TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: NEW T2 MISSION: "FTM Life" (13-Nov-2017) updated to v1.1

I completed the first episode a couple days ago and was a little short on loot. I found it really hard to use the ledges on some buildings. My character would just lock up unless I chose a very narrow path. Oh well, I got enough loot for the objective.

I then continued to the 2nd installment and crashed hard before even getting past the objective screen. Today I started up the last save, went to the bedroom in the first episode and it moved forward OK into the 2nd one. I immediately saved and then tried keep playing, but the walls in the very first room with grandpa went all white and then it crashed telling me my video card was not supported. No worries, I restarted and loaded the quick save and the 2nd episode seems to be working OK, albeit with slow downs while walking down the street. I just look down to speed up my running. Old trick for slow frame rates.

I like the second part better than the first. It seems a little more "thiefy". I do miss the light gem. I can never really tell when I am not being seen. I would love to have some rope arrows

aww shucks thanks for the credit Cardia. Playing soon! Congrats!

Old meat thank you for telling me the story of the "crying boys" paintings , i didn't know there was a polemic regarding the painter and a superstition with the paintings, ive read its story , in Brazil rumor had it that the painter had made a pact with the devil, and it was ask to people that whoever possessed the paintings to burn them as they were cursed. I don't know what lead so many Portuguese people to decorate their houses with "Crying boys" and also the harlequins by Mira fujita.

Bjack, i noticed when i used fraps to made the videos walktroughs it made the game performance slower, i remember i couldn't climb one of the windows due to the game performance, but im glad that now the second mission is working for you and i hope the ambient music is working. I didn't include light gem because there's no shadows enough to hide yourself, as it is still day light.

For those who are not having ambient music to play in the beginning try to reload the game, and if it still happens then all i can say is play some of the music you like you think it would fit in to those scenarios, or go to snd folder of the mission, for the first mission open the file "windstil" inside the folder "SFX" and "m10boing" for the second mission in the folder "Ambient"
    Last edited by Cardia; 19th Nov 2017 at 04:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    There's 800 loot extra regarding the loot required for expert in the second mission, have you checked the lootlist inside the mission zip file or the video walktroughs?
    Ah, Hadn't checked that. Thanks.

I had to use the loot list to get the last 100 to end the game. A warning though, the locations for some of the loot are more like hints, not direct locations.

A question for Cardia, are the hostile AI supposed to go into never ending hostility? In the 2nd mission, I pissed off the neighbor and he chased me for the rest of the game any time he saw me. Somehow, he got outside of his gate and roamed the street. I avoided him by mostly sticking to back yards.

Yes the loot here can be harder to spot since we are all used to recognize the thief loot models , while here in this mission an ordinary object can be loot, the readme file mentions that is recommended to check the objects closely as there's chance they are worth to loot.

Bjack , i didn't do much settings to those ai creature, just made their eyesight more accurate, and made them patrol their private areas, nothing else. since the map is big you can make them easily loose your track .

Keeper of FMs
    Oh good! Yandros tempted me back to playing with DCE. I'm glad to see you are still making missions. This is next on my to-play list.

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Oh good! Yandros tempted me back to playing with DCE. I'm glad to see you are still making missions. This is next on my to-play list.
    Hi Gretchen, its good to know youre still around here , I hope this will be an enjoyable experience for you, although i must say this production runs away from the Thief style game/world.

Keeper of FMs
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Hi Gretchen, its good to know youre still around here , I hope this will be an enjoyable experience for you, although i must say this production runs away from the Thief style game/world.
    That's OK by me! You've done it before; Playground of Doom comes to mind. Exploring your art museum (A Time for Culture, IIRC) is one of my favorites. I've always enjoyed your missions. I look forward to these.

Okay, I gave this mission a try

While it's not my type of mission, I was amazed of how much effort has been put to create it. The mission is truly magnificent, and shows how NewDark can handle large terrain objects. My computer isn't that cutting-edge (Pentium G4600 2017 model + 8GB DDR4 RAM + Radeon 1GB videocard), it wasn't as laggy as reported. The gameplay on my computer is largely smooth.

I admit, I prefer classic Thief missions - mansions, cathedrals, dungeons with zombies. However, I don't mind if other types of mods (and yes, I dare say that we should call these missions mods) are in production.

Thanks Bulgarian Taffer, yes this is more like a personnel project, i mean not excatly with the FTM situation but with the fact that i lived among these realities and with the scenarios from my home country and its atmospheres. This is not a reflection of what represents the thief Universe therefore the small recognition from the Thief fans in this project . This happens to be a realistic drama, and i don't agreed when like someone said this tells nothing but mundane events, and i don't agree, because it's not everyday that someone gets aid, it's not everyday that we get to loose a parent, or it's not everyday that we get divorced...these are not daily things, not something we can say its part of a rotine therefore not a mundane thing. The story here searches to be dramatic and documentary at the same time, and not a X-men action movie. I use dromed as a personal preference, as its format is ideal for me to express and tell my stories, but some players only tried to judge it in its expression as Game and not absorb it as a artistic/documentary work . One player even said that these missions look like a store asset, and this is the kind of comment coming from a mind formatted by commercial games , where players are used to see objects cloned and things we get to see only in games, and here i tried to be as realistic as possible, so i use as many different object as possible to be loyal on depicting real life, and still reality has much more that this production shows, what i mean is, the same way artists are free to use formats like films, photography, books, paintings etc... there should also be the freedom to use the videogames/3d editors with as much flexibility as possible and free from rules that dictate what you must and must not do in a 3d editor format. You're not going to watch a movie and then make a comment like:" this movie looks like a asset store because it has to many objects." 3d editors are to be used freely like any other format.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678