TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: do you think the Underworld and/or System Shock 1 source code will ever be released?

do you think the Underworld and/or System Shock 1 source code will ever be released?

man, i would really like to see the modding capability of these early 3d games along with ones like The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall, as well as making them run on modern operating systems natively without the need for DoSBox.

I would love to see this happen. I loved UW1/2 and want to see it updated for modern systems ala zDoom and such. I know they're making new versions of the games with Underworld Ascendant and the new SS1 remake, but I want the classic versions too. Besides, as a coder myself I'm curious how they did the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Oven View Post
    I know they're making new versions of the games with Underworld Ascendant and the new SS1 remake.
    i wish Otherside made something new instead of revisiting Ultima Underworld and System Shock which will most likely not make the splash they made back in the 90s cuz they're already been ripped off countless times.

All these games have been "ported" to Unity...
    Last edited by TannisRoot; 16th Nov 2017 at 22:13.

I don't know about Ultima Underworld (though there was the Unity remake), but for System Shock 1 Night Dive promised to release the source code, but that was a year ago. And we've not heard a peep out of them on it ever since, so I'm very doubtful.

Moderator and Priest
    They could release it alongside the remake, both as a show of good will, and a nice publicity stunt, all rolled up into one.