TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How many of you still have your old Thief game boxes?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do!

21 70.00%
  • Not me!

2 6.67%
  • No, but I wish I did now!

2 6.67%
  • I never had the game box!

5 16.67%

Thread: How many of you still have your old Thief game boxes?

How many of you still have your old Thief game boxes?

Just curious..

'Member?
    Last edited by Voe; 30th Nov 2017 at 00:37.

I do not have the original boxes for any of them, as I only first bought and played them a few years after release.

But I still have the budget re-release boxes of TDP and T2 from 2002. Never had a box for T3. I got the OEM version of it twice, as it cam bundled free with two different components. Can't rememeber what now, maybe a graphics card for one and a sound card for the other.

One came on it's own CD, the other came with Hitman: Contracts on the same CD.

And of course T2014 had no box.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    And of course T2014 had no box.
    Mine did! Well, not a box I suppose, but a nice and shiny metal case, which I actually prefer to those big old cardboard boxes.

I've still got the old TG and T2 boxes lying around somewhere too. TDS came with a standard DVD case as far as I can remember.

Southquarter.com/fms
    There have been several threads on this. Here's mine:

Have both Thief DP and 2 in their original boxes (but they are somewhat in a bad shape, one has a tiny hole) and Thief 3 in the Premium Collection Edition (it is still a normal DVD case tough)

I got the Thief TDP, Thief Gold and TMA big boxes and budget Sold Out copies, but I only bought them last September. So technically, they aren't that old.

Here's a (bad quality) pic of my collection.

Nice!

I really miss the fancy packages games used to come in.. now we're just lucky to get a steel box for the disc (if we even buy it physical).. although those are nice too in their own right.

Were the trapezoid boxes produced just for the first editions, maybe? Then they went to the rectangular ones?

I don't even remember the Thief II rectangular box that H3H3 has there...

Hi there .o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    I do not have the original boxes for any of them, [] but I still have the budget re-release boxes of TDP and T2
    Same here.

I never had, but I have Anthology of Looking Glass CD in Russian that I got in 2001 which includes all main LG games and was made by pirates, and has Shodan and Tiger Woods on cover.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Quote Originally Posted by Voe View Post
    Were the trapezoid boxes produced just for the first editions, maybe? Then they went to the rectangular ones?

I don't even remember the Thief II rectangular box that H3H3 has there...
    The trapezoidal boxes were made for the original North American release. Maybe later, they made classic rectangular versions of them in NA, but in general the rectangular versions were for Europe.

I still have an almost complete collection of LGS games, I posted a screen of it years ago in another thread. I'm missing British Open Golf, and regarding Thief I'm only missing the german versions.

Quote Originally Posted by zajazd View Post
    I never had, but I have Anthology of Looking Glass CD in Russian that I got in 2001 which includes all main LG games and was made by pirates, and has Shodan and Tiger Woods on cover.

Share a photo if you have the time? Just curious how it looks.

I too have first played Thief games pirated. I think someone in my family downloaded it and gave it to me on a written CD. Back then my country was just out of the soviet union so the game probably cost half a minimal wage so no one except really rich people would even consider buying. But now I have all three purchased on gamersgate.com

Also fun memories:
    I couldn't play Thief 3 for 1-3 years (don't remember exactly) because my PC couldn't support shader model 3 or something like that I think when my PC was upgraded, it was with geforce 8400GS so the game ran at like 15-25fps but still perfectly playable

Took these back in 2011...

the Thief collection...

Plus my autographed copy of TDPG by Thief designers Tim Stellmach and Sara Verrilli...

Nice!
    *fangirl noise*

Slyfoxx.. brahh.. autographed?

And where did those Thief Gold rectangular boxes come from? Haven't seen those either.

The rectangular boxes I found....thinks for a moment....around 2008 in a regular kind of game store at the local mall. This after hunting and hunting for years for gold. They were like 10 bucks so I snagged them all. I remember giving one copy away as a prize for a Fan Mission contest. The autographed copy I got via an on-line auction. Some site dedicated to board games lost a very popular member so folks there were auctioning off various things to raise money for his family. I sniped it for something like $250.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristijonas View Post
    Share a photo if you have the time? Just curious how it looks.

I too have first played Thief games pirated. I think someone in my family downloaded it and gave it to me on a written CD. Back then my country was just out of the soviet union so the game probably cost half a minimal wage so no one except really rich people would even consider buying. But now I have all three purchased on gamersgate.com

Also fun memories:
    I couldn't play Thief 3 for 1-3 years (don't remember exactly) because my PC couldn't support shader model 3 or something like that I think when my PC was upgraded, it was with geforce 8400GS so the game ran at like 15-25fps but still perfectly playable
    Lietuva? Hello from Latvia
    Here is a pic of the anthology (sorry for quality):

Only now I noticed that the title says LOOKING GLASS. Damn those pirates had no honor at all.

Level 10,000 achieved
    We're through the looking ass here, people.

Thanks for sharing, zajazd! Looks like a very nice pack of LG games!
    That KING ASS tho.

Lietuva indeed, kaimins

Uploaded this not too long ago.

Recently added these to my collection.

Windows 10 Pro, i7-4790K, GTX 1070 x2, Maximus Hero Vii, 32gb DDR3 2400.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/b/z7ccCJ

Your T2 game cover implies the game should be ghosted

Yup. Ghosted with heavy use of fire arrows

It looks more like a gas arrow!