TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What's your favorite bird?

What's your favorite bird?

Mine are Quail they remind me of road runners they also make a pretty cool sound. I like how the male will perch it's self on a rock and keep an eye out for danger to keep it's family safe and if there is danger the female will run into the brush lift her wings up and the babies will run under her wings for safety. About the only thing I don't like about Quail is sometimes a pair of adult Quail will kidnap the young of other Quail families. Then they will make those young walk at the back of the line - predators will usually pick off the young at the back of the line - the pair of Quail do it to help insure that their gene pool will survive (their babies aren't picked off as much). Cheers!

Big.
    I shall be ever so annoyed if all Nanoose's threads turn out to be some elaborate market research exercise.

Come and play. Everythings a-ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Big.
    I shall be ever so annoyed if all Nanoose's threads turn out to be some elaborate market research exercise.
    To me it feels like being in one of those uncomfortable silence conversations, where a person asks a random question to break the silence. Next it'll be "hey whats your favorite dinosaur? Mines Barney cause he's purple."

If Nanoose's next thread ends up being "hey what's your favorite dinosaur" I think icemann should be banned for crimes against the general peace.

Mourning Doves. They're pretty and they make cool sounds. Also, they made a nest and laid eggs in our eaves once, so that was cool.

Mistaken for a man
    Crows and ravens. They're super smart and darkly beautiful.

I think lammergeier is a pretty cool berd. Eh use tools and doesnt afraid of anything.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    To me it feels like being in one of those uncomfortable silence conversations, where a person asks a random question to break the silence. Next it'll be "hey whats your favorite dinosaur? Mines Barney cause he's purple."
    Barney isn't really a dinosaur, Ice.

But he's got an exhibit in the Creation Museum!

When I was a kid I used to be into birdwatching and photographing birds and drawing them. My favorite was probably the black-capped chickadee, I guess because they were fun to watch. I wrote a report about them in the 6th grade.

Nowadays, I'll take anything but crows and woodpeckers. I especially hate Downy woodpeckers because of the continual damage they do to my house.

Somehow, I was expecting this thread to contain folks describing the types of women that they find attractive.

These are also nice:
    Rough Faced Shag
    Brown Trembler
    Cock-Of-The-Rock
    Masked Booby

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Somehow, I was expecting this thread to contain folks describing the types of women that they find attractive.
    In that case it would be who is your favourite bird.

At least Nanoose brings out some silliness that seems to have been lacking recently.

Quote Originally Posted by scumble View Post
    In that case it would be who is your favourite bird.
    You mean women aren't objects?

Technically, the topic should be "What's your favourite kind of bird?" either way.

Either way, I don't see many of the little winged dinosaurs. They're smart enough not to come near cats.

I remember quail. The young look like pieces of popcorn darting about. We would chase them and scoop them up to love on them when I was a kid. And then when they stopped moving grab up another. At some point Dad stopped us. The frantic parent would be pretending to be injured to lure us away. They made their nests in one large bundle on the ground just right for the encroaching coyotes to wipe out. That and the fact they always waited until a vehicle was right on them to fly sort of proved their doom around here. One even broke a friend of mines nose when he was on a Honda 90.

Yeah I like crows too. I had hopes of training a flock to visit me with offers of crackers at work and then teaching them to say "nevermore" but they are fickle and wary. They come get the food when you leave but never trust you anywhere close. I even thought of teaching them to say "die" just so they might follow a fellow eating something down the street saying it and scare the daylights out of him. Alas it was not to be.

They all have a different caw and one here at my house does the chorus of "Hot Blooded" by Foreigner. Caw caw caw ka caw caw caw.

El Shagmeister

Swearing parrots