TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Thief: The Dark Project 20th Anniversary Contest!

I've been investigating a little bit and I can conclude that the final installation process of DromEd for Thief Gold should be like this:

1. Install Thief Gold (Steam, GOG or CD)
    2. Install TFix (Full or Lite) (overwrite files, if Lite version used)
    3. Unzip DromEd Toolkit content into Thief Gold game folder (overwrite files)
    4. Unzip editor.zip content from the latest NewDark patch into Thief Gold game folder (overwrite files), excluding 'DromEd.cfg' file
    5. Copy, paste and overwrite in Thief Gold game folder files contained in Tools\Thief1 Gold Newdark Dromed

---

Why should you avoid the NewDark DromEd.cfg file from editor.zip to be copied/pasted?

The NewDark DromEd.cfg file will overwrite the modified/optimized DromEd Toolkit one.

I suppose that AntiMatter should update his DromEd Toolkit to include this NewDark code into his DromEd.cfg file:

Code:
    ; when the editor is running in HW 2D mode (see below) it can use HW to generate the thumbnail images
    ; in the new texture palette by enabling this option (even if this option isn't enabled it will still
    ; use HW to generate thumbnails for native DXT textures, because the software routines doesn't support it)
    ;new_texpal_thumb_hw

; when an unnamed multibrush gets deselected (by selecting another brush outside the group) the multibrush
    ; will be automatically dissolved if this option is enabled
    ;auto_dissolve_unnamed_groups_on_deselect
    Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive (ETFMA): [TTLG thread]
    DromEd Level Editor Developer Textures Kit (DLETDK): [TTLG thread]

Can the contestants use custom music? If so, I'd be willing to help!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    No, that's not allowed.

if there is anyone making a map for this contest but really not sure what they want to do for the objectives part,i got a idea

since this is a classic thief experience,maybe someone can do the "gems of sornoth" mission=just an idea

not sure of any history of them in readables? but we do know that in the end there is a wanted poster for garrett,=check y profile pic to see it,i recreated it in my art style,but its exctly how it looks in thief gold,not sure if was in thief 1

It's Sarnoth.

ty updated profile pic accordingly was very hrd to tell it was an A compared to a O in the poster

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    No, that's not allowed.
    Wrong, it's allowed but we must modify vanilla sound and explain how we did it if it's too unrecognizable
    Slowing down sounds by 50% is a good start for new amb.

But the real question is: is taking sounds from CoK's soundtrack or from the cut-scenes O.K.?

Good point Squads, I was referring to completely new/custom music which is what I think zil meant by his question.

How about these:

- Garrett's lines from Thief 2
    - Ambient sounds from Thief 2

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    How about these:

- Garrett's lines from Thief 2
    - Ambient sounds from Thief 2
    -> Yes
    -> No

I'm thinking I'm gonna get started on my mission very soon which means in the next few days or week.

Today I started back up on another project that I started last year and it mostly consists of custom content so it's gonna feel weird starting an FM for this contest since it's only stock resources It'll definitely be an interesting and probably fun experience working with stock resources only since I haven't made anything in Dromed that was purely stock since 2013.

Problem with Doors not Working

A few years ago, I installed the Steam version of TG and had trouble getting everything (TG, FM's, and Dromed). Eventually with a lot of help, got everything working. I started building for the contest recently, and Dromed worked fine until I installed a door (which I just did on a whim as I usually build all the outside architecture first and do details/objects later). It would not open or close. There is probably a basic problem, but I am not sure what it is. Two years ago, this is what I did to install TG/Dromed:

Here is what I did and in the correct order:
    1. Download TG from Steam. Make sure you don't put the Steam directory under Program Files. I created a Steam directory directly under my C drive. The Steam version has ddfix but not TFIX applied.
    2. Create a new directory under your C drive (I called it TG Modified, but you can call it whatever you wish)
    a. Took Steam offline (and uncheck “enable the steam overlay while in-game") as I read somewhere it can do weird things in real time. Not sure if this is necessary but did it to be safe
    3. Copy all the TG files from the Steam Version to the new TG directory
    4. Apply the latest TFIX patch
    a. At this point I had a lot of trouble with Dromed including the HD textures not displaying properly. You now have the TG Dromed Version 1.37 installed.
    5. Download the latest Newdark patch (I used Version TafferPatcher_TMA_214_beta), don’t extract it anywhere
    a. Extract only the editor to your Root TG directory (file is called editor.zip)
    6. Install the Dromed Basic Toolkit
    a. I had to do this twice for some reason it did not extract all the files the first time. Not sure why but I probably did something stupid
    b. Copy contents of \Tools\Thief Gold Newdark Dromed to the TG root directory
    7. Make sure the resolution in cam.cfg and ddfix.ini are the same or Dromed will cash. To be safe, it will definitely work on 800 x 600. I have it set at 1024 x 768
    8. Test TG which should work fine.
    9. Test Dromed. I loaded mission 2 which is Lord Bafford and played it for a while to convince myself it was working fine. The first time I tried this, the menu’s were not working but the second time I installed Dromed Basic Toolkit it worked fine.

Does anyone have an idea of what I did wrong or how to fix the issue? I stopped building until I can figure out the problem and the fix.

Thanks
    BBB

You just need to load gen and convict. The door scripts are in gen.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    This is TG. Check the DromEd toolkit and read the instructions.
    There are 2 different versions of convict.osm. You'll need the 'big' one for TG (1.13 MB). All the script modules that you need is in the 'big' convict.osm module. The 'small' one (123 KB) is for T2. Don't load it.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by bbb View Post
    Does anyone have an idea of what I did wrong or how to fix the issue?
    yes - see INSTALLING THE DROMED EDITOR

Thank You!!

All very helpful, thank you! I am back in business. Now on to building.

BBB

Bloody Ramirez.
    You can't attach a key to his hip the traditional way; it almost fully gets lost in his body. I had to create a fake non-physical key and use DetailedAttachment to hang it from his hip, give the player the real key when it was frobbed, and then destroy it.

You can adjust the placement of a belt attached object! DarkGamesys > Belt Link Location

Thanks. I did not know that.

So hard to believe we are hitting 20 years. It doesn't seem that long ago that we had the 10th anniversary contest. Really makes you feel like an old taffer.

847 brushes and 999 objects!

My first mission is at 2624 brushes and 1412 objects!

Wow

Yandros, you are a machine!

I have more...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast