TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Christmas Memories

Christmas Memories

My old hound dog Sundance and I used to have a Christmas skit that we used to entertain our Christmas guests. We would all be sitting around the kitchen table having tea and cookies then I would get up and say I was going to go see if I could guess what was in the Christmas present that Grandma sent me. Then when I was out of sight I would put a empty prop Christmas present over my head and then step back out were the guests could see me. I would say - oh man I just had to peek now its stuck - oh oh my eyes are getting itchy I think there are wool socks in here - help me Sundance. Then Sundance would rush over and start ripping the Christmas present off my head and once he got it off he would tear it into a million pieces. Cheers!

DO NOT OPEN this thread before Dec 1.

It's bad enough you can't escape the Big C in the stores.

Moderator and Priest
    My neighbor decided to break his Christmas tree out on Nov. 1st. Every night when I step out on my patio, I see it there, brightening up his living room, festively spilling its light out on the yard through the windows above.

If it were December, I'd probably enjoy it. But it's not. It's November. We haven't even had Thanksgiving yet. All it's doing is making me mad.

Southquarter.com/fms
    It's pretty sickening when you're in Walgreens before Halloween and they have all of their Xmas candy out.

Except...yum...chocolate marshmallow Santas!

Then there's also the inevitable Xmas music everywhere that starts like one hour after Thanksgiving is over.

Moderator and Priest
    If things keep going the way they have, within 10 years, we'll be seeing the Hallmark Channel airing Home Alone on 24 hour repeat starting sometime in July.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas.

Good old St.Nick won't be coming to our house this Christmas Eve, as my son has informed us that he has stopped believing.
    He had known for a while, but didn't know how to break it to us (which is too cute for words).
    We had a family tradition that involved me going downstairs on Xmas morn, to check and see if dear old Father Christmas had indeed, delivered the goods. I would bustle about, switching on the tree lights, with lots of 'oohing and aahing', while my son would wait anxiously at the top of the stairs asking, 'Has he been?'. Once I gave the all clear, he would make his way downstairs to a world of joy and wonder known only to a child.
    I shall miss those mornings dearly, but also remember them, fondly.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Good old St.Nick won't be coming to our house this Christmas Eve, as my son has informed us that he has stopped believing.
    He had known for a while, but didn't know how to break it to us (which is too cute for words).
    We had a family tradition that involved me going downstairs on Xmas morn, to check and see if dear old Father Christmas had indeed, delivered the goods. I would bustle about, switching on the tree lights, with lots of 'oohing and aahing', while my son would wait anxiously at the top of the stairs asking, 'Has he been?'. Once I gave the all clear, he would make his way downstairs to a world of joy and wonder known only to a child.
    I shall miss those mornings dearly, but also remember them, fondly.
    Ya I went threw that with my 2 sons but now I got a 2 year old Granddaughter so I get to see it again. Cheers!

Yeah Purgator, that is what really makes Christmas. We decided to just both pretend for years anyway. Now that the kids are gone the joy is as well. We put up a foot tall pre-decorated pre-lit out of the box tree and call that Christmas now. The dinner at Moms where everyone showers the grandkids with gifts is fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoose View Post
    Then Sundance would rush over and start ripping the Christmas present off my head and once he got it off he would tear it into a million pieces. Cheers!
    Wouldn't tearing your head into a million pieces be more of a Halloween kind of thing?