TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Any way to remove starting inventory?

Any way to remove starting inventory?

I'd like to replay the T1 and T2 but after 12321 replays with even with the initial inventory only it's way to easy... A novel ideal for me would be to play the game limited only to what I can afford, but that would mean removing the starting inventory. Is there a way to do so?

Dunno if it fits in the thiefgen but since we didn't have much traffic lately I'm sure mods won't mind

Southquarter.com/fms
    Do you really thing it's way too easy strictly based on your equipment? If so, just don't use any of it.

I'd just like to remove the starting gear, nevermind my reasons

Open a mission in DromEd, select the StartingPoint marker, go to Links and delete all the equipment Contains links. Save the mission and repeat for the next ones.

Thank you!

It doesn't work, I still get the starting gear.

When you returned to the game, did you start the mission from scratch?

Yes...

Do you have just one installation of the game? Some people have several, for some reason, and it can lead to confusion if they do some thing with one installation (e.g working on an FM) and forget to update the relevant files in one of the others.

If you can rule out that sort of problem, describe each step you performed (including file paths), and the cause of the problem should become apparent.

Have you tried Iron Manning? If so, try Titanium Manning.

You could always just note the gear you start with, and if you start with 2 HPs say waste them at the start.

@R Soul: No, I only have one installation. Oddly enough everytime I re-open the same mission within the Editor I don't see any of the changes I've made. I admit it was the first time I have used DromEd so I really don't know what I'm doing I just clicked on the starting location -> links -> removed all equipment except blackjack, compass, lockpicks, sword and Garrett himself... and I saved mission, exited DromEd. Then everytime I restart the mission in game I still have the equipment I thought I have removed, and then in DromeEd I still see no changes. So either my DromEd is bugged somehow, or I'm not doing something obvious to you guys but not to me. Or I'm just plainly stupid.

@Cigam: That's what I was doing... but after a while I feel I'm making a content inventory, not playing a game

Is your installation inside one of the Program Files folders? If so, Windows may have redirected the saved mis files to somewhere inside %programdata%.

In that case, try starting DromEd as administrator.

Just a thought: if you can identify the gear in DromED, then you could create a .dml file which will remove those items on mission start
    ... I suppose

ZylonBane
    Just throw your extra gear on the ground or down a pit at the beginning of the level. No need to be such a drama queen.