pickaxe that can be used to destroyed those wooden planks

Cardia,
    Thanks for these great missions!
    Great atmosphere, story and a lot of new objects.

Quote Originally Posted by karstenpontoppi View Post
    Cardia,
    Thanks for these great missions!
    Great atmosphere, story and a lot of new objects.
    You´re welcome, glad you like it and thank you for playing it

I want to apologize everyone for committing the error of forgetting to add a chicken clucking which is a creature almost always present in our lifes, another time i won't forget it:

Hahaa, those cool things from my young ages, a poster of Scooter, a funny picture of Pippi Langstrumpf (or what is her name in english), Nesquik cacao powder, and so on... I think i haven't played such a mixed mission, thief and our real life met here. Sometimes i forgot that actually i was playing thief. Nice experience.

I wish i could understand what the angry owners were yelling at me when chasing me along the street
    Last edited by Cheela; 14th Nov 2017 at 13:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Hahaa, those cool things from my young ages, a poster of Scooter, a funny picture of Pippi Langstrumpf (or what is her name in english), Nesquik cacao powder, and so on... I think i haven't played such a mixed mission, thief and our real life met here. Sometimes i forgot that actually i was playing thief. Nice experience.

I wish i could understand what the angry owners were yelling at me when chasing me along the street
    And if you were Portuguese you would recognize alot of that nostalgic information like the Olá glaces and the Frisumo, i´ve placed things from my childhood times, there are a few Portuguese players in this community they will recognize those pictures and the languages (speaking of which i wonder where are they), you don't want to know what those owners say, it's only bad swearing and it's me who made those records with my voice
    ahhh you recognized Scooter in a picture

My next mission will be Thief 1 style mission, a medieval city, but later in a time when i realize people have better computers i will do more of these modern mission with alot to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    when i realize whether the old engine can support it properly
    Fixed that for you! Please understand, it's not other people's computers, but the old engine being pushed too far.

What Max said. No offense Pedro, but you probaby won't get stable 60 or even 30 FPS on NASA supercomputers in this mission.

hmmm, in my computer is works well the mission, few are the occasions where i get the game performance a bit laggy, not much annoying to me.

But i believe that within a couple of years this mission will have a fast performance in many computers.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    Fixed that for you! Please understand, it's not other people's computers, but the old engine being pushed too far.
    Ahhh i understand now, it means the problem is not mainly in the people's computer but rather in the Newdark engine limitations , is that right?

So that means that NEWdark could be upgrade in the issue?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Uhm, well it might, but probably from a performance standpoint we're already getting all we ever will get out of NewDark. I think the point they're trying to make is, your mission is laggy for lots of people primarily because of how you made it, not the engine's limitations or people's system limitations (although those both play a role certainly). In other words, it is likely still possible to optimize your mission more so that it performs better on most people's machines in the current version of NewDark.

i agree yandros i feel open area's with distance always have problems with a lot of textures at one,but i know a 100% solution

you have to use "higher walls"/hill or mountains/etc to block one area from another in view so the engine don't have to work as hard,i have played every mission and the ones that use dividers in a sense have the best frame rate,but designing a map with all that is needed is more work for it to run better for the player

there is really only 3 missions so far i cant run well enough to play on a 1.6 ghz processor,way more advanced then when thief first came out,most people now run a minimum of 3.0 ghz processor,so any problems being had is from game engine or design on map

also i otice high grass causes issues,first time i seen this happen was on that farm fan mission,and some of the yards in mission 1 of ftm had lag in the fields

i saw bentrax came up with some way to use high grass with out lag but i might have read it wrong,but he has videos on his youtube showing a demos of them
    Last edited by downwinder; 14th Nov 2017 at 20:31.

Thank you Russ and Steve for your advice, well sure i could optimize the mission( add walls, remove objects...etc), but for the moment i will leave the way it is, i´ve tried to use only dds.format textures but it doesn't make much difference and also i don't like the dds. textures quality, they are displayed in the game in a strange way. If i released this mission it's because regardless the laggy areas is still playable and enjoyable...at least for me, if NewDark gets to be improved regarding this problem so much better and if future pc will allow to run this faster also so much better, but for now be satisfied with what you have

Lagging as hell for me too on the streets and this is not an engine problem but a rendering problem and requires a monster PC. The too many high poly objects and transparent vegetation on a large field of view causes this, together with the too many brushes in a field a view. All these consumes many FPS not only by CPU GHz but rather from video performance and memory. There are some optimiztation solutions but I would rather omit those high poly elements replacing them with other low polies. As I guess blocking the FOV with brushes is not a solution for you. Also avoid the unnecessary high resolution textures on posters or other small objects and brushes, because these large textures consumes many video memory as well. You don't need a 1024x1024 res texture for a goblet, it's enough a 256x256 or even 64x64, and so on, and convert them to at least DXT1 4 bpp | no alpha DDS - and finally you will see how the mission is freshen up.

Thank you Csabo, i was already forced before releasing this mission to reduce the resolution textures to lower resolutions, the only textures that have 1024x1024 is the skyboxe in the second mission as well as the mountains textures. What program do you use to convert textures to DXT1 4 bpp?